SHOOT THE RAPIDS at Cedar Point

Wow I can't believe it. This is so amazing! A water ride with one DROP.

:angry:

I see two drops. One in the mid-40s, and one in the upper 80s.

How the heck is that 10 million? It looks like a lame water ride, with a dumb name. I wanted a roller coaster and I got a dumb log flume. All this hype for THAT? If I want a family park I can't go to Holiday World. This sucks. Someone alert Tony on pointbuzz that CP is officially losing it's mind. Wow, wow, wow. What complete and utter crap such a nice park would give us after building tension over a year.

$10 million because of all of the concrete work that will be done, two lifts, the boats would be more expensive then the trains (maybe?), all of the rock themeing (which is VERY expensive), etc.

Also, they have been hyping this for a year? I thought it started a few months ago...

How the heck is that 10 million? It looks like a lame water ride, with a dumb name. I wanted a roller coaster and I got a dumb log flume. All this hype for THAT? If I want a family park I can't go to Holiday World. This sucks. Someone alert Tony on pointbuzz that CP is officially losing it's mind. Wow, wow, wow. What complete and utter crap such a nice park would give us after building tension over a year.

$10 million because of all of the concrete work that will be done, two lifts, the boats would be more expensive then the trains (maybe?), all of the rock themeing (which is VERY expensive), etc.

That is absolute rubbish, there is no way all of that could be worth 10M dollars and you know it too.

Well, why are you guys complaining? At least they are getting something next year and not just nothing. Somethings better then nothing. I cant wait to go to CP next year!!

Actually, I would've preferred nothing. This is a waste of CF's money that could've gone to a great roller coaster. There is enough space even for a small roller coaster in the area, but it's wasted. And Whyte Lightening? What was the point of that.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you guys are looking at, but I see two drops.

Does the last one count? It's a couple over two feet.

Did you actually READ the fact sheet, or just make-up crap?

First drop is 85'. Second is 49'.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/ride..._the_rapids.cfm

Uh, I didn't make up crap, I made an exaggeration because today 50 feet is not tall at all. :blink: Wake up, I could've told you that before. Your post has been reported.

Oh please. :rolleyes: I never said anything to offput YOU, whoever you are. but all that does NOT add up, the things FOF mentioned. MYOB.

What doesn't add up?

When you quoted the total cost for the ride and the land development for the ride, what did you come up with.

While I don't see where the $10.5 million is being spent, I also have only looked at a POV video.

• Like 1

Oh please. :rolleyes: I never said anything to offput YOU, whoever you are. but all that does NOT add up, the things FOF mentioned. MYOB.

What doesn't add up?

When you quoted the total cost for the ride and the land development for the ride, what did you come up with.

While I don't see where the $10.5 million is being spent, I also have only looked at a POV video.

I don't understand. What? Rocks with fancy trains isn't 10M dollars. Fact. Conversation DONE.

That is absolute rubbish, there is no way all of that could be worth 10M dollars and you know it too.

I fully believe the ride cost $10 million. You would be amazed at the cost a water ride would cost. The entire bottom is concrete, which is VERY thick. Inside the concrete is steel. Both concrete and steel is VERY expensive, and there will be a lot of both used for this ride. Then, you count in all of the fake rock and other themeing, that gets expensive.

Well, why are you guys complaining? At least they are getting something next year and not just nothing. Somethings better then nothing. I cant wait to go to CP next year!!

Actually, I would've preferred nothing. This is a waste of CF's money that could've gone to a great roller coaster. There is enough space even for a small roller coaster in the area, but it's wasted. And Whyte Lightening? What was the point of that.

That is just being an ungrateful little bi... brat. Not everything has to be a roller coaster for it to be fun. Also, I would think that CP will now get a roller coaster in 2011 to go ahead of MM in roller coasters. That is two years in a row of new rides. CP saw this as a time to spend less money, but still have thrill and maybe a larger ROI because it may draw more families with a family ride.

I'm not sure what you guys are looking at, but I see two drops.

Does the last one count? It's a couple over two feet.

First Drop Height85 feetRide Length2,100 feetSecond Drop Height49 feetWater Volume728,000 gallons of chlorinated, filtered water

I see two large drops (for a water ride).

Finally, I can't believe the boats would only cost that much. I was thinking in the range $250,000 to around $400,000... each!

• Like 1

Man. You have a thing of liking to report people's posts if they disagree with you. I didn't see anything he wrote that should get him reported.

Also, 85 feet is large for a water ride (I don't believe KI has one that tall), and 49 feet is a decent size drop.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. I figured by the time I got my original post edited, there would've been like five more, so it would've been looked over.

And, yes, it is possible to not be impressed with something, but still thinks it will be fun or looks great. ;)

• Like 1

I don't understand. What? Rocks with fancy trains isn't 10M dollars. Fact. Conversation DONE.

You are funny kid.

How do you know what trains, theming, land development, planning, engineering, materials, and actual construction costs?

This isn't like your Tinker-Toys, but an actual ride.

• Like 1

Man. You have a thing of liking to report people's posts if they disagree with you. I didn't see anything he wrote that should get him reported.

Also, 85 feet is large for a water ride (I don't believe KI has one that tall), and 49 feet is a decent size drop.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. I figured by the time I got my original post edited, there would've been like five more, so it would've been looked over.

And, yes, it is possible to not be impressed with something, but still thinks it will be fun or looks great. ;)

You're should too, starting to call me a *****. I am not afraid to say it like you, and I'm NOT a brat. But I'm considered an evil person on this forum and you're an angel. Whopee.

Done with this forum, haters rejoice.

You are funny kid.

How do you know what trains, theming, land development, planning, engineering, materials, and actual construction costs?

Please hush, because you have no idea either.

Read the post below, because you can now rejoice. Thanks to you and FOF, my day is ruined.

Not really sure what he wants to report, exept for that fact that he has no clue what he is talking about.

But then again, that doesn't have to be reported, it is rather obvious.

• Like 1

Of course one year after I visit the point they would bring in a ride like this. Guess I'll have to go back up there and hit this up as well, seems like a really interesting concept but I have a strange feeling that it is going to be like Skyhawk, give it a year or two and you can have near walk on rides due to it's decrease in popularity. Overall though the ride looks great, looks like a must ride.

• Like 1

Not really sure what he wants to report, exept for that fact that he has no clue what he is talking about.

But then again, that doesn't have to be reported, it is rather obvious.

A couple typo's but I wouldn't worry, you'll learn when you're out of Pre-K.

You're should too, starting to call me a *****. I am not afraid to say it like you, and I'm NOT a brat. But I'm considered an evil person on this forum and you're an angel. Whopee.

Done with this forum, haters rejoice.

I didn't call you a bad name. I put that there for humor. I am not afraid to say it, but I try not to. It isn't nice and is very rude. Also, there are kids who read this forum (you may be one; if so, you shouldn't be using that kind of language). I didn't call you a brat. I said that is being an ungrateful brat. You should be happy that they are getting a new ride. It still helps to better the park.

I don't look at you as being evil. I was just pointing out possibilities and trying to support CP. And, I'm faaaaaaarrrrr from being an angel.

You are funny kid.

Please hush, because you have no idea either.

Read the post below, because you can now rejoice. Thanks to you and FOF, my day is ruined.

I did not mean to ruin you day. That was not my intention. I will not be doing any rejoicing.