Impressed with how Coney is looking

raptor

I arrived early to the Moody Blues concert at Riverbend so I decided to walk through Coney and I was very impressed. It has been a couple years since I've been to Coney, I really need to get back for a day. I knew they had added a couple new adult rides, but what I was so impressed with was the landscaping. They are really putting an effort into keeping the park pretty, much more so than the last time I was there, not that it was bad, but it really looked great, I love the new iron Coney sign at the entrance, that you walk under and I just noticed lots of well decorated flowers, and plants, as well as the shrubs really being trimmed well, it was great to see, I'm going to try to get up there for their Halloween Fest.

You really should try and make it out for the Fall-O-Ween festival. It is a fun time, and all of Coney`s rides are open. There are also lots of special activities going on. And new for this year is the Fright Lights Laser show at 8pm each night of the festival.

If you want to visit before Fall-O-Ween (which occurs on September 26th, 27th and October 3rd and 4th), Coney has a bonus day on Sunday, September 13th. Hours for both Sunlite Pool and the classic rides are 11-6 pm. Admission to Sunlite Pool is $6.95 per person, Classic Rides are $6.95 per person and a pool and ride ticket is only $9.95! That is a pretty good deal, considering a normal pool and ride ticket is $21.95!

I will be out of town, up at The Point and lake erie the week of the 26th and 27th, but if the weather looks descent enough I definately will make it up for October 3 or 4th - that bonus Sunday may be a possibility as well, but I really want to go to the Fall-O-Ween festival, what are the prices for that?

Not sure about prices this year, but last year prices were $9 for adults and $6 for kids 12 and under. I know that there is a banner hanging on the fence of the Rock O Planes with information on this years Fall O Ween Festival, which includes the prices. I believe (although am not 100% certain) that adults are $10 this year. When I work this coming weekend, I`ll verify the prices and report back.

Here is the blurb from Coney`s Special Events page:

Tickets at the Gate

Adults: $10

Children (age 12 & under): $7

There’s no place quite like Fall-O-Ween Fest to take in the tastes, sights and aromas of the fall season! Complete with floral displays, interactive events for kids, Coney's Classic Rides, musical entertainment, farm babies and harvest markets… it’s sure to be an experience the whole family will enjoy! Events highlights include:

NEW IN 2009! Fright Lights Laser Show – 8pm nightly – The entire family will love this frightfully-fun laser show choreographed to great tunes for all ages. It’s spookily sensational!

Trick or Treat Trail – 3-6pm daily – Children are invited to dress in their Halloween costumes and journey down the trail to receive goodies generously donated by local vendors

Coney Island’s Classic Rides Included with Festival admission ticket

Farmyard Friends Everyone’s favorite animals from down on the farm

Theatrical Entertainment Original Halloween-themed Children’s entertainment provides fun for little ones and adults alike

You would be guessing wrong. Direct from Coney`s Special Events page in the Season Pass section it clearly states the following:

Sorry...Coney Island’s Season Pass does not include admission to special events.

Everyone that attends the Fall-O-Ween Festival must pay the festival admission price. Unlike normal operation at Coney where it is free to walk around the grounds, that is NOT the case for special events like Fall-O-Ween Festival. Everyone that enters has to pay the admission price upon entering. The rides are included with the price of admission.

Advanced ticket for the Fall-O-Ween festival are available online now! If tickets are purchased by September 25th, you can save $3 off of admission. Instead of paying the gate price of $10, you can buy tickets online now for just $7! Check out Coney`s website here for more details and the information on how to buy now: http://www.coneyislandpark.com/special_calendar.php

While your 2009 Coney Island Season Pass will NOT get you admission into the Fall-O-Ween Festival (the rates I quoted above apply to pass holders), your pass still gets you one benefit. Your pass still will get you free parking for the Fall-O-Ween Festival. And if you pre-order your tickets, it is only $7 per person, not a bad deal, considering festival admission includes all of Coney`s classic rides, and the all new laser show at 8pm.

Update: While your 2009 season pass will not get you admission into the Fall-O-Ween festival it will get you another perk in addition to the free parking I mentioned above. Show your pass at the time you purchase your adult festival admission ticket, and receive $2 off the $10 admission fee.

Visited the park on this beautiful day! I really like Rock-O-Plane, does the Trabant still go backwards? or did I just have bad timing? still love the ride either way, I will never understand people's obsession with screaming their lungs out on viking ship rides, that usually keeps me off of them, the headache I received from the constant screaming in my ear, cut my day short an hour before the park closed, but all in all it was a fun day! It was neat to see Canoe's back out on Lake Como, next time I'll have to board one!

Glad to see you had a fun time today. The weather was near perfect. Yes, the Trabant does go backwards. Like the Flying Bobs, it switches direction every cycle. One cycle will be forward, while the next one will be backwards. Those canoes were added last year. You`d be surprised how many people end up tipping those canoes out in the middle of the lake.

I was the closing manager today, so I was there from 1-6, although I didn`t get out until much later as I had to deal with time cards.

Yes, what do you mean by that? Could you please elaborate on what sprucing up you are talking about?

A lot of the rides this year received some sprucing up. Super Round Up, Boats and Trains, Scrambler, Tilt A Whirl all received new lights this year. Additionally Trabant was painted for this season.

^

I was flabbergasted at how great Super Round Up and Trabant looked this year.

The new lights and new paint were well needed, well deserved, and well recieved.

On a side note, what happened to all the National City Kid's Town houses, that were not moved to the lakeside?

The new Kids House location is great! (especially with all those skeletons on the roofs and in the windows this time of the year... classy)

Sure wish they would replace some of the toys they had the first year, though.

• 3 weeks later...

What do you mean by that? Coney does have some really good food (ice cream, pizza, chili, tacos) but I do remember getting a soggy fish sandwich last year, though. It was less than tasty. :)

manly just flying bobs. i know its an old ride, but last time i was there i count'd at least 5 bee hives in the engine, and got stung

Sounds like you had a great time!

What do you mean by that? Coney does have some really good food (ice cream, pizza, chili, tacos) but I do remember getting a soggy fish sandwich last year, though. It was less than tasty. :)

manly just flying bobs. i know its an old ride, but last time i was there i count'd at least 5 bee hives in the engine, and got stung

Sounds like you had a great time!

says the dude who was sitting behind me! :P