SHOOT THE RAPIDS at Cedar Point

The feudin's been goin' on fer decades. Now, climb aboard and immerse yourself in one of the wildest water expeditions this side of the Appalachians!

You'll board your boat inside the Crystal Rock Bottling Company and travel through rivers, around an illegal moonshine still and encounter some wild feudin' and fightin'. We still have no clue what they're fightin' over (it could be Whyte Lightnin'), but yer sure to be a part of it!

The Shoot the Rapids adventure features two unique lift hills that drop you into roaring river rapids. You'll even encounter some surprises along the journey!

Use the links on the left to explore all the details about the ride. You'll find interviews, computer animation, construction photos and facts about Shoot the Rapids. A webcam, available for viewing the entire construction site, will be installed shortly after Labor Day.

Shoot the Rapids is scheduled to welcome riders on Opening Day, 2010!

POV: http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/ride...pids/videos.cfm

Facts and Stats: http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/ride..._the_rapids.cfm

News Release: http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/ride...rapids/news.cfm

Image Gallery: http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/ride...rapids/news.cfm

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/ride...oot_the_rapids/

oh noes teh animationz doesnt showz teh lap barz!!!111eleven

the animation also shows all of the riders facing forward the entire time and not moving, even when passing under a waterfall...

.. The point being that the purpose of the animation is more or less to show the ride layout and what the riders will experience as they go through the course.

• Like 1

I think it's a perfect addition and fit's into it's environment nicely. It's cool that that added to the old feuding families theme from PWE. It's nice when something new reinvigorates something old.

I personally would prefer a coaster (while we're at it make that trimless) but I think they've done the right thing.

With all the development in the back of the park it really makes me wonder what it will look like in a few years.

it shows the restraints. they are the same style restraints on pilgrims plunge. they are lap restrains that are attached to the top of your seat instead of the floor.

I finally found a picture of Intamin over the shoulder bars, to illustrate what you and I are talking about.

These are Pilgrims Plunge's boats at Holiday World. The restraints are not uncomfortable, not at all. I have been on Plunge twice, and these restraints feel like a lap bar, not an OTSR.

HWPP2.jpg

Give him a break... He's red-headed and fair skinned... like I am... and probably not sunburned, just red. I turn red after about 5 minutes in the sun, doesn't mean I am burned, just means my skin is hot.

Anticlimactic? Only if you somehow were wishing for something else. I personally think its a good addition for them. Good to see water rides making a comeback. (Many here are too young to remember the days when outside of a flume there were virtually no water rides at parks... in the mid 1980's raft rides revolutionized the industry spurring interest in water attractions once again. Maybe this will do the same.)

Shaggy

Looks fun to me. It's good to see another family ride go in at the Point.

Did Intamin change their name? From the press release:

The ride was designed and manufactured by IntaRide LLC of Glen Burnie, Md., the same company that built the Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster and Millennium Force roller coasters and the Thunder Canyon river-rafting ride.

I hadn't heard them called IntaRide before.

At first, I saw it was a water ride and was quite disappointed, I was hoping for a GCI or GG woodie, one set in a theme a lot like this ride. I was brought up thinking water rides belong in waterparks, rides belong in amusement parks.

But, after looking at the animation, the ride itself, I'm starting to warm up to it a bit. I guess that even though I may not want a ride like that, some others may really enjoy it and it looks like it's an extremely fun ride for what it is. If there are changing rooms nearby, then I look forward to taking a spin on it.

I guess I am getting old.

I was hoping for another water ride like WWL/ KCKC/ or Thunder River @ Waldameer- aka a water ride that does not make you squeegee your shirt and shoes after the ride if you don't take them off prior to the ride. This does look nice, but it does not have that "family boat" feeling due to the restraints- and yes I do understand why they are there.

And $10.5 million? That seems a bit much for the ride I saw in the video (i.e.- Thunder River had a price tag of $2.5 million back in 1996). I guess I will have to see & ride it in person to get a real opinion on the ride.

• Like 1

So I wonder what the deal is with Whyte Lightning.

I also am wondering about the tweet that stated you will not get wet. Maybe that is referring to the line "you won't get wet on this ride, you will get drenched".

There was also a post about laboring over the plans. Could it be possible that there is more to come from the boys up north. 1,2,3

I just don't get them making such a big deal teasing us and then delivering a water ride.

• Like 1

Well, it looks pretty fun and I think that it was a good choice to put a themed family ride into the park. In my opinion, Cedar Point has kind of turned into a coaster park. This addition of a family ride will give families more to do in the park, therefore bringing in more families, and profit. Smart move by Cedar Point/Cedar Fair in my opinion. I can't really think of any downsides to this (other than the fact its not a coaster ;) ) so if anyone can think of some, I'd be glad to hear them.

How the heck is that 10 million? It looks like a lame water ride, with a dumb name. I wanted a roller coaster and I got a dumb log flume. All this hype for THAT? If I want a family park I can't go to Holiday World. This sucks. Someone alert Tony on pointbuzz that CP is officially losing it's mind. Wow, wow, wow. What complete and utter crap such a nice park would give us after building tension over a year.

• Like 1