Phantom Theater!

Phantom Theater

They replaced that with Scooby Doo? That was, by far, THE best amusement-park dark ride I have ever seen. It should have never been replaced...

Yes! Thank you!! I really wish it was not removed. I mean, could they have at least like, I don't know, tweaked it a bit? Made it a bit longer and updated the animatronics? Well, that's all water under the bridge now, unfortunately. Now theirs Scooby, well not for long :)

They replaced that with Scooby Doo? That was, by far, THE best amusement-park dark ride I have ever seen. It should have never been replaced...

Have you been on Phantom Theater? It was amazing!

I LOVE Phantom Theater. It used to be one of my favorite rides (and probably still would be if they hadn't taken it out). It was so much fun, and very detailed. They used some cool visual effects too, like the Pepper Ghost effect.

When they remove Scooby this offseason, they should bring in the same company that did Phantom Theater te first time, and make "Phantom's Revenge: The Dusty Denizens of the Theater are angrier than ever!"lol :lol: I really miss Phantom Theater though.... :(

I LOVE Phantom Theater. It used to be one of my favorite rides (and probably still would be if they hadn't taken it out). It was so much fun, and very detailed. They used some cool visual effects too, like the Pepper Ghost effect.

When they remove Scooby this offseason, they should bring in the same company that did Phantom Theater te first time, and make "Phantom's Revenge: The Dusty Denizens of the Theater are angrier than ever!"lol :lol: I really miss Phantom Theater though.... :(

I'm pretty sure Sally Corp made both Phantom Theater and SDATHC./

I'm thinking they probably will replace all the copyrighted Scooby stuff with ghosts they use in their non Scooby- themed ghost blasters. I hope they change it though, maybe to be less cardboard- oriented...

I'm pretty sure Sally Corp made both Phantom Theater and SDATHC./

I'm thinking they probably will replace all the copyrighted Scooby stuff with ghosts they use in their non Scooby- themed ghost blasters. I hope they change it though, maybe to be less cardboard- oriented...

Actually, no. It was themed by R&R Animatronics and the cars were made by Morgan Manufacturing.

no we should have had 3 dark rides by now at Kings Island The fantastic voyage should still be there, and the outdoor gulliver travels or whatever it was..

but back to dark they should have built phantom in seperate building!!!!

and scooby is a joke compagered to phantom:

fantastic.voyage.jpg

Fantastic Voyage was never at KI.

finalentrance.JPG;)

Enchanted Voyage was.

I don't think Phantom Theater is coming back.Whatever they remake the Scooby ride into it's probably going to be the same thing for all of the (former Paramount Park's soon to be ex) Scooby rides.Hopefully it will be Peanuts themed and not just a generic Ghostblasters re-do.

Haunted Mansion is awesome!It's my favorite dark ride."Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!"It would be great if they could re-do it into something like that.

Haunted Mansion is on a completely different level than Phantom Theater was, but even so, the "edginess" of PT made it a great ride. I would love if Cedar Fair continued with the nostalgia theme they've been going with and make a Phantom Theater sequel. Frankly though, as long as we have a dark ride of some sort, it'll be better than none at all.

One of the reasons Phantom Theater was removed was the frequency and difficulty of the extensive maintenance to keep those old animatronics working.

last year at haunt i took a real close look at those animatronics and looked like they just cut the wires when they removed them from the ride. not entending to use them again...also i would assume all those props and animatronics were hooked up to a main computer (brain) to operate their movements. i am sure all that was removed aswell.

Guest TombraiderTy
I don't think Phantom Theater is coming back.Whatever they remake the Scooby ride into it's probably going to be the same thing for all of the (former Paramount Park's soon to be ex) Scooby rides.Hopefully it will be Peanuts themed and not just a generic Ghostblasters re-do.

I wouldn't mind a generic haunted house- Sally could easily convert Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle to a generic "Ghost Blasters" attraction, as found near Niagara Falls in Canada:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

First of all, in that video you posted Ty, notice how similar many of those scenes appear to be to Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle. I don`t think it would be hard to just remove the Scooby references and keep the same basic theme to the ride.

Secondly, the original design for Phantom Theater was done by R&R Creative (not R&R Animatronics as someone mentioned earlier). While Phantom Theater was no Haunted Mansion at Disney, it was a truly unique dark ride experience at a seasonal amusement park. I know that I`m sad it is no longer around. At least some of the characters/props have been making reappearances at Halloween Haunt.

Keep in mind that when the ride was installed for the 1992 season, we were only at the cusp of the computer boom. A lot of the controls for the animatronics were being run with outdated systems. If the same ride were installed today, I`m sure the control systems would be greatly simplified, reducing maintenance.

Guest TombraiderTy

^While riding Ghost Blasters, I found it funny how many things were similar to Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle- and how easy it'd be to convert our attraction to one with a generic theme.

R&R Designs also did the effects on Adventure Express, like the stone warriors in the final temple. I talked to the president of R&R Designs a few months ago through email, and learned his feelings on Phantom Theater's removal:

...seeing them ripping out the Phantom Theater was definitely a shock, I hope they are taking better care of the Adventure Express... those characters [Phantom Theater animatronics] were really made to be seen in the dark under proper show lighting, it's a shame to see them thrown outside in a pile.

Guest TombraiderTy

I enjoyed riding Phantom Theater, but I personally enjoy Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle a bit more. Sure, the sets aren't as nice or detailed, but the ride is more fun- it's always a challenge and a competition. It's also fun to beat your high-score, compared to just watching characters do the same things, again and again. I still love seeing the Phantom Theater characters every Halloween, even if they are just "thrown outside in a pile".

Phantom Theater was awesome back in 1992 when it first opened and I enjoyed it but I do like and enjoy Scooby-Doo and The Haunted Castle way more it's more fun I can see Sally coming in and rethemeing it to Snoopy/Peanuts Sally can do just about anything..

Here are the Scooby-Doo Dark Rides I really :wub:

Scooby-Doo GhostBlasters:Mystery of Ghastly Manor

Scooby-Doo Ghostblasters

The Six Flags St.Louis Scooby-Doo Dark Ride is so unique and fun..a lotta classic scooby-doo villains in this one that weren't in the Paramount parks ones like Gator Ghoul,Chinese Zombie,The Ghost Clown and Charlie the Funland Robot it's my favorite one besides Kings Island's and KD's...

Scooby-Doo Ghostblasters:Mystery of Scary Swamp

Scooby-Doo:Ghostblasters The Mystery of Scary Swamp