A DB Flip Flop Adventure

gigacoaster2k

So today, Tom (Tom76257) and I were in row 14, me on the left and Tom on the right. Ashley (Ashers) and Kyle (kjkjkj) were in row 15, Ash on the left and Kyle on the right.

On the second hill after the MCBR right before we hit the helix, my right flip flop flew off and behind me. I thought it was gone forever. I yelled, "MY FLIP FLOP!!!!!" and started laughing uncontrollably at the irony of the situation (all day I'd been wondering out loud how people manage to lose flip flops on DB, especially on the freaking brake run). I heard Ash say, "I'm disappointed in you, Angie" :lol:

A few moments later, I turned around and was shocked to see my flip flop on the floor of the seat behind me. Apparently it flew back to the right, TEETERED ON THE RIGHT EDGE OF THE TRAIN, then flew back around Kyle between the seats and landed under Ash's feet.. she managed to catch it under her foot, held it there until we were back in the station, and handed it back to me as we exited the station.. how it stayed on the train through the helix and the splashdown, I'll never know.

I just had to share that with everyone.

You know, some people worked hard on that instructional video that tells you to press your feet against the bottom of the restraint when wearing flip flops.

:D

I never had a problem before! I think it was just telling me to shut up about other people's flip flops.

Besides, I have way too much fun touching my toes on the first drop instead of holding onto the restraint like a sissy. :P

I often wonder how many rides we will get on the back of the train before we get hit by something!

After looking at the phone box in the line, I know that oneof these times we will be going up a hill and "crack", cell phone right in the chops.

I wonder what happens if you do lose a flip flop on the ride?

Do you have to walk around the rest of the day lopsided? Or do they make you choose buying a pair of their shoes v.s. leaving?

The gift shop at Diamondback's exit sells flip-flops. That why you have to wear them. More nickels for Cedar Fair. :P I wore a pair of flip-flops one day just so I could see how easy it was to lose them. I stuck my feet out in the air the entire ride and didn't lose them. It just all depends on the fit of the flip-flops. I am also one who will vocally wonder how people lose them (when I'm not working). I've actually caught one cell phone and another hit my wrist as I reached up to grab it. I didn't catch the second one unfortunately. Its always a good laugh when someone in the back of the train comes back with an object that started the ride in the front.

Those particular flip flops I was wearing were a pair of my basic Old Navy flip flops, the ones you can get in a billion different colors for like $2. My right one doesn't fit properly thanks to people not watching where they are going and stepping all over my feet.. I believe I had them dangling off my feet a bit due to blisters forming on my feet toward the end of the day. They went in the trash as soon as I got home from the park.

I know exactly what flip flops your talking about Giga, my girlfriend has a couple of pairs of them. It's weird all of the things you can catch while your experiencing zero G's. Stuff seem to just float right into your hands.

So today, Tom (Tom76257) and I were in row 14, me on the left and Tom on the right. Ashley (Ashers) and Kyle (kjkjkj) were in row 15, Ash on the left and Kyle on the right.

On the second hill after the MCBR right before we hit the helix, my right flip flop flew off and behind me. I thought it was gone forever. I yelled, "MY FLIP FLOP!!!!!" and started laughing uncontrollably at the irony of the situation (all day I'd been wondering out loud how people manage to lose flip flops on DB, especially on the freaking brake run). I heard Ash say, "I'm disappointed in you, Angie" :lol:

A few moments later, I turned around and was shocked to see my flip flop on the floor of the seat behind me. Apparently it flew back to the right, TEETERED ON THE RIGHT EDGE OF THE TRAIN, then flew back around Kyle between the seats and landed under Ash's feet.. she managed to catch it under her foot, held it there until we were back in the station, and handed it back to me as we exited the station.. how it stayed on the train through the helix and the splashdown, I'll never know.

I just had to share that with everyone.

lol, well at least you didnt have to walk with only one filp flop. However i wish i could have seen you say "MY FLIP FLOP!!!!!" while riding db. ;) .....also it could have been worse your flip flop could have hit some one in the head or face.

That was quiete the experience on Diamondback! It literally was teetering on the edge of the car, then flew backwards, that's when I thought it was gone forever, then it managed to come back up to Ashley! :blink: lol.

Oh and by the way, the title of this thread is great. "A DB Flip Flop Adventure" lol.

This is WHY I am glad I wore sandals that had the backs on them so they wouldn't fly off! My feet didn't touch the bottom and my friend was struggling to keep her feet down and was worried about loosing her flip-flops. I would've took mine off if I had worn my flip-flops that day and been like to the people, hey they'll come off if I don't cause MY FEET DON'T TOUCH!

Last time I was at Kings Island, I had a park employee tell me that one time Diamondback e-stopped because someone lost a flip-flop, and it was covering one of the sensors. Maintenance was walking all over the ride trying to figure out why the ride e-stopped, then there it was. A $22-million ride shut down due to a few cents' worth of plastic and foam.

And they would have not let you ride without them. Flip flops cannot be left in the station or with another rider on Diamondback. They can even at Nitro, but Kings Island does not allow barefoot riders on Diamondback, though they do on Delirium, Drop Zone, etc. Go figure.

I too don't understand KI's flip-flop policy on flip-flops. It must have been a rough day on footware for DB. I was on 2 different trains where people other then Giga lost a flip flop. One woman was quite upset about it.

Yeah it does look cool! I just don't understand how people don't have enough common sense to not bring accessories on those rides! There are containers right in the station, so why not use those?

The general public does not understand the intense dynamics of a B&M hyper. They think it's just another coaster and that their phone will be fine in their pocket. It was the first and only coaster to ever OPEN MY SNAP POCKETS and nearly eat my car keys and my cell phone.. reason why I went shopping specifically for pants and capris with button and/or zipper pockets, and a drawstring bag. I also have a cloth zipper change purse (I put my season pass, debit card, cash, etc. in it) that has stayed put in my pocket even on TTD and Voyage.

Last time I was at Kings Island, I had a park employee tell me that one time Diamondback e-stopped because someone lost a flip-flop, and it was covering one of the sensors. Maintenance was walking all over the ride trying to figure out why the ride e-stopped, then there it was. A $22-million ride shut down due to a few cents' worth of plastic and foam.

Hahaha :D. What you were told was true! i was in the station when that happened. Everybody was sooooo confused. haha it was great!