Italian Chef to be Honored

Dan

The Ohioana Library Association, an organization founded in 1929 to recognize the work of Ohio writers as well as books about Ohio, holds an annual program and reception to honor the year's Hamilton County authors. At the 2002-2003 reception on Sunday, November 16, at 1:30 p.m., at the Main Library downtown, Charles Infosino (Italian Chef) will receive recognition as author of the book about Cincinnati, The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island.

At the program, Charles will be introduced to the audience and will speak about his book and how it came to be written. The program will be held in the Huenefeld Tower Toom on the third floor of the Main Library. The library opens to the public on Sundays at 1:00. Family and friends are welcome.

If you are interested in coming to this event to support Chef, then you can leave a post in here. This event will honor Italian Chef for his book paying homage to PKI. Chef will also be available for book signings. :chef:

• Like 1

I'd like to humbly thank you all for your kind words and well wishes. And I had a great time meeting and hanging out with those of you who attended the two PKIC days at PKI. I feel blessed to have had befriended such awesome people.

Have a great day!

Charles Infosino aka Italian Chef

:chef:

In case anyone is curious how things went today, here is the text of my speech for The Ohioana Library Association:

:chef:

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. I am greatly humbled by the honor and privilege of being recognized as author of The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island, which I produced with Orange Frazer Press.

My beautiful wife Yukari and I took our honeymoon at Walt Disney World and had a magnificent experience. This trip was augmented by The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World because it helped us plan our trip and was fun to read.

I had visited and loved Paramount's Kings Island before my honeymoon. However, after returning from Disney, I saw Paramount's Kings Island in a new light. My unofficial Disney book allowed me to plan my vacation and told me everything about Walt Disney World. It amazed me that no one had ever written a

similar book about Paramount's Kings Island. After all, Paramount's Kings Island is one of the 18 most visited theme parks in the entire nation! Thus came my inspiration to write a book about Paramount's Kings Island!

The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island breaks down the park into geographic areas, has a park history chapter, 3 touring plans, and describes in detail all the rides, restaurants, shows, attractions, and retail shops.

Writing The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island was not only a fun experience, but has allowed me to promote tourism in the Greater Cincinnati area. I never dreamed that my efforts would be appreciated by this fine institution, the Ohioana Library Association, and humbly thank you for recognizing me here today.

• Like 1