Confirmed Snoopy Coming to Kings Island...

RailRider

I will back up standbyme saying and stating this ... My Family and I only visited Kings Island the past three years for Scooby-Doo and Spongebob yeah it's true my ''kids'' always looked forward to seeing and being greeted by Spongebob and Scooby-Doo..it's sad scooby-doo is gone now my oldest niece (whom is 12) is upset over it more so than spongebob leaving.

Some parents just take there kids for the characters you may not want to take truth to it but it's true!

well......mixed feeling there.....i mean if i asked my kids..."kids do you want to go to Kings Island today? but they dont have sponge bob anymore" my kids will still yeas yes.....it sounds like a few parents here maybe pushing their own opinons on the kids. let the kids have fun. I would love to find a kid that LOVES Nick and take them to the park next year, to see if they sit on the sidelines pouting not haveing fun.

I do.I always ask them if they want to go to ''Kings Island'' and they always ask will Scooby-Doo and Spongebob be there? I've never pushed my opinion on my kids ...why would you? it's there decision if they want to go or not.Okay now that I have that out of the way I'll will say this or write it at least...I love Snoopy and I'm looking forward to it I grew up with Snoopy and while my youngest ''kids'' may not be to happy about it I'm sure they will change their minds come April 2010..besides I can always take them to Six Flags for Hanna-Barbera meet and greets..Scooby-Doo,Fred Flintstone,Yogi Bear...yeah it's all good.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone think the main reason Cedar Fair switched to Peanuts was because Nick has been selling the rights to anybody willing to pay for it? Mall of America and the former Six Flags New Orleans are just two examples of how Nick will give the characters to anybody. Maybe CF thought it would be best to get rid of a brand that was no longer exclusive and go with something that was unique and different.

Give? VIACOM is not known for giving anything for a business purpose to make money to anybody. I can assure you that both Mall of America's amusement park and the new operator at the former Six Flags paid a handsome sum for the rights.

...It's all about economics: Since paramount [sic] sold the park, Paramount names have been gradually disappearing and now, as Dora likes to say, the Nick characters will be saying "vamanos."

Will young kids still like the park? Most probably will. Remember 15 years ago, the kids zone was Hannah Barbara Land and no complained that Fred Flintstone was outdated.

The rides will be roughly the same, just with new names, just like Top Gun, the Italian Job, and the outer limits [sic] in the main park have been renamed since the Paramount sale. The lines on those lines are just as long as before.

http://www.newsnet5.com/entertainment/20750219/detail.html

...It's all about economics: Since paramount [sic] sold the park, Paramount names have been gradually disappearing and now, as Dora likes to say, the Nick characters will be saying "vamanos."

Will young kids still like the park? Most probably will. Remember 15 years ago, the kids zone was Hannah Barbara Land and no complained that Fred Flintstone was outdated.

The rides will be roughly the same, just with new names, just like Top Gun, the Italian Job, and the outer limits [sic] in the main park have been renamed since the Paramount sale. The lines on those lines are just as long as before.

http://www.newsnet5.com/entertainment/20750219/detail.html

well at least when the hannah barbara land was in the park the cartoons were being regularly played on a station..... not starting a fight just saying

Someone really needs to proofread their articles. "The lines on those lines"? "the kids zone was Hannah Barbara Land and no complained"?

Ugh.

Sadly SmurfRide, it was written by a television station, and most write stories to either be read or get the notes on paper. Depending on the news organization, some times they just post the scripts that were used on tv. (I use to work on tv so I have seen things like this)

Zoinks! So from what I'm getting here is Cedar Fair doesn't care about the guests it's a financial decision a decision based on what is best for corporate finances and protecting the shareholder *Ugh* .It's always about the money! And after reading and rereading that it gave me a slight headach.Oh well I love Snoopy and I hope Cedar Fair does Planet Snoopy at Kings Island right..still I'm a little ticked off about Scooby-Doo leaving a Kings Island a staple is now gone.

Interperter am I right? it's a financial decision right? :unsure:

Zoinks! So from what I'm getting here is Cedar Fair doesn't care about the guests it's a financial decision a decision based on what is best for corporate finances and protecting the shareholder *Ugh* .It's always about the money! And after reading and rereading that it gave me a slight headach.Oh well I love Snoopy and I hope Cedar Fair does Planet Snoopy at Kings Island right..still I'm a little ticked off about Scooby-Doo leaving a Kings Island a staple is now gone.

Yeah, you're right.

A corporation that is interested in generating revenue by having guests visit does not care about the guests. :unsure:

Don't be surprised.

Corporations are in the business to make money, and thus, investors are happy. If it wasn't for the investors, then there is no corporation.

You could take the words "Cedar Fair" out of your quote and pretty much put in any other corporation name, and it would still be an accurate quote.

It is always about the money. People can claim that it's not, but it always is.

Thanks,Yeah I get it and understand ... it's rather sad when a company doesn't care about the guests that feed them the money they need to survive.

With that being said ... What do you all think SDATHC will be transformed into? Do you think the castle facade will remain in tact?

Thanks,Yeah I get it and understand ... it's rather sad when a company doesn't care about the guests that feed them the money they need to survive.

With that being said ... What do you all think SDATHC will be transformed into? Do you think the castle facade will remain in tact?

It is sad that a company doesn't care about how guests feel.

But then again, if the guests stopped going/ using said company, it would force a change.

Take Wal-Mart for example. There are many people that completely despise Wal-Mart and will openly, and loudly, criticize the company for the decisions on where Wal-Mart purchases their reduced-cost products. But on the other hand, when I need something, there is Wal-Mart right around the corner open 24/7.

Now does where the product is made bother me enough to outweigh the convenience of when/ where I can get it?

Case in hand, if they cared about guests .......should the food be so high at cost? No its high to make up for other areas they may not make the money......money , money ,money.

@t Raptor,I doubt it. Cedar Fair is tied with Snoopy and the Peanuts gang we all knew ''Snoopy and Crew were going to come sooner or later. Honestly I love Snoopy but I didn't know Cedar Fair would take Scooby-Doo away too it's just sad and not right...my "kids' would rather see Scooby-Doo than Snoopy.

I never buy food in Kings Island at least I haven't since Cedar Fair has owned the park I always go to Burger King or somewhere else I don't like paying that much for food KI's prices are awful.I do buy stuff for the kids they always gotta have that Scooby-Doo shirt or plush,Scooby-Doo toy and/or a Spongebob plush with a spongebob cup/toy.

I get what you're saying and mostly agree, but I'm just saying that maybe more people like the idea than you might think, I know everyone I've told is thrilled, but that's just a small sample, I think most people do like to see a change once in awhile though, I think people are happier to see Nick go, than Scooby, I love seeing Nick go and Snoopy come, I will miss Scooby though, if for no other reason, it's one of the few things around that have been there from the beginning, It's kind of a catch 22 for me, but I am happy about Snoopy

It will be a truly sad day when (if) Scooby leaves the park. It will be a dis-service to Scooby as he has been there from the beginning of the Kings Island dynasty. Getting rid of Scooby will be taking away the last identifiable reason for Kings Islands existance. Remember, the whole purpose of the park was to incorporate the Hanna-Barbarra acquired characters.

Yes, it will be a sad, sad day for us all. :(

Snoopy and the Peanuts gang though I am very pleased to see coming. :)

It will be hard next spring when I take the kids and scooby-doo won't be there my kids love scooby-doo that's all they watch on TV and DVD besides Spongebob Squarepants,ICarly but I'm very happy to see Snoopy come and am looking forward to seeing what Planet Snoopy Kings Island will look like.

It will be hard next spring when I take the kids and scooby-doo won't be there my kids love scooby-doo that's all they watch on TV and DVD besides Spongebob Squarepants,ICarly but I'm very happy to see Snoopy come and am looking forward to seeing what Planet Snoopy Kings Island will look like.

i think there will be alot of parents in your shoes. :) , it will also be exciting to make that right hand turn into the new Planet Snoopy.

Now quite honestly, do you SERIOUSLY think that kids and families will say to themselves over the summer,

"Well, I'd LIKE to go to Kings Island, but they don't have Spongebob anymore, instead they have Snoopy....forget all of the great rides and shows and things to do there, the lack of Nick doesn't make it worth it."

Seriously, kids don't care!!! I've seen tons of happy children and families at Cedar Point enjoying Snoopy. The fact that the rides aren't themed to an annoying yellow Sponge really doesn't make to much of a difference at all to them.

Honestly, your opinion of Snoopy weighed a lot into that post. It's obvious you hate Nickoldeon because you called it's biggest television show ever on the network, "an annoying yellow sponge". I personally love Peanuts, it's a classic, but here's what I think many family's could say:

"We were going to Kings Island, but the main area my child likes has been changed, and h/she won't be able to play with the characters h/she loves anymore. I think we'll hold off because my child will have more fun with characters h/she watches at home."

Also many families think the rides their child loves will leave with Nick Universe and a whole new Snoopy batch will come in, even though this is incorrect.

Not many of you have kids: I Do. Not being a smart ass, but the truth is kids do not rush home from school these days wanting to watch Snoopy, but they do to watch Fairly Odd Parents and Jimmy Neutron. My 2 cents on your post.

We are not in the 70's anymore, Spongebob SquarePants and Hannah Montana are popular, Snoopy and Scooby aren't with the majority of children.

Now quite honestly, do you SERIOUSLY think that kids and families will say to themselves over the summer,

"Well, I'd LIKE to go to Kings Island, but they don't have Spongebob anymore, instead they have Snoopy....forget all of the great rides and shows and things to do there, the lack of Nick doesn't make it worth it."

Seriously, kids don't care!!! I've seen tons of happy children and families at Cedar Point enjoying Snoopy. The fact that the rides aren't themed to an annoying yellow Sponge really doesn't make to much of a difference at all to them.

Honestly, your opinion of Snoopy weighed a lot into that post. It's obvious you hate Nickoldeon because you called it's biggest television show ever on the network, "an annoying yellow sponge". I personally love Peanuts, it's a classic, but here's what I think many family's could say:

"We were going to Kings Island, but the main area my child likes has been changed, and h/she won't be able to play with the characters h/she loves anymore. I think we'll hold off because my child will have more fun with characters h/she watches at home."

Also many families think the rides their child loves will leave with Nick Universe and a whole new Snoopy batch will come in, even though this is incorrect.

Not many of you have kids: I Do. Not being a smart ass, but the truth is kids do not rush home from school these days wanting to watch Snoopy, but they do to watch Fairly Odd Parents and Jimmy Neutron. My 2 cents on your post.

We are not in the 70's anymore, Spongebob SquarePants and Hannah Montana are popular, Snoopy and Scooby aren't with the majority of children.

I look forward to reading your retraction posts next year after opening day. <G>

I look forward to reading your retraction posts next year after opening day. <G>

If that's what gets you excited, then so be it. LOL.

Will there will be children next year at KI having fun in Planet Snoopy? Of course! Tons of them! But will you see as many kids laughing and pointing at rides saying "LOOK! IT'S SALLY FROM PEANUTS!"?, Rather than "LOOK! It's Spongebob!" Will you see kids getting as excited getting their picture taking with characters? Didn't think so.

Do you think the majority of kids in the country know Spongebob Squarepants better, or Snoopy better? Not in the 90's, TODAY. Again, didn't think so. Point proven. Looks like Woofie wants to start a fight. :rolleyes:

If that's what gets you excited, then so be it. LOL.

Will there will be children next year at KI having fun in Planet Snoopy? Of course! Tons of them! But will you see as many kids laughing and pointing at rides saying "LOOK! IT'S SALLY FROM PEANUTS!"?, Rather than "LOOK! It's Spongebob!" Will you see kids getting as excited getting their picture taking with characters? Didn't think so.

Do you think the majority of kids in the country know Spongebob Squarepants better, or Snoopy better? Not in the 90's, TODAY. Again, didn't think so. Point proven. Looks like Woofie wants to start a fight. :rolleyes:

Nah, not starting a fight.

I just believe that you are utterly incorrect on this.

It's fine to be disappointed that NU is leaving. But don't expect that this move is going to effect whether kids of any age enjoy or do not enjoy the park.