Geauga Lake

^ If you don't care, then why bother commenting on our comments?

I haven't seen a comment that someone here doesn't like you, but if that is the feeling you got because we disagree with what, or how, you say something, you have bigger problems than just us.

When you get older, reality will eventually hit you in the face. There will come a time when you will proclaim your views, and nobody will be around to hear them.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ If you are feeling that "IDGAF" feeling about the comments than why read them? Or even better why respond?

But anyways let's get back to GL. To everyone that has been what was your favorite coaster there?

The Big Dipper.

No contest, I loved that ride, it's an experience that makes you feel you have gone back in time.

I discovered GL late in the game, but I had a pretty goood time when I attended. The park was not too busy 15-20min wait timrs. All the rides were open and running ok. X-flight down for a short time and also Thunderhawk. I agree Geauga Lake was not themed very well and the food was not too good, but I always pack a lunch in the car, then snack a little. Employees were OK but, (no offense) young people sometimes seem to not care about their job or even want to be there. Not all the youth act this way but, it does happen. The park was layed out kinda weird but it wasn't too bad. I had a pretty good time both years I went, especially the cheap admission since I was on a budget. I loved Big Dipper, RWB, and Dominator. I am used to KI so when I attended my expectation were too high. I am by no way bashing anyone by my opinion on the youthful workers or the park I gave GL a 7/10 for my expierence. Not too bad???

Crappy food is a Cedar Fair thing, when Six Flags owned the park, they had Subway, Taco Bell Express, and the local Mr. Hero...For anyone who has never had Mr. Hero you are missing out and need to experience it sometime in your life.

Whenever I was at the park I would leave and go across the street, plenty of places to choose from.

Only went to GL once when it was Six Flags in 2000. While the rides were great ( Batman,ie Dominator, The Villain, Dipper and Wolf Bobs, 2 great woodies with the old buzz bars) I found the park to be very dirty and the food was lousy.

I would like to back up Beast1979 by also saying that some of my best days were also when visiting Geauga Lake. Most other ones were from visiting Cedar Point. Then again I mostly have bad days anyway. :P

The last time I went was in July or August of '07. This was before I'd heard anything about it being closed later that year. While there, pretty much all rides except Raging Wolf Bobs were open. But most of them didn't have long lines, except for a couple coasters and the Hay Baler (yes, you read that right). Even though I had motion sickness and couldn't really ride anything, I still had a blast that day with my friend. Played arcade games and drove the go-karts.

Then a month or two later the rumor surfaced that GL would be closed and all the rides would be sold and that the waterpark would remain. At first it was a rumor, but then it actually happened. I was so mad that Cedar Fair closed the park. And that's pretty much all I'm gonna say 'cause if I keep going the rest of my response would be so long that it'd crash the server.

You think he's the one that craves attention!? Wow...

Ok, on topic now, I vaguely remember visiting Geauga Lake when it was Six Flags. All I know is that I got free tickets every year through my school, because if you read so many hours you got free tickets. I remember I liked Big Dipper, and I liked Villain the first time I rode it but after a year or so I remember it becoming more rough. Overall, the park was enjoyable.

^ You're a newbie. I'll give you some time.

Big Dipper is historic and I know it's not surprising that it's not been bought. But it is one of the greatest woodies of all time. Park looked dirty and uninteresting; but it's sad to see any park close. I miss Old Indiana.

The airtime on Big Dipper was the most insane i have ever experienced, you would be standing on the entire trip back! Villain was good the first three years it was open, but i remember going in 2006 when I worked at CP (got in for free) it was worse than SOB, I couldnt ride anything for a good hour after riding it. They retracked it 2007 and it was pretty enjoyable. I still dont get why they did that if they were going to scrap it a year later.

You obviously don't see the hypocrisy of what you just posted, so I'll just let that speak for itself. You obviously have a personal vendetta against me because I'm not going to ignore your trolling and argument starting and blatant violations of the TOS.

This is so funny. You think what you just said isn't provoking an argument? Are you kidding? Well what is it then? If you are "too mature" for this whole thing, then stop posting and keeping it going. Because that IS provoking an argument, like it or not. It's the truth.

I don't see how I'm being a hypocrite..? At all. Do you even know what that means? :lol:

You really need some hobbies other than getting frustrated at my every word, kid.

^ You're a newbie. I'll give you some time.

Uhh, I've been here longer than you. I just don't post as often, or try to make myself as noticed as you do.

So what, that doesn't matter at all. You may be here longer, but it looks you also just want to start an argument and I'm not giving in. Sorry.

:lol: Wow... Just a few pages earlier YOU started an arguement and the rest of us are just calling you on it

I remember riding Double Loop as a young'un. I will always remember it as being my first "big" coaster.

Aside from that, I liked Villian, it was fast,fast,fast when I rode it. We were in the last car, and it just ripped us all the way through the ride. Other people have said it is rough, but it was right up my alley.

Everything else was closed when I went, so I never got a shot at any others :(

though not as long as some... i've been on here longer than the lot of you.

if you're going to argue... PM each other, get each others phone numbers and talk it out... or IM the argument with each other. text message, whatever.

This is a thread about GL... not about the grievance some comment has caused this person and now this other person is involved. I have a long term interest in GL from years and years ago- so this reading this thread gives some interest to me.... then I have to read 30 posts of how this person offended this person and this person is immature, etc....

The kindergarten class is down the hall.

though not as long as some... i've been on here longer than the lot of you.

if you're going to argue... PM each other, get each others phone numbers and talk it out... or IM the argument with each other. text message, whatever.

This is a thread about GL... not about the grievance some comment has caused this person and now this other person is involved. I have a long term interest in GL from years and years ago- so this reading this thread gives some interest to me.... then I have to read 30 posts of how this person offended this person and this person is immature, etc....

The kindergarten class is down the hall.

Thank you Fudd. BTW love the avatar. I have one myself.

• 2 weeks later...