Could SFKK's Chang be in danger?

Guest rcfreak339

Since we are talking about Six Flags parks, is SFGAdv a dirty park? Someone in my history class said he used to live in NJ and go there all the time. He said the place was a dump, trashy, pretty much a bad park except for the rides. But, this has been several years ago, so has it changed a lot to?

I can already hear Terpy typing away the answer to my question. :lol:

Which is utter rubbish.

Six Flags has MANY nice parks. How many Six Flags parks have you been to and when?

4 months ago I went to America, it was NOT clean and the food, trust me, was anything but gourtmet.

1 year ago, Magic Mountain, food sucked, trashy workers, and the park wasn't very clean.

There's two, sorry I offended you; but many (doubt people agree with me now ON THIS FORUM, because you disagree) find all the things I mentioned terrible. I have nothing against the parks; it was a simple joke that everyone went crazy over. I'm sick of this. I was being funny and it turns out to be blown way out of proportion.

(bolded for emphasis)

Quite to the contrary, sir. I am by no means any more of a credible person on any Kings Island fansite than yourself, but the simple fact that it seems you can't post a single thing without complaining about something makes me want to disagree with you about the Six Flags franchise merely because you can't look at anything positively. I've never even been in a Six Flags-owned amusement park, and the Interpreter is nothing more to me than a fellow fan of Kings Island who seems to know quite a bit more and has quite a bit more experience in the amusement industry than the average Joe Schmo.

Of course, I've also been incredibly hypocritical in this post myself, and I've no issues admitting that: I'm more a lurker than a member on this site, but lately it seems like my posts on nearly any forum lately have been something akin to arguing with another member regardless of my status there. I don't mean to live for calling out people on their crap; it just seems lately that that's where my posts have been landing lately. But regardless, sir, we should both learn from this lesson: people will not like either of us any better if all we do is act negatively and groan when we are corrected. I'm no expert on this site as I've only been a more or less real fan of KI for a year and a half, but it seems to me that nobody here or there corrects to be mean or pick on you. So take it at its usefulness, and please stop throwing a hissy fit when somebody hasn't had exactly the same experience somewhere that you had. If nothing else, those lurkers or members who read your posts (or at the very least myself) get tired of trying to read a casual discussion about another amusement park only to read sentence after sentence where you're all angsty because the Interpreter- who I daresay has multiples of more experience in visiting amusement parks than yourself- knows the status of Six Flags parks more precisely than you. Just take a deep breath and realize nobody's out to get you, man.

Sorry to launch into a totally non-topic related spiel, everyone. I just hope I'm being helpful in what little ways I hopefully can be.

Now, what's this I hear about Chang moving to SFA? :)

• Like 1

Come on. I'm getting people yell at me here for this when I've heard people in other threads say the same thing.

TTD - I'm going to try and be helpful and constructive.

If you want your opinions to be heard and your jokes to be taken as such on this site, you will need to build up a little credibility first (via content of your posts not number of your posts). Unfortunately, your first 100+ posts have come across as intentionally argumentative, poor jokes, and/or not adding to the topic by many of the other users. This has caused many to label you as a troll (both in writing and in their minds).

If you want to be argumentative and get people to yell at you - I'd politetly request you to do it somewhere else. If you want to be a valued member of the forums - I'd suggest you slow down on the jokes, stop and think before you press the "Add Reply" button, and only do so when your response adds to the conversation.

k, thank you. but 75% of my posts do make sense. and i thought the joke was funny. whatever.

....Now, what's this I hear about Chang moving to SFA? :)

The rumor is to Six Flags Great America, not Six Flags America.

And, at this point, it's only a rumor.

I'd also be a bit critical of that rumor. Six Flags is in bankruptcy, and its reorganization plan is not yet approved, and may not be. WHO will be running Six Flags a year from now is far from known, to put it mildly. The proposed reorganization plan in essence gives the chain to its creditors, who may or may not want to keep Messrs Shapiro and Snyder at the helm.

^ That was actually rhetorical, but hey, it seems I had my facts wrong regardless. Noted! :) Thanks.

And, on that note, I'm a bit critical myself, for my own reasons- like I said before, I've never been to a Six Flags park, but from what I deduce online, it seems like Chang is one of their main crowd-drawers. It feels the same to me like if Kings Island was to have Flight of Fear, Vortex, or Beast moved to another park- a really bad idea. But that's just me.

^ That was actually rhetorical, but hey, it seems I had my facts wrong regardless. Noted! :) Thanks.

And, on that note, I'm a bit critical myself, for my own reasons- like I said before, I've never been to a Six Flags park, but from what I deduce online, it seems like Chang is one of their main crowd-drawers. It feels the same to me like if Kings Island was to have Flight of Fear, Vortex, or Beast moved to another park- a really bad idea. But that's just me.

I don't think they COULD move Beast :P The other two I couldn't care less about.

The somewhat unstated idea behind this rumor is that SFKK would become only a waterpark, not unlike, say, Geauga Lake's Wildwater Kingdom. One of the problems with this rumor is that the Commonwealth of Kentucky, which owns much of the land on which SFKK sits, may not be very happy with this prospect...as currently SFKK makes up about half the Kentucky State Fair's midway, with N.A.M.E. providing the remainder. A waterpark couldn't effectively do that.

Guest rcfreak339
Kentucky Kingdom will be the next to go in the Six Flags franchise. I think the waterpark would probably stay though. That looks like a cool place.

True that. SF has several stinkers in terms of "big sellers"

The big babies -- Great Adventure and Magic Mountain, SF over Georgia.

The stinkers: Kentucky Kingdom, Discovery Kingdom (cool place though), St Louis.

I love Flags though. Best management in the business. VERY Courteous staff, delicious gourmet food, and clean as can be. :)

(lmao)

Did you know Kentucky Kingdom is one of the most profitable SF parks? Why would SF get rid of it? The waterpark is the main draw there, and if hardly anyone is rideing the rides, why spend the money them? When you could be making Splashwater Kingdom better which is already the main draw. If this happens I would be sad, but also excited. If this happens Splashwater Kingdom would be one of the best waterparks in North America.

If it's one of the most profitable why are they considering closing it? Geez, I really am confused at your logic. If it was one of the most profitable, they would be adding new coasters (not the waterpark here) and new rides often like at Magic Mountain. Now I know I'm going to get banned, so thanks everyone for getting mad at my joke.

Who said they were closing it? The waterpark is the main draw there, that is a fact. Why spend money on rides when you could be spending money on cheaper slides which are the more profitable attraction anyway? Go to the park before you bash the place. As almost everyone says the park gets bashed WAY to much for what it deserves. It makes total since to make it a waterpark only park. Cheaper attractions+Same ticket prices=More profit. Although this expansion which is speculation won't be cheap. And as Terp said the state of Kentucky might not like the idea.

Which is utter rubbish.

Six Flags has MANY nice parks. How many Six Flags parks have you been to and when?

Um I just was At Six Flags America on Sunday. But some one tell me this. How many parks will tell you to go have a Great Adventure?. :lol:

While it would be a huge loss the park could benefit from a huge waterpark expansion. Especially if it is the main draw. I haven't been there for a few years, but I here things have gotten better. Heck I enjoyed it the last time I went rude operators, overflowing trash, and all... I think it all depends on how much of a good time you want to have. Chang was awesome... scared the holy heck out of me at the time though.

• Like 1

I visited the park (SFKK) three weeks ago for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. Granted, their coaster collection isn't the best out there but I came away feeling as though much of the negative news I've heard about the park was not warranted. The park was clean and the operators were friendly, many of whom actually showed some personality!

Chang was by far the best ride in the park. I do find it amazing that the last three standups that B&M made (Chang, Riddler's Revenge and Georgia Scorcher) were the three best in their collection. Having said that, I can vouch with others that the ride was a complete walk-on, even at 1 pm on a summer Saturday. The waterpark, on the other hand, was amazingly busy, and almost felt like even then that it was too small for how many people were there.

The rumor, while it may not turn out to be true, does make some sense at least from the standpoint that the waterpark at SFKK is definitely their meal ticket. How they would incorporate Chang into SF Great America's lineup is the real mystery IMO. Having two standups at a park doesn't really make much sense, so we'll see.

• Like 1

I have been to SFA, SFKK, SFGAm, SFGAd & SFoG this year. Every park was clean & the staffs were freindly. We don't eat much at the parks from a finacial stand point so I won't comment on the food. We had a great time at all of the Six Flags parks & I would return to any of them. SFKK has the weakest coaster line up, but that being said, it was still a fun day.

• Like 1

sfkk is a great park Hopefully they don't take the rides out!!!! but i can see from there side, of it if the water park is what people want build it and they will come!!!

I'm sure they are asking people

Now the state fair and the exhibition center will not like that as they would lose the coasters ferris wheels and such:

Kentucky Kingdom will be the next to go in the Six Flags franchise. I think the waterpark would probably stay though. That looks like a cool place.

True that. SF has several stinkers in terms of "big sellers"

The big babies -- Great Adventure and Magic Mountain, SF over Georgia.

The stinkers: Kentucky Kingdom, Discovery Kingdom (cool place though), St Louis.

I love Flags though. Best management in the business. VERY Courteous staff, delicious gourmet food, and clean as can be. :)

(lmao)

Wow..

I must first say your list of "Stinkers" is uh... Failed. St. Louis is one of the best Six Flags parks. I am saying this as a bit of a fanboy... But its true. It was also recently reported that SFSTL has been having more attendance than any other Six Flags Park this season.

Also, I find it funny you put Discovery Kingdom... and you didn't mention America. From what i hear, that is the WORST six Flags park.

Also. SFOG is NOT a baby park to Six Flags.

Please for the love of god, Improve this list.

• Like 1

Guest rcfreak339

How about this, Make the back side fully a waterpark but keep the front side a ride side. So it can still be part of the fair midway? I would hate to see it happen, just a thought though.

Screamscape is reporting that Chang could be moved to Six Flags Great America in 2011, whats your alls insight on this? I say this is just completely false. Why would Six Flags move a 14 year old stand up to a park that already has a stand up and doesn't even have the room to build one? It doesn't make much sense.

Simple to get a "new" ride at the expense of a park that they don't really care about....it's like GL all over again.

Guest rcfreak339

I hate the example used about GL and SFKK. SFKK and GL had nothing in common about this situation, GL's attendance was DE-Creasing while SFKK's is IN-creasing (or staying the same but above most SF's parks). SF still gets a good amount of profit and thats something GL didn't do. SF will not sell SFKK, why would they if they are going to expand the waterpark? Think about it. Six Flags still cares about Kentucky Kingdom, it's just that they have been doing renovations to the waterpark instead of the ride side over the past years.

Guest rcfreak339

I believe you have forgotten about THIS one. Oh, and St. Louis doesn't look too bad.

TTD Maverick have you ever been to SF St.Louis? If so how did you have a bad time? SF St.Louis was terrific! The atmosphere was amazing , on eof the best of any park Iv'e been too, Scenery was great, Staff was awesome and the rides are terrific. Judging from that list it looks as if you have never been to those SF parks. Explain, I would really like to know how you didn't like SF St.Louis.

• 2 weeks later...