King Cobras Greeter Stand gone? Why?

Johnnygolucky08

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER
kingsislandaug12th20091.jpg

I just happen to have a photo from Aug 12th (shocking I know)

Notice the New wooden fence and the removal of the chain link fence. With in the past 3 years alot of chain link fencing in Action Zone has been removed, and looks great.

Strange. Almost as they are trying to hide something? :huh:

Like what..............................

kingsislandaug12th20091.jpg

I just happen to have a photo from Aug 12th (shocking I know)

Notice the New wooden fence and the removal of the chain link fence. With in the past 3 years alot of chain link fencing in Action Zone has been removed, and looks great.

Strange. Almost as they are trying to hide something? :huh:

well....that did cross my mind......looks like they also brought the fence closer to the asphalt.

It should be noted that only in the last years of Paramount Parks did that ugly chainlink start making widespread appearances. Relatively cheap, though not very cheerful or aesthetic.

You know, you're right. Until Paramount there was basically no chain link in the park.

The only places I can think that had it were some water drain off areas that were not very obvious to the public.

A couple things I`d like to comment on here. First, that new wooden fence by the former greeter stand location is likely to block the gravel maintenance road from view of guests when they are standing right where you took that picture Paul. If they have a maintenance truck parked on that road, odds are the new fence will at least block a portion of the truck. That gravel road didn`t always used to be there either. When they needed to bring in a crane to fix Delirium several years back, they added that access road.

Second, a lot of the old fencing (including most of the chain link fence that was prevalent in Action Zone) has either been removed or replaced. Look at all the new fencing that was added this year with the introduction of Diamondback. Additionally, some of the old post and chain "fencing" that can be found around the rear side of the Eiffel Tower (fencing that has been there since the park opened) has even been removed this year. Additionally, where there used to be chain link fence by The Racer and Vortex (to keep people away from the trains), has been replaced with the same black safety fencing that can be found by Firehawk, and around the splashdown for Diamondback. It is admittedly a lot more aesthetically pleasing than just plain chain link fence.

The end result of all these "minor" changes, is a park that has a better overall atmosphere, and doesn`t have "cheap" chain link fencing everywhere.

Guest TombraiderTy

I really hope that nobody is really getting "They're tearing down Son of Beast since they removed an old greeter stand"... That stand was honestly an eyesore, and the park was simply beautifying that area. Besides, any construction vehicles would probably use the back-roads on the old Wild Animal Safari property to reach Son of Beast.

Uh, I think you used the wrong word there. "Reck" means to have care, concern or regard. I think you meant to say "wrecking" which has a different meaning entirely.

And there are plenty of existing access roads in and around Son of Beast. The park has not stated what their plans are with the ride. I`m sure that when the time is right, they will disclose what their intentions for the future of Son of Beast will be. Until then, implying that the ride has a date with wrecking balls would be premature to say the least.

Uh, I think you used the wrong word there. "Reck" means to have care, concern or regard. I think you meant to say "wrecking" which has a different meaning entirely.

And there are plenty of existing access roads in and around Son of Beast. The park has not stated what their plans are with the ride. I`m sure that when the time is right, they will disclose what their intentions for the future of Son of Beast will be. Until then, implying that the ride has a date with wrecking balls would be premature to say the least.

When was it premature that folk speculated on Diamondback and the removal of NU?

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, I didn't know it was still there. Anyone have a pic?

687.jpgsorry this was the best i could find. but you see that guy sitting in the far left corner of the pic? they just removed it this season

2006-kcgreeter.jpg better photo!!! its most recent look before it was taken down

Wow, I didn't realize that was the famous King Cobra greeting line without the picture of the King Cobra. I really liked that ride....

Guest TombraiderTy

^But getting the idea that the park is building a new roller coaster or flat-ride in that spot is just ridicilious... if we were to use that logic for everything, we'd expect to see rides where Action Zone's old sign was, the old Top Gun billboard, former spot for Invertigo's photo-booth, the empty spot that used to be a ladder-climb game... and this is all only in Action Zone.

Wow, I didn't realize that was the famous King Cobra greeting line without the picture of the King Cobra. I really liked that ride....

I didn't realize it was the greeter stand either. I really liked the ride too. It was the coaster that got me to like coasters. I'm planing on going to Kings Dominion next year. One ride I am REALLY looking forward to riding is Shockwave. Memories....