Worst Coaster you have ridden

DaveStroem

Worst coaster, I agree Meanstreak, SOB, and FoF before the OTSR removal. I have a question I hope input from many of you guys. I read in several posts that you all have several SFoG coasters listed. Is this a park I need to avoid? I have a plan for next summer for my first trip to the park. I need some input on this. My goal is to visit a new park every summer to add to my "COASTER COUNT" My trip this past summer was Kings Dominion. Oh btw I forgot Hurler, rough but not awful. Sorry one more thought, why does most consider the Vekoma SLC a "Hang and Bang" personally I thought the GL Thunderhawk was pretty good, but not like a BM invert.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No SFoG is not a bad park! Their rides aren't that bad IMO (then again we rode Cylcone, GASM, and Ninja in the front). I wasn't a big fan of Ninja, but by no means was it the worst coaster I've ridden. I really liked Cyclone and Great American Scream Machine. I would reccomend going to this park.

We had a great time at SFoG. For us Georgia Cyclone & GASM were horribly rough. But Ninja wasn't so bad (about the same as Vortex at KI). Others have said the opposite. I think the best thing is to ride them all once and then reride the ones you like over & over.

The only park that I was disapointed in was Dorney Park and that was mostly because Talon was down with a broken lift chain.

ok. I am seeing a pattern. Some have said coasters from CP, and maybe even the crypt...(not a coaster)...but the most I have seen is SFOG. Are the rides there that bad??

I guess so. Although I remember in the topic about Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, someone said that KK was a stinker, but then these three were best: Magic Mountain, Great Adventure, and Six Flags Over Georiga. Honestly I didn't even know there was one in Georgia! :wacko:

Haha yeah. I do have to say, Magic mountain and great adventure have both been great experiences. I'll have to get down to georgia to try it out. haha

I have a big reason for this one, being 58 3/4 inches tall and all..

Vortex.. I'm right in between the grab bars and I get the crud beaten out of me no matter how I position myself. Migrane city for me there.

T2.. Again, shortness and the already roughness of that ride DO NOT HELP.

Thunderhawk at Dorney Park.. Really rough woodie~ It hurt really really bad!

Meanstreak.. It just hurt :(

I take back what I said about Mean Streak.. it is downright horrible. As an enthusiast, I feel bad for saying that.. but it jarred me up and down and threw my spine against the hard seat back DURING THE WHOLE RIDE. My lower back hurt so badly that I took two Advil as I exited, and I gave it the bird as we walked away. NEVER AGAIN.

I felt like that the last time I rode... I rode in the front and it wasn't too bad... So i jumped back on and tried the very back... That is the most pain I have been in ever on a coaster... (Keep in mind I also enjoyed SoB in the back car.) Although I still got the few moments of air which are found on MS when compared to SoB. I was quickly slammed back down as the beating resumed. I have had back seat rides on MS before that were not near as bad. I like the ride and came off battered... Still not giving up on it though.

As far as worst coaster goes though I'm gonna have to go with Cedar Creek Mine Ride. I think it has had a wonderful life span... However, the restraints on it absolutely bite. The ride itself is a tad rough and uneventful. The best part is the ending helix. It finally gets some speed there.

I heard someone say (I don't feel like pressing the reply button, ;) ) that they were short, and that made The Vortex painful for them because of the position of their head in the shoulder restraints.

It's just an opinion, I'm not calling anybody a weakling - but I'm really short for my age and The Vortex doesn't bother me at all. Actually the worst coaster I have ridden has to be Beast now - I hit my lip on the side of the seat on the helix last week, and I started bleeding! Sorry Beast.

Something else - my Dad told me that he thinks Vortex is really smooth! I don't know what he means by that.......... :huh:

When I most recently rode Mean Streak, I chose, as I always do, the front seat. Gold train, this time. I can honestly say that was the most rough and violent ride I have ever had on any coaster, period. There was absolutely nothing pleasurable about it. I developed a severe headache that lasted the rest of the day. I, like others here have said, will not ride it again unless and until it receives a thorough rehabilitation. I don't doubt it is safe...I DO think it is a most unrideable coaster. I am a bit stunned it is open.

I watched the ride from time to time the rest of the day. Seldom did I see more than three people on it, almost always in the front two rows.

^They added some no-fall-through rails (the new boards that run parallel to the track between the rails). Nothing major to the actual track. They also used some lumber to replace the porches on the buildings in Frontier Town, and replaced many of the support beams on CCMR.

Mean Streak is the only wood coaster I've ever been on that I could consider bad. And I blame that on it being so over trimmed. I'd love a trimless ride, though I'm sure it'd probably be painful.

Not as much as you think! It's not noticably rougher without them, but there is a lot more airtime to be had. Ask dare-to-fly how I know this!

Mean Streak is quite possibly the roughest coaster I have ever ridden too, but not the worst. I absolutely do not like Mantis. It is the only coaster that I have ever said "never again" to.

I heard someone say (I don't feel like pressing the reply button, ;) ) that they were short, and that made The Vortex painful for them because of the position of their head in the shoulder restraints.

It's just an opinion, I'm not calling anybody a weakling - but I'm really short for my age and The Vortex doesn't bother me at all. Actually the worst coaster I have ridden has to be Beast now - I hit my lip on the side of the seat on the helix last week, and I started bleeding! Sorry Beast.

Something else - my Dad told me that he thinks Vortex is really smooth! I don't know what he means by that.......... :huh:

Not when it gives you blackout worthy migranes. :( I'm 4'9 3/4 tall and I doubt you might be that short (I'm near the legal little person mark). ;) And trust me, not a weakling~ I can usually handle whatever coasters dish out.

• 2 weeks later...