Kids Area

Tomkatt7

^That is more where I lean...if it were a choice between The Peanuts or a "generic" kids area I would vote for the generic one.

Like I said on the other thread, with the exception of Snoopy, the rest of the costumed characters look creepy to me. I would have preferered "generic" characters running around like a Teddy Bear, dragon...etc...as long as the costumes were done nicely I think that would have been a better choice.

I voted for Nick U.

I think that Peanuts is one of the most recognizable franchises for licensing a close third to Disney's old movies and Looney Tunes.

However,

I think Nick is a better choice for right now as it is many, many, times more relevant for today's kids. Ask any 3 or 4 year old what their favorite TV show is and I would wager they would either say Dora or Spongebob. Very few would say Peanuts.

Just my 2 cents

I'm 13 and I voted for Snoopy.

I used to watch Nick a lot, but looking back on it, none of their shows have meaning whatsoever. Spongebob is funny, but extremely pointless. Avatar has a decent storyline. Fairly Odd Parents and Jimmy Neutron are virtually the same show if you think about it. Peanuts actually have meaning, and I think that would have a better impact on kids.

I was a hardcore Nickelodeon fan back in its hayday... I actually don't mind the Nickelodeon theming at all. Like Maverick said, it's very relevant to today's kids, who are the ones who will actually be enjoying the Kids area. I wouldn't mind sticking with Nickelodeon for at least another decade or so.

...I wouldn't mind sticking with Nickelodeon for at least another decade or so.

Most people wouldn't mind eating Prime Rib instead of a McDonald's Double Cheeseburger, but what do they do if they only have $3?

Terpy, just making an analogy...

Not wanting to go hungry, I voted for the Peanuts gang.

Only in price. I have had some meals in greasy spoons for mere pittances that I considered far better than some business meals I was forced to consume in "fine dining" establishments. Then again, I've been known to eat Gerber Lil Entrees for Toddlers, McDonald's Happy Meals and Hardee's meals for wittle kids...so why trust my judgment on such matters? Then again, perhaps that is why! :)

I'm not going to say much on this subject until ki goes completely so I'll only give my one cent! The way I see it is we have Nick stuffed into are faces and I like to go to ki to escape and enjoy my time, I feel that it will be pleasent to have snoopy and the peanuts gang at ki. My to Daughts who are 3 and 5 love them both and as long as there are rides they will ride them regardless of who is on the ride, plus they have never seen Little Bill since it is no longer on nickjr but they still love riding Giggle Coaster!

And honestly, who doesn't know who Snoopy is? He is the symbol of Cedar Point, and he's very popular.

I agree. Snoopy and Peanuts is far more recognizable and iconic but..

Nick is by far more relevant to the target audience mostly because Snoopy comes on a few times a year but sometimes, it seems, Spongebob and Dora are on 24 hours. Therefore with more exposure to Nick it is the better choice for a kid's area designed for kids (not adults).

But if it comes between a Nick area or a new ride or coaster down the road a definitely choose the ride.