Confirmed Snoopy Coming to Kings Island...

RailRider

I dunno? Some kids are scared of them! I've seen kids scared of mickey mouse!But what I do know is MOST kids adore snoopy what kid doesn't love a big loveable dog? and yeah Sally corp can do just about any thing and I HOPE they turn the haunted castle into something adults and kids can have fun with themed to Snoopy....yeah I like the Scooby-Doo Ghostblasters theme WAAAAAAAAAAAY better of course you all knew that!

FYI-The Six Flags Scooby-Doo Dark Rides PWN Paramount Parks ones.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now quite honestly, do you SERIOUSLY think that kids and families will say to themselves over the summer,

"Well, I'd LIKE to go to Kings Island, but they don't have Spongebob anymore, instead they have Snoopy....forget all of the great rides and shows and things to do there, the lack of Nick doesn't make it worth it."

Seriously, kids don't care!!!

I am not sure if this was directed at me...but it appears so, so I will answer your question WITH a question.

Do YOU seriously think that it doesn't...and if so, could you explain why theme parks for DECADES have been going to the trouble and expense of licensing these characters if it doesn't? Obviously it must make a difference.

(My family is already planning 1 EXTRA trip to the park this year JUST to see Scooby & Spongebob before they go...and we are in Illinois.)

I will back up standbyme saying and stating this ... My Family and I only visited Kings Island the past three years for Scooby-Doo and Spongebob yeah it's true my ''kids'' always looked forward to seeing and being greeted by Spongebob and Scooby-Doo..it's sad scooby-doo is gone now my oldest niece (whom is 12) is upset over it more so than spongebob leaving.

Some parents just take there kids for the characters you may not want to take truth to it but it's true!

I will back up standbyme saying and stating this ... My Family and I only visited Kings Island the past three years for Scooby-Doo and Spongebob yeah it's true my ''kids'' always looked forward to seeing and being greeted by Spongebob and Scooby-Doo..it's sad scooby-doo is gone now my oldest niece (whom is 12) is upset over it more so than spongebob leaving.

Some parents just take there kids for the characters you may not want to take truth to it but it's true!

well......mixed feeling there.....i mean if i asked my kids..."kids do you want to go to Kings Island today? but they dont have sponge bob anymore" my kids will still yeas yes.....it sounds like a few parents here maybe pushing their own opinons on the kids. let the kids have fun. I would love to find a kid that LOVES Nick and take them to the park next year, to see if they sit on the sidelines pouting not haveing fun.

I agree, kids don't care, most of them anyway, sometimes I think parents think about it more than the kids, they think oh my kid likes this place because he watches (insert cartoon here) but most kids just wanna ride, run around eat junk food and have fun, whoever it is, however it does make a difference as far as selling merchandise.

I'm wondering where the folk are that had said that the park would never discard Nick?

Maybe they all had a suicide pact if they were wrong...which WOULD explain their silence.

I'm certain that the new Peanuts area will be as popular as HB was and as popular as Nick was.

Hmmmm...I wonder if we will be hearing from YOU in the future when this (in my opinion) turns out to not be quite accurate?! :)

You may be right. I remember just last year that many were saying that nothing is forever and that it was believed Nick would not be around much longer. The fire that reined down was like as if you had spit on someone's mother.

Oh You Know You'll Hear From Me. WooferBear is like a bad penny that keeps turning up. <G>

I would place money on the fact that kids are going to love the Peanuts gang every bit as much as any feature of the past.

I agree, kids don't care, most of them anyway, sometimes I think parents think about it more than the kids, they think oh my kid likes this place because he watches (insert cartoon here) but most kids just wanna ride, run around eat junk food and have fun, whoever it is, however it does make a difference as far as selling merchandise.

And that is the simple dirty fact. The real marketing needs to be toward the parent. Parents make the decisions (or at least the good ones do) for their younger ones. Kids are going to be happy to go and ride the rides no matter who they are themed after.

well......mixed feeling there.....i mean if i asked my kids..."kids do you want to go to Kings Island today? but they dont have sponge bob anymore" my kids will still yeas yes.....it sounds like a few parents here maybe pushing their own opinons on the kids. let the kids have fun. I would love to find a kid that LOVES Nick and take them to the park next year, to see if they sit on the sidelines pouting not having fun.

If anyone sees this at any given time, I do hope they'll post their story.

The fire that reined down was like as if you had spit on someone's mother.

GREAT line! It made me smile for the first time today. :)

(And not that you care, but I would just like to mention that I resigned myself long ago that this WAS Nick's last year...it was just the recent double whammy of losing Scooby and finding out that The Peanuts were the replacement that has depressed/angered me.)

^^Do you mean:

Do YOU seriously think that it doesn't...and if so, could you explain why theme parks for DECADES have been going to the trouble and expense of licensing these characters if it doesn't?

Yes, and while I don't know everything about parks and why they do things (And neither do you, or nearly anyone else on this board), I would guess that it is because they believe a kids area themed to something, not just a generic kidzville, would be much more welcoming or customer friendly. Whether that's true or not, it's anyone's guess. Kids are quite happy with the kids area at Holiday World from what I hear, but a kids area themed to a show might help with satisfaction. And again, what show it is doesn't seem to make a difference, to most, at least.

Jackson, who wants to get out of this war....

It's too bad they couldn't get the license back for the classic Hanna Barbera characters and revamp that area to look similar to what it did back when the park opened in 1972. With Boomerang showing a lot of the classic Hanna Barbera cartoons I think kids get a lot of exposure to the classic characters, including Scooby Doo. They may not be as popular as Sponge Bob with a lot of kids today but considering the wide range of characters there would be a lot of opportunities for rides and merchandise. I'm sure the Peanuts theme will do well but I just think it's pretty limited as to what you can do with it.

Well, Hanna Barbera brings the same problem. Kids don't watch them as much anymore. Yes, they're still on some channels, but ot widespread like Songebob, Dora, etc on Nickelodeon. Also, Nick was a basic television channel. Boomerang is not. A lot of families cannot afford the extra programming, therefore those children cannot watch them. I rarely see the Flinstones, the Jetson, and whatever other characters are Hanna Barbera (I can barely remember KI having HB). Maybe I just don't look at the right channels, but I doubt little kids do more channel surfing than I do.

Did you expect something OTHER then Peanuts as a replacement?!

:blink:

Sometimes, it is just the finality of seeing it in black and white that makes it really hit home. The rumors have been going around for a while, and now they aren't a rumor. Some people's fear for Nick has been realized with that one announcement. It is sad that KI is ditching Scooby at the same time.

You'll see the same type of thing when the fate for SOB is finally officially announced.

That's a good point, Beast Rider. I can understand how one could really get upset once they realize it's final, not just a rumor. I felt the same way when they had the announcement for Big Bad Wolf's removal, I never got to ride it and I felt extremely mad. I learned to live with it though, and adapt to the fact that I won't be able to ride it. I'm sure Nick lovers will be able to do the same, as will Son of Beast lovers.

I would guess that it is because they believe a kids area themed to something, not just a generic kidzville, would be much more welcoming or customer friendly. Whether that's true or not, it's anyone's guess.

And I believe that in our capitalist society that they have the financial numbers to back it up...otherwise they wouldn't spend the money.

Now to answer YOUR question:

To say I was EXPECTING something other than The Peanuts may be pushing it…but I will admit that I still had hopes that it would be SOMETHING other than them…even a “generic” theme would have been better in my opinion.

AND, if you are wondering how I could have been so naïve / optimistic I blame The Interpreter! He has been hinting that The Peanuts license may not cost “peanuts” and so it may not have been a sure thing…and I CHOSE to hope that the license was too expensive…at least it kept me happy a little longer!

I have never considered this a "war"...I am having a good time debating this subject...I think 95% of everyone's comments have been very mature...I certainly hope I am not offending anyone, I just feel strongly about this subject. I swear, everytime I post about it I think "Well, there's no more to say"...then just like in The Godfather someone says something "That drags me back in again"!

I do not think anyone will "proove" their side of this debate until a few years down the road when some financial numbers slip out.

I would guess that it is because they believe a kids area themed to something, not just a generic kidzville, would be much more welcoming or customer friendly. Whether that's true or not, it's anyone's guess.

And I believe that in our capitalist society that they have the financial numbers to back it up...otherwise they wouldn't spend the money.

Now to answer YOUR question:

To say I was EXPECTING something other than The Peanuts may be pushing it…but I will admit that I still had hopes that it would be SOMETHING other than them…even a “generic” theme would have been better in my opinion.

AND, if you are wondering how I could have been so naïve / optimistic I blame The Interpreter! He has been hinting that The Peanuts license may not cost “peanuts” and so it may not have been a sure thing…and I CHOSE to hope that the license was too expensive…at least it kept me happy a little longer!

I have never considered this a "war"...I am having a good time debating this subject...I think 95% of everyone's comments have been very mature...I certainly hope I am not offending anyone, I just feel strongly about this subject. I swear, everytime I post about it I think "Well, there's no more to say"...then just like in The Godfather someone says something "That drags me back in again"!

I do not think anyone will "proove" their side of this debate until a few years down the road when some financial numbers slip out.

Ah ok. It makes much more sense to "Hope" for not Peanuts, then to expect it, considering there's a Peanuts area at every other Cedar Fair park! :lol:

While I disagree with the opinion that even a generic kids area would be better, you're entitled to your opinion and that's fine by me. Personally, the idea of that cute little beagle flooding my home park makes me want to go and buy 4 season passes, but if you insist...

And, knowing Cedar Fair, they would most likely either post great numbers of how Snoopy is wildly popular, or not post any at all. I don't expect to much of a change, but I've been wrong before.

^^So you're saying people will be surprised to hear that SOB will in fact reopen sometime next year or in 2011?

:lol:

Ok, that seriously made me Laugh out loud.

^^Thank you, thank you! *takes a bow* I really do hope CF works on SOB this offseason so it can open later next year or in 2011. I know it has alreay cost a lot, but I would really like to SOB reopen. It is such a unique ride and it may never be challenged again (as in height and speed, not safety record :lol:). I really don't have an opinion as to whethere or not it will reopen, but I do hope it will.

^

I don't really see them tearing it down. Like you said, it is unique. More what I see is them doing is re-profiling the rosebowl and trimming it all to pieces. It'll be a shell of its former self if it does re-open. I do hope that it opens.

I hope they do an outstanding job on the theming for the former Nick Universe. The theme matters much more to kids than it does to adults in my opinion. I could be wrong, but I kind of see them doing it halfway.

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER
^What kind of camera would you use?

I can imagine the old dark ride being bulldozed to the ground and hauled off in heaps of dusty, twisted, multi-colored scrap, razed like a condemned warehouse and replaced with some lush green space, or perhaps a wee flat or two.

That Building is used for other things as well, its a huge building and the ride does not take up the entire area. they use it for storage. On my last KI trip i was walking by the rear of the building and seen a large garage door open, so i nearly broke my neck trying to see what was in there lol.looked like shelving, trash cans and such. anyone else se the same thing?

They won't tear it down, its used for many things such as housing for sweeps, and for carnEvil and they use in the winter to store things too, and for SDATHC!!

Anyone think the main reason Cedar Fair switched to Peanuts was because Nick has been selling the rights to anybody willing to pay for it? Mall of America and the former Six Flags New Orleans are just two examples of how Nick will give the characters to anybody. Maybe CF thought it would be best to get rid of a brand that was no longer exclusive and go with something that was unique and different.

Anyone think the main reason Cedar Fair switched to Peanuts was because Nick has been selling the rights to anybody willing to pay for it? Mall of America and the former Six Flags New Orleans are just two examples of how Nick will give the characters to anybody. Maybe CF thought it would be best to get rid of a brand that was no longer exclusive and go with something that was unique and different.

there has been alot of speculation about why....most logical reason we have disscussed would be money. however not real sure....one thing to concider.....i am not sure how many of the cp park had snoopy but if it was a high number, then it was prolly just to keep all the parks uniform. i am sure adding the rest of the parks to the peanuts licence contract got them better pricing. it would be like 20 parks serving all Coke prodcuts and the 2 serving Pepsi products. i am sure Coke would love to get those 2 parks. kinda see where i am going with this?

there has been alot of speculation about why....most logical reason we have disscussed would be money. however not real sure....one thing to concider.....i am not sure how many of the cp park had snoopy but if it was a high number, then it was prolly just to keep all the parks uniform. i am sure adding the rest of the parks to the peanuts licence contract got them better pricing. it would be like 20 parks serving all Coke prodcuts and the 2 serving Pepsi products. i am sure Coke would love to get those 2 parks. kinda see where i am going with this?

No, Pepsi is from the Devil! Why would a park want to sell it and where are you going with this?

<G>

No, Pepsi is from the Devil! Why would a park want to sell it and where are you going with this?

<G>

seems to me that cp is just trying to save money and make all the parks uniform. but thats just my thought on the subject.