A DB Flip Flop Adventure

gigacoaster2k

What I was confused at the last time I was there, Oldiesmann and I found a bunch of flip flops after the final break run as you are making your turn into the station right behind International Showplace. How do you make it all the way through the ride and lose your flip flop as you coming into the station at 4 mph? ;)

Ummm. Someone was sitting in the station getting ready to be dispatched and was just waving their feet and their flipflop went under the train. Luckily it landed on the box of the track so the ride attendant could get it.

LOL I did this a while ago, I was kicking me feet, then my flip flop flew off and went under the station, only mine didn't land safely on the spine of the track, it flew down all the way into the net below the track iinside the station. A ride-op went down underneath the station to get it, it was hilarious.

Ummm. Someone was sitting in the station getting ready to be dispatched and was just waving their feet and their flipflop went under the train. Luckily it landed on the box of the track so the ride attendant could get it.

LOL I did this a while ago, I was kicking me feet, then my flip flop flew off and went under the station, only mine didn't land safely on the spine of the track, it flew down all the way into the net below the track iinside the station. A ride-op went down underneath the station to get it, it was hilarious.

laced shoes at Kings Island.......thats all i am saying :P

You know, some people worked hard on that instructional video that tells you to press your feet against the bottom of the restraint when wearing flip flops.

:D

Why is it they don't just tell you to sit on them? That's what KD does if you're wearing flip flops on Dominator.

Ugh. Hersheypark used to make people sit on "loose shoes" on Great Bear. The mere thought of sitting on flip flops would be more than enough to keep me from wearing them. Not that I would anyway....

I'd also think with Diamondback's airtime, there'd be a really good chance of the flip flops flopping out from under the rear that had lifted from the seat from time to time....

• 1 year later...

The (Many) Problem(s) With Flip Flops:

...A recent study found that flip-flop wearers tend to grip the footwear with their toes, causing shorter stride length and improper force when their feet hit the ground. What does this mean? Basically, a powerful force is transferred up our legs, putting additional stress on our lower body.

Unfortunately, our bodies aren't designed for that type of stress. The spongy nature and lack of arch support found in many flip-flops causes the feet to roll inward toward each other causing pain and injury to the arch as well as plantar fasciitis. And if you're not flat foot, you actually could become flat foot by wearing poorly made flip flops.

Those aren't the only problems; there are the more obvious hazards of uncovered footwear. These include stubbed toes, cuts, bruises, bug bites; not to mention dirty feet. Because flip flops tend to lack support and a tight fit to the feet -- combined with usually poor treads -- slips, falls, and sprained ankles are much more common. I'm sure we can all think of at least one flop or fall while wearing them!...

http://www.huffingto...-_b_844981.html

Several years ago, I was on the backwards Racer and a guy lost his ball cap. It flew right next to me and I don't know how, but I reached up and grabbed it out of mid air. I returned the hat to him after the ride was completed. I could not believe the luck, just a fluke in my book.

P.S. This took place going down the first drop. I could probably never pull that off again. LOL

I have a pair of flip-flops. I wore them once for about an hour and swore never to wear them again. They were the most uncomfortable things I ever put on my feet.

On the other hand, I just bought a pair of Vibram FiveFingers (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm). I find them to be extremely comfortable. If, like me, you can't stand wearing shoes in the house and prefer being barefoot, I highly recommend you give them a try.

I swear by flip flops. I normally wear a size 15 shoe, meaning that there is one store in the Cincinnati area that has that size (and normally ONE pair,) with flip flops and sandals I can wear a size down, and still be comfortable.

I also know what I'm looking for when it comes to flip flops/ sandals, and I have a hookup to some sandals that have extra support and are about 2" thick, giving me plenty of support and comfort. Just know what you are buying and you will be fine.

I used to support wearing sandals with no straps around the heel and open toes on roller coasters. Now, I have changed my mind and I'm against wearing them on coasters........

I guess I've "Flip Flopped"!!!! (18 days is obviously too long)