SHOOT THE RAPIDS at Cedar Point

ha ha, i love the internet! a simple conversation about a new log flume has turned into a show for the rest of us

Welcome to KIC.

I think this ride looks great. Looks like a rapids ride like at KI, but with a drop and much more themed.

Well, why are you guys complaining? At least they are getting something next year and not just nothing. Somethings better then nothing. I cant wait to go to CP next year!!

Actually, I would've preferred nothing. This is a waste of CF's money that could've gone to a great roller coaster. There is enough space even for a small roller coaster in the area, but it's wasted. And Whyte Lightening? What was the point of that.

Seriously dude, does everything HAVE to be a coaster to be fun? This is definitely NOT a waste of money. Maybe Cedar Point wanted a fun water ride that everyone can enjoy than a Big roller coaster that only the taller people can ride. (Assuming the height limit) I'm just happy that their getting something next year and not just another office building. Sorry, you cant ride an office building. Be grateful people. And maybe Whyte Lytening was just to trick us. Like teaser posters, like when they built Diamondback.

I'm glad to see it's not another coaster, as much as I like them, I also like variety. However, I'm sick of this era of a water ride having to drench you, it's one thing to get wet one you hit the water, it's another to have waterfalls pouring on top of you, I use to love water rides back in the day, but now they seem to just be a contest to see how wet they can get you.

• Like 1

Nope. White Lightning DOES infact have something to do with it:

The feudin's been goin' on fer decades. Now, climb aboard and immerse yourself in one of the wildest water expeditions this side of the Appalachians!

You'll board your boat inside the Crystal Rock Bottling Company and travel through rivers, around an illegal moonshine still and encounter some wild feudin' and fightin'. We still have no clue what they're fightin' over (it could be Whyte Lightnin'), but yer sure to be a part of it!

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/ride...oot_the_rapids/

The whole premise is entering a boat where White Lightning is made, and then going on a ride where there is fighting over the moonshine.

I don't know what people are talking about here, not visiting Cedar Point because they didn't add a new roller coaster, not liking the park because they decided to spend some money for a family ride, what is wrong with you guys?

It's still Cedar Point. It's still America's Roller Coast. If they decided to put the couple million aside for a family ride (Which, in this day and age, is what brings people in), then why complain about not getting a ride in 2010, instead of looking forward to 2011? It's a good ride, if it doesn't appeal to you, then don't ride it! Ride Raptor, Wicked Twister, maXair, Power Tower, Skyhawk, Magnum, Maverick, Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, why start a rant about the park because they added a flume? Granted, I agree their decision to hype the ride up like they did was not a smart one, but they still added something. And if anything, it just means that 2011 will be a great year for the point!

I'm looking forward to riding, I think it's great that their taking a break from thrills and aiming toward the other spectrum of the amusement park.

Well just because there's not new coaster doesn't mean you shouldn't go! It's not like they took a coaster away. They just added a lame ride. What's so bad about that? Then forget about the ride! If you don't like it, don't ride it. Simple as that. Nothing to get worked up about.

• Like 1

It's funny how most of you think rides that arn't coasters are crap. A ride doesn't have to be thrilling to fun. I absolutely Love Daredevil falls (Dollywood), Coal Cracker (Hersheypark), Frightful Falls (Holiday world) and Wild Thornberrys River Adventure at Kings Island. People don't give flumes the credit they deserve. I can't wait to ride Shoot the Rapids!

Great Addition Cedar Point!

Well just because there's not new coaster doesn't mean you shouldn't go! It's not like they took a coaster away. They just added a lame ride. What's so bad about that? Then forget about the ride! If you don't like it, don't ride it. Simple as that. Nothing to get worked up about.

Ummm let's see... this coming from the person who said this:

Yes!!!! Exactly. All this hype over a water ride with a drop. And $10 million? How is that possible? Well I know what ride is going to be rated the WORST ride of the year.

Leave it to Firehawk123 and TTD_Maverick to really get the complaining going. Sorry to single you guys out. But it's getting bad.

I like the ride and the name (with its nod to history). I really think the whole family rides is where Cedar Point is lacking. It has kids rides and adult rides, but few for both.

The only thing I don't like (other than it not being like the one at Knotts, but that was just a dream) has already been mentioned here. It looks like you'll get real wet on it. WWL was great because you could ride it any of year and only get a little wet. It might not be as soaking wet as it looks though.

• Like 1

I don't know what people are talking about here, not visiting Cedar Point because they didn't add a new roller coaster, not liking the park because they decided to spend some money for a family ride, what is wrong with you guys?

I was only hoping to go to CP if they got a new coaster, and since they didn't, I'm probably not going. It's not because I don't like the ride...

CF is spending a ton of money this year. That's a great sign for the future. I think the ride looks like a lot of fun but with CF's history with theming, I hope that doesn't mean 2 fake boulders from Lowes and a lawn sprinkler. It's great to have theming but it has to work after the first season. They should rename the Crypt; "Big Dark Building with a Top Spin Stuck in IT." Follow through is everything in a Theme Park. Of course some will argue that CP isn't a theme park. Let the games begin.

• Like 1

The ride looks like a lot of fun except for the fact it does look like you get real wet. I love water rides but only when it is real hot out, ie high 80's and 90's. CP tends to be chilly early in the season and in the fall, so it seems like the demand for the ride will be limited by the weather.

And yes, I plan to buy a platinum pass for CP next year even if they are not building another coaster. How can you complain when they still have TTD, MF,Raptor, Gemini, Mantis, Maverick, Wicked Twister, Blue Streak, and Magnum? That's quite a collection of coasters.

• Like 1

^ Well I suppose CP can't do anything right. :rolleyes:

They took out a water ride for Maverick and people complained (including myself) that WWL was a good ride and there was no reason it should have been removed.

People complain that CP is just a coaster park with rides that "pierce the sky" and the park has no family atmosphere.

Now CP adds a ride that is not a coaster, and people complain that it is not a coaster.

Check out some of this old thread and what people have said:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1585

They could have added another Voyage, and people would have complained because it ruined the atmosphere of the beach on the side of the penninsula they built it on.

People complain. It's a part of Coaster Enthusiasts. I like it, so if other people don't all that means is shorter lines for me.

Guest rcfreak339

This is a awesome addition, I honestly can't see why people don't like it. It looks like it will be a terrific waterride, with terrific scenery and a terrific location. People expect WAY to much from Cedar Point. They have 17 world class coasters, Can you honestly expect them to add a new coaster every 2 years?