World's Best Kids' Area to Get a Whole New Look in 2010!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boo Hill!?! No sir I don't like it! But I'm gonna wait and see...I do however love Boo Berry! I like GYK's ideas I hope they would retheme the haunted castle to snoopy in some way but they most likely won't...Snoopy's Halloween Adventure It's not that hard to think of a new concept!

Glad to see that Reptar is getting painted. The green had begun to fade and look rather bad. Remember, the ride was installed in 2001, and had not been painted since it was installed. It will be interesting to see what the whole Planet Snoopy area looks like come April!

I agree Robbie, it was due for a new paint job.

I am wonding what color they are going to paint the nick orange fences around each ride. I am assuming they would repaint those? Thoughts?

In that one image of the Swing ride next to the Fairly Odd Coaster and First Aid building, it looked like they had applied primer to the top and bottom rails of the orange fencing. So I think its safe to assume that they will be painting all the orange fences another color.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update.........

Passed KI today. It looks like RR is done being painted, it looks good from the road. The Avatar car looks like it's back on there is no huge character on it, but it has a huge blue tarp around it. FOC has some tarps around it, it's mostly around the right side of the coaster. Maybe they're painting it or just off season maintanance. The Nickelodeon Store also looks like it's being primed or something of that nature.

I didn't have my camera with me, but I might try to swing back by and get some pics!

Most of these names are godawful. I'm anticipating more cardboard cut outs that don't move in "The Great Pumpkin Ride" yeah, let's shoot pumpkins.

Can't wait to see Kings Island beat out Islands of Adventure, Disney World/Land, Lego Land, and many more in the "Best Kidz Area" section of the Golden Tickets. There's no way Harry Potter will be able to keep up with us in the WORLD'S BEST KIDS AREA!

I'm sure it will look great! They are even painting Reptar to look nice and shiny. Names aren't everything for a ride, but c'mon. You have to admit that if those are the names going to be used, then yikes. It's true the name won't effect the ride's performance, but how about some respect for what used to be an amazing kids area? I'm hoping the new Great Pumpkin/Scooby replacement will at least be an improvement.

And I just think it's funny that KI will probably win best kids area....again; over all the other parks stated above.

I'm excited to see the peanuts theming for the kids area. I will probably walk through there first on opening day to see everything! :) I loved the peanuts growing up and every year I watch the Halloween,Thanksgiving,and Christmas specials so i'm really excited.

^^i agree, it's still the same area, just with a different theme and name. not to mention that everything that seemed to be fading is now getting a facelift which will make the area look even more amazing.

now only if they paint flight deck, ill be content! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good-Bye Scooby-Doo! I will miss you! sad.gif I hold Scooby-Doo and the gang very close to my heart so this is a bitter pill for me to swallow.. I wonder what will happen to SDATHC? I mean it's only six years old..I hope Cedar Fair doesn't muck it up and I hope they won't transform it into a joe cool cafe that would be a nightmare! I hope they re-theme to the ride to snoopy and the round-headed kid it would be fun..what ever happens I'm hoping for the best.

-But I HATE to see Scooby-Doo go he's been a staple at Kings Island for so long...it's like the yummy-super-delicious blue ice cream leaving the park ...

scooby do is going to stay

Good-Bye Scooby-Doo! I will miss you! sad.gif I hold Scooby-Doo and the gang very close to my heart so this is a bitter pill for me to swallow.. I wonder what will happen to SDATHC? I mean it's only six years old..I hope Cedar Fair doesn't muck it up and I hope they won't transform it into a joe cool cafe that would be a nightmare! I hope they re-theme to the ride to snoopy and the round-headed kid it would be fun..what ever happens I'm hoping for the best.

-But I HATE to see Scooby-Doo go he's been a staple at Kings Island for so long...it's like the yummy-super-delicious blue ice cream leaving the park ...

That's great, but what about Scooby DoO?

-KIFan73, who just HAD to

That's great, but what about Scooby DoO?

-KIFan73, who just HAD to

Scooby Doo, not so much.

Scooby was originally going to be called Too Much.Head of CBS programming Fred Silverman heard Frank Sinatra's Strangers in the Night on a plane.He decided to rename the character from Sinatra's scatting in the song.I believe I have heard somewhere that he mis-heard "Dooby dooby doo"as 'Scooby dooby doo".