World's Best Kids' Area to Get a Whole New Look in 2010!

BTW according to Carowinds Connection, they said they saw (via the webcam) Carowinds' Reptar is being repainted (not sure if it was the track or supports at the time) a white color.

Edit: I wonder if KI's Reptar has the same fate?

I just checked out the Carowinds webcam and their Reptar does look white. I just can't determine whether or not it is actually a white paint, or if it is just sunlight reflecting off the track.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The white color that was reportedly seen on Carowinds` Reptar likely was primer. I know that Kings Island`s Runaway Reptar has been showing signs of needing a paint job, as the green was noticeable starting to fade.

I wonder if this new Pretzel shop will be located in the corner food stand, right where Octoberfest branches off of International Street (the stand that is surrounded by the Emporium shop).

I'm not sure if anyone else ran across this in the past, but it's now "official" so I'll post it:

For what it's worth, Kings Dominion's official Planet Snoopy announcement on the homepage redirects to www.planetsnoopy.com/kingsdominion/. Through much, much, intense and unyielding experimentation, I've found that a similar page can be reached by (surprisingly) placing the word "island" in place of "dominion" in the provided URL (random, isn't it?).

Note that both pages are the same except for the name and the park map, and neither reveals anything about the ride names (every single link returns to the park's main page... Sort of a useless website.) Even the map is last-season's for all of the Planet Snoopy parks with a big Planet Snoopy logo pointing at the former Nickelodeon areas.

^ That's a very interesting find, goodyellowcorn. It will be very neat if KI actually implements that page. I think it could be used very easily as the site to showcase the rides in our Planet Snoopy. The 10 Snoopy busts at the bottom of every page could be used a links to each individual ride, or even separate the rides by height restriction.

http://www.planetsnoopy.com/

That page allows you to choose the park you want, but it doesn't include Canada's Wonderland, but you can type in: http://www.planetsnoopy.com/canadaswonderland/ and it works. I wonder why? Maybe because it isn't complete I guess because it says "Content Here" in the middle where the other sites give info.

Not to mention I doubt Planet Snoopy's color on the map will be "slime green." Hahha :P I would love to return to the Paramount map colors, and often wonder why the time was taken to change them to begin with? International Street was a cool mint green (probably changed to differenciate it from Nick U), Action Zone was actually a bright, action-oriented yellow instead of a pale canary, etc.

pki2002map.jpg

picture2koh.png

Also, one has to wonder... Is there a reason they went back and re-drew the perspective of the Eiffel Tower only?

Am I interpreting your post right? You want Wild Thornberrys River Adventure to be torn down? Why would you want that? That ride is a great family ride. Not to mention a classic ride that actually outdates Kings Island by a few years. Yep. It opened in 1968 at Coney Island, and was situated alongside the Shooting Star.

Yep. The ride was idle for the first part of 2000. Fortunately, the ride was saved. Most of the old wood supports and fiberglass trough were replaced with stainless steel. Some original fiberglass sections remain (the station area, the two lifts, and the final drop and splashdown area. And when the ride reopened in 2001, the other flume in the park (which was also starting to show its age, even though it wasn`t quite as old as the Thornberrys) was removed to make room for a "totally immersive dark ride adventure." Needless to say, that Diamondback`s layout would be significantly different if Kenton`s Cover Keelboat Canal had not been removed, and The Crypt been built where I heard they had originally talked about placing the ride.

Surprisingly, Carowinds log flume received a similar retheme, although not as an extensive of a rehab as Kings Island`s log flume, a few seasons after Kings Islands addition. That was primarily just a cosmetic redressing of the ride, and not actually a rehab/renovation. And look what happened to that ride now...

Phew! Although Scooby is gone, it looks as though SDaTHC is here to stay! For those of us who beleived the ride would simply have the Scooby theming removed, and the ride become a standard Sally Dard ride, well, that is apparently correct......http://www.kingsdominion.com/attractions/category.cfm?ac_id=14.......scroll towards the bottom of the page

Boo Blasters on Boo Hill? And I thought the name Drop Tower was bad!

However, the Scooby ride, er, shall I say Boo Blasters, ride at Carowinds is not located in or directly adjacent to their kiddy land area of the park. Kings Island`s ride is located directly adjacent to (and at one point in time was included as part of) the kiddy area of the park.

Edit: I at first thought the link was to Carowinds. I now see that it was to Kings Dominion, where there Scooby ride did in fact open in their kiddy area of the park. Which means my original statement below is likely true. Ie, the same name will be used at Kings Island as well.

Will we see a similar name for Kings Island`s Scooby ride? Likely. I hope not, because Boo Blasters on Boo Hill is a pretty bad name. I get that they were going for the alliteration, but still. I mean, Ghoul Grabber in Ghastly Manor sounds better than Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. And at least the Scooby ride mentioned Ghastly Manor. Or was that a direct reference to a Scooby episode, and therefore could no longer be used as well? Regardless, the ride will not be the same as it was with Scooby. Makes me miss Phantom Theater even more!

Terpy, I already beat you to that. I caught that when I was rereading my post after I hit the add reply button. I then proceeded to edit my post with the italicized section. And, the Scooby ride was added at Kings Dominion after my last visit there. Kind of scary, but my first and only visit to Kings Dominion occurred in 2000, ten years ago. My how time flies.

I know what the times stamps say. I was in the midst of editing my post when you posted that. I had to pull up the Kings Dominion map to see where exactly their Scooby ride was located at, since it wasn`t there on my last visit!

I hope to go to Kings Dominion this year and try out Intimidator 305. And maybe make my first visit to a Busch Gardens park as well. Unfortunately, I won`t be able to experience Big Bad Wolf.

Sorry, for the double post. But, this adds some content to this topic.

For those of you interested, Reptar at Carowinds is indeed getting a fresh coat of paint. Check out Carowinds` Facebook page which has a set of pictures showing work on their Planet Snoopy. Currently, Reptar has a lot of white primer on it, and a fresh coat of orange paint on many of the supports. I don`t see a track color yet, unless they are intending on keeping the yellow track from Reptar.

Carowinds Facebook Planet Snoopy Pictures