World's Best Kids' Area to Get a Whole New Look in 2010!

I will have to be honest. right when I saw this topic my exact thoughts were "oh boy here we go with snoopy, I knew it would be too soon when Cedar Fair brought Planet Snoopy to KI" to be honest, I agree with a few things, What will they do with dark ride (SDaHC) and a few others like avatar, runaway reptar,spongebob's bikini bottom bash and a few others....they are really going to have to think on how they can remodel some of these rides...ok, now that I think about it, there are only a few they would have to think about I guess. even though I love the peanuts gang, I do have to agree, most of the kids of theese days have no clue who they are, I mean I have three cousins at the age of 13,11, and 8 and none of them know who the peanuts gang is...I am too a little worried about how they are going to pull this off, but maybe we are all just jumping to conclusions and imediately thinking it will be a flop. I'm pretty sure they thought long and hard about this before they made a final decision to bring in the peanuts gang. so I guess we will just have to see what changes come to the kiddie area and how changes are made...just like with Diamondback, all we really can do is just sit back and watch what happens and what comes to life for next year...I mean who knows, they could have really awesome ideas that we are just not thinking about right now, even though I am a little skeptic about the transition, at the same time I'm kinda excited about it to see what will be done and how they will change the entire area...

Well Nick U is outdated by a few years at this point. The kids who grew up on rugrats, wild thornberries, little bill, etc. Are just old enough not to care for these shows any more and are to young to get very nostalgic about them. On the other hand the new kids coming in have no idea who alot of these characters are. Peanuts are more timeless than Nick characters at this point, but the hannah barbera characters were more timeless than peanuts.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peanuts are more timeless than Nick characters at this point, but the hannah barbera characters were more timeless than peanuts.

I don't know about that. I bet kids these days are more familiar with Snoopy than George Jetson, or Yogi Bear. Not Scooby and probably not the Flintstones though.

I will have to be honest. right when I saw this topic my exact thoughts were "oh boy here we go with snoopy, I knew it would be too soon when Cedar Fair brought Planet Snoopy to KI" to be honest, I agree with a few things, What will they do with dark ride (SDaHC) and a few others like avatar, runaway reptar,spongebob's bikini bottom bash and a few others....they are really going to have to think on how they can remodel some of these rides...ok, now that I think about it, there are only a few they would have to think about I guess. even though I love the peanuts gang, I do have to agree, most of the kids of theese days have no clue who they are, I mean I have three cousins at the age of 13,11, and 8 and none of them know who the peanuts gang is...I am too a little worried about how they are going to pull this off, but maybe we are all just jumping to conclusions and imediately thinking it will be a flop. I'm pretty sure they thought long and hard about this before they made a final decision to bring in the peanuts gang. so I guess we will just have to see what changes come to the kiddie area and how changes are made...just like with Diamondback, all we really can do is just sit back and watch what happens and what comes to life for next year...I mean who knows, they could have really awesome ideas that we are just not thinking about right now, even though I am a little skeptic about the transition, at the same time I'm kinda excited about it to see what will be done and how they will change the entire area...

Well Nick U is outdated by a few years at this point. The kids who grew up on rugrats, wild thornberries, little bill, etc. Are just old enough not to care for these shows any more and are to young to get very nostalgic about them. On the other hand the new kids coming in have no idea who alot of these characters are. Peanuts are more timeless than Nick characters at this point, but the hannah barbera characters were more timeless than peanuts.

That was about my time frame. Honestly, I have no love for the characters anymore. My little cousins (about 5 and 6) really don't know any of the character's except Dorah and Diego. Which are probably one of the only cartoons that still play on Nick.

Peanuts are more timeless than Nick characters at this point, but the hannah barbera characters were more timeless than peanuts.

I don't know about that. I bet kids these days are more familiar with Snoopy than George Jetson, or Yogi Bear. Not Scooby and probably not the Flintstones though.

Did you just say kids aren't familiar with Scooby-Doo? :huh: ... Nickelodeon still shows Rugrats re-runs on friday,saturday,sunday mornings.I dunno I'm kinda bummer about Spongebob leaving and I'm angry at the removel of scooby-doo my ''kids''adore scooby-doo it's gonna be hard telling them scooby-doo won't be at the park come spring 2010. I hope Planet Snoopy is done right...and I've been wondering what will take the place of my beloved SDaTHC? I hope it's a Snoopy dark ride..but my Cedar Point friends tell me Cedar Fair is cheap.

Did you just say kids aren't familiar with Scooby-Doo? :huh: ... Nickelodeon still shows Rugrats re-runs on friday,saturday,sunday mornings.I dunno I'm kinda bummer about Spongebob leaving and I'm angry at the removel of scooby-doo my ''kids''adore scooby-doo it's gonna be hard telling them scooby-doo won't be at the park come spring 2010. I hope Planet Snoopy is done right...and I've been wondering what will take the place of my beloved SDaTHC? I hope it's a Snoopy dark ride..but my Cedar Point friends tell me Cedar Fair is cheap.

Especially now, with a new Scooby movie coming out. Could have been a great chance for the park to enjoy the "boost" of Scoob's popularity with the movie.

Especially now, with a new Scooby movie coming out. Could have been a great chance for the park to enjoy the "boost" of Scoob's popularity with the movie.

Maybe we will see a new peanuts movie, "snoopy invades Kings Island"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
what is going to happen to the wild thorn berets ride do you think it will go back to river town?

hmmmm.....some where i seen a photo of snoopy in a Canoe and i think it was a log flume ride.

You're thinking of the scenery at CP's Camp Snoopy methinks.

http://z.about.com/d/themeparks/1/0/z/j/CP40.JPG

yes thats it......no ride ?? just scenery? well that would be a good theme for our log ride.