World's Best Kids' Area to Get a Whole New Look in 2010!

Wikipedia is wrong, because Kings Island would've had the info out before them.

Not necessarily. The very first news on Diamondback, for example, was published by the European Coaster Club's newsletter many, many moons before the first word from the park. The Planet Snoopy information was leaked (and released by other parks) long before the park finally announced it.

Lack of an announcement does not necessarily mean that information is wrong...nor does it mean it is right.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you added this:

On December 16, 2009, Cedar Fair was bought by Apollo Global Management. In NYSE, Cedar Fair is now a private company (originally NYSE: "FUN") and will in 2010 be officially known as Apollo Global Management. No ride names will be changed, nothing will be changed.

It is NOT correct. There has been NO sale, no approval by unit holders, and a shop around period is now underway. And you have violated the TOS at Wickipedia by knowingly posting false information. You could even conceivably be criminally prosecuted, though that is unlikely.

EDIT: Terpy beat me.

A quote from (what I'm assuming is) the edit to the "New Ownership" section of which you were speaking:

On December 16, 2009, Cedar Fair was bought by Apollo Global Management. In NYSE, Cedar Fair is now a private company (originally NYSE: "FUN") and will in 2010 be officially known as Apollo Global Management. No ride names will be changed, nothing will be changed.

The sale to Apollo has not been completed. Not until 2/3 of the shareholders vote on it, the results of which will be calculated in February, I believe. Additionally, we have no way of knowing if the name Cedar Fair will remain after the purchase. It might, it might not. When Apollo bought Linens n' Things, it wasn't renamed Apollo Global Management. Neither was Harrah's. It's likely that, if the sale goes through, Cedar Fair will continue to operate internally the same way it always did, it will just be owned by a larger company. We also have no way of knowing if any rides names will be changed. For all we know, the sale could go through in February, and come March, the parks could be sold to Universal, Six Flags, or Parques Reunidos. We have no idea.

By the way, folks, never trust Wikipedia. ;)

Also, I don't know if it was you or not, but someone ought to return the "Planet Snoopy" area to it's previous Nickelodeon Universe names. You cannot edit all of the names to things like "Lucy's Kidz Coaster" and "Peanut Swings" and then say in the description "The Planet Snoopy names are not official." If they aren't official, don't put them.

Again... Do not trust Wikipedia. Ever.

Kings Island, Where Else?

Well, given that last year that strategy at least indirectly resulted in a lot of people, especially in Tennessee, having bones to pick with them. . .you'd think that strategy might be revisited. Perhaps they are running all their new names past focus groups to see if they pass the Cedar Fair high standards of such icons as:

Diamondback: Your First Ride Could Be Your Last

Come and smell the funnel cakes...

Drop Tower

Flight Deck

and of course:

Kings Island, Where Else?

^That would be me. I've been posting only specials that air on ABC, and the election special was not shown on that network. I know that ABC Family was showing some more in December than what I listed, but I didn't list those for two reasons:

1. ABC is available to more people than ABC Family is.

2. I personally don't have cable or satellite TV (I use an antenna), so I don't get ABC Family and therefore don't keep up with their programming. I'd rather spend my money on other things such as trips to other parks and different cities than on cable/satellite. Last year I took 8 overnight trips to different locations and visited 7 parks besides Kings Island. Those trips would not have been possible if I was wasting money on cable or satellite.

*steps off soapbox* ;)

^That would be me. I've been posting only specials that air on ABC, and the election special was not shown on that network. I know that ABC Family was showing some more in December than what I listed, but I didn't list those for two reasons:

1. ABC is available to more people than ABC Family is.

2. I personally don't have cable or satellite TV (I use an antenna), so I don't get ABC Family and therefore don't keep up with their programming. I'd rather spend my money on other things such as trips to other parks and different cities than on cable/satellite. Last year I took 8 overnight trips to different locations and visited 7 parks besides Kings Island. Those trips would not have been possible if I was wasting money on cable or satellite.

*steps off soapbox* wink.gif

Man, the empty spot you left on that soap box is so temptingsmile.gif I'll just say that I completely agree!

I would assume the pr person for the park would post the most flattering picture possible of that plush. The indentation down the top center of Snoopy's snout, the lack of detail, and the general impression given by the product as depicted certainly does not in any way indicate high quality construction. But, that's just me and my opinion. If you feel otherwise, please feel free to buy boxes and boxes of them, should you choose to do so!

First, I am an admitted Scooby/Spongebob fan, so what I am going to say next needs to be considered with that in mind.

I partially agree with The Interpreter...it is certainly not the worst plush I have ever seen...there are countless candidates at the park on a yearly basis...how about those steroid looking Spidermans?! :lol:

I do agree with him that whenever I see a plush I NEVER like to see such obvious stitch lines...it just cheapens the item.

I took the long way home and drove by Kings Island today. I saw a crane in the old Nick Universe area over by Reptar and Avatar!!! I couldn't see much because I was driving but there was indeed a crane!

Maybe they are removing the giant reptar/movie screen statue, or the pin-sized plankton from the top of planktons plunge.wink.gif Finally, some visible signs of activity! Now.......we wait.