Haunt 2009's Web Site Is Alive

BoddaH1994

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh, the Haunt site is incredible - what a remarkable job! I'd love to go this year, but since I could only make KI on a Saturday, I'm worried about the crowds. Would the Saturday lines be so long that we wouldn't get to do all the haunts in one night? Doing Beast, etc., would be great, but I'd forego that to hit all the Halloween-specific activities instead.

Gosh, the Haunt site is incredible - what a remarkable job! I'd love to go this year, but since I could only make KI on a Saturday, I'm worried about the crowds. Would the Saturday lines be so long that we wouldn't get to do all the haunts in one night? Doing Beast, etc., would be great, but I'd forego that to hit all the Halloween-specific activities instead.

In my experience; I haven't been able to do all haunts on one Saturday. Granted, we had 1 less hour before AND we rode some rides as well. But usually on Saturday nights, some Haunt lines are over an hour long and with so many haunts to do; it's really hard to get them all in.

In my experience; I haven't been able to do all haunts on one Saturday. Granted, we had 1 less hour before AND we rode some rides as well. But usually on Saturday nights, some Haunt lines are over an hour long and with so many haunts to do; it's really hard to get them all in.

What's the probability of getting them all in on a Friday? That seems like the day to go.

What's the probability of getting them all in on a Friday? That seems like the day to go.

I'm not sure. Last season was the first time I went on a Friday, but it was closer to the end of October and didn't seem much different than a Saturday to me. But I've heard that if you go one one of the early weekends on a Friday; it's almost a walk-on evening. I'm going to be going to some early Fridays to find out for myself this year.

YES! I finally get to say it... I'm in Slaughter House! That feels so good to finally say on here. Now I just have to wait a little longer before I can say what else I know... and it's interesting.

All I can say for now is yes, as the map indicates, Slaughter House is at Stunt Crew Grill. I'm not sure how yet, but it's there.

Uh oh... I feel a change coming on... It's happening again... just like last year... My avatar... Wally Gator's getting zombie-fied!

Yuck. I haven't been to a Halloween event at KI since Fear Fest 2006 and I dunno I just don't care for Hollywood guts and gore there's so much more to Halloween than that...like Candy..Telling Scary Stories...and TP'ing your grouchy nieghbors trees...throwing old cole slaw at your ex girlfriend..Sticking potatoes in the tail pipe of your bullies car/truck...

I'm one devious b@sturd!!! :P

Ive gone on a Friday for two years now and have never had a problem getting all the haunts done and most of the coasters too. The way you do it is to get there before opening and plan out the way you are going to do it. If you get the dinner then obviously you will be hitting the new house first, two years ago I even got out of the house before the park opened and managed to get to Massacre Manor ahead of the crowd too. You should be able to hit all or nearly all of the houses before the outdoor zones open. Once it gets closer to those opening up, go to Trail of Terror and get in line, then immediately go to Tombstone Terroritory. From there complete the rest of the zones and houses in the geographically easiest way for you. Ive finished all the haunts no later then 10:30, which gives you plenty of time to get night rides on the coasters. I went towards the end of September in 06 and Columbus Day weekend in 07.

YES! I finally get to say it... I'm in Slaughter House! That feels so good to finally say on here. Now I just have to wait a little longer before I can say what else I know... and it's interesting.

All I can say for now is yes, as the map indicates, Slaughter House is at Stunt Crew Grill. I'm not sure how yet, but it's there.

Uh oh... I feel a change coming on... It's happening again... just like last year... My avatar... Wally Gator's getting zombie-fied!

Feels good to finally say something about Slaughter House, Zombie-Gator, and I'm itching to talk about some of what I know, but patience grasshopper....LOL

I went through at my own pace, which is pretty normal. Last year I dont think I ever waited more then 10 minutes for a single haunt, ditto the year before. Both times I got depressed when after 3-4 haunts I had to wait in an actual line. Thats mainly because everyone in the park does the coasters first, which is wrong, wait til later in the night and they will have short lines while the haunts have longer ones. The only ones that can foul this up are Trail of Terror and Tombstone, you need to get them done (in that order) ASAP once they open.

While I enjoy the haunts, by far the best thing about this time of year is the extreme amount of night riding time on the coasters (thanks to both later closings and earlier sunsets) and the fog drifting over their courses. I do every haunt once, and only once, then its on to power riding the coasters the rest of the night.