President Obama Visit to Coney Island in This Labor Day

Joseph Peralta

Interesting. A guest who happens to hold a high political office visiting that nice park right here in Ohio. I hope he gets a chance to enjoy some of the great amusements during his visit; I know politicians are very busy, and don't always have time to take in some leisure activities during their hectic schedules. Perhaps he can enjoy a ride, a hot dog, or ponder the beauty of the trees along the Ohio River before heading back on the road to other engagements. I imagine he might enjoy a trip to Kings Island, too, one day, and perhaps take a ride on Diamondback. I hope all the best for the day. :)

Remember, to keep political oriented comments off of these boards. Any posts that stray into that subject area will be deleted as they violate the terms of service.

President Obama will be speaking around 1:15. You MUST have a ticket to attend. If you do not have a ticket, you must get one from a local union that is part of the AFL-CIO. Chances are they may have already distributed all the tickets already. If you are planning on coming down to Coney that day, keep in mind that the AFL-CIO picnic is going on, so expect some lines at the rides and a very busy Sunlite Pool.

This is not the first time that a political star has appeared at Coney. President Clinton visited Coney on Labor Day, 1992 on the campaign trail before he was elected president later that year. This is, however, the first time that a sitting president will visit Coney Island. Regardless of your political orientation, it is still cool that he is visiting Coney Island. "Coney has it!"

And yes, I will be working that day!

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER

How wonderful is that, What I'd give to go, But most likely I work that day, man only if he would come to KI, and as employee there I might actually get a chance to meet him..... What I'd give to go to Coney Island Monday!!!!! Maybe I might

Remember, to keep political oriented comments off of these boards. Any posts that stray into that subject area will be deleted as they violate the terms of service.

President Obama will be speaking around 1:15. You MUST have a ticket to attend. If you do not have a ticket, you must get one from a local union that is part of the AFL-CIO. Chances are they may have already distributed all the tickets already. If you are planning on coming down to Coney that day, keep in mind that the AFL-CIO picnic is going on, so expect some lines at the rides and a very busy Sunlite Pool.

This is not the first time that a political star has appeared at Coney. President Clinton visited Coney on Labor Day, 1992 on the campaign trail before he was elected president later that year. This is, however, the first time that a sitting president will visit Coney Island. Regardless of your political orientation, it is still cool that he is visiting Coney Island. "Coney has it!"

And yes, I will be working that day!

Great Publicity for Coney. I'd bet that his daughters would have a great time at the park but I imagine the security would make that prohibitive.