Motion Sick?

israel09

Anyone ever get motion sick.

I used to never get sick. I rode most of the coasters at Cedar Point in 2007, then this year was my first time getting on a ride since then.

i got onall the the normal coasters fine. Racer , beast ,flight fear, but as soon as i got on Vortex. when we hit the brakes i felt horrible. So i just manned up, and walked it off. lol i got on racer again then got on the very front (far left) seat of face off. After that i was done i could barely walk, my head hurt my vison was shaky and y stocmach felt horible. so i went home. everytime the car would stop my head would pound harder. or if i closed my eyes my stomach turned. whem i finnaly got home i got out the car and instantly had to throw up. i was sick for the next three days. like wow wtf?

lol

i went back a few months later and even felt funny of Flight of Fear, i ride i would never getr sick on. I got on Vortex again and sat in the front seat so i could see what where i was going and look ahead. and i left my glasses on this time. it wasnt as bad as last time...untill we began to enter the station i had to use everything in my power to not throw up in the seat. I got off and went to th e batroom and had to throw up again.. it ruined my whole day. lol

i used to never get sick though i would just feel bad for like 10 secs then i would be fine.

hmm, maybe it's just all the stress i have, lol i dunno hopefully it isnt permanet i love coasters .

So anyone want to say anything?

I don't necessarily get motion sick, but on certain rides I do get dizzy. Since 2007, the rides in the park do seem to have gotten faster. That is no more apparent than on Vortex. After the double loop, the world does weird things for a few seconds, but I'm usually good to go for the corkscrews. The helix is the other area I get dizzy. While it's not motion sickness, I would like the world to stop so I can get off. It takes me about 10-15 minutes to recover.

The only time I ever truly got motion sickness was actually seasickness while crossing the English Channel on one of the ferries. The seas were still high a day after 100+ mph winds stirred things up over the Channel.

I have a really good cure for motion sickness! My dad used get sick on pretty much everything, but one day we were watching Mythbusters and they said that ginger cured motion sickness. We went to our local grocery and bought some crystallized ginger. Before any ride he ate some, and to our amzament, he can ride anything without getting sick! It's amazing and cheap!

Wow! This looks like an advertisment, sorry!

Anyone ever get motion sick.

I used to never get sick. I rode most of the coasters at Cedar Point in 2007, then this year was my first time getting on a ride since then.

i got onall the the normal coasters fine. Racer , beast ,flight fear, but as soon as i got on Vortex. when we hit the brakes i felt horrible. So i just manned up, and walked it off. lol i got on racer again then got on the very front (far left) seat of face off. After that i was done i could barely walk, my head hurt my vison was shaky and y stocmach felt horible. so i went home. everytime the car would stop my head would pound harder. or if i closed my eyes my stomach turned. whem i finnaly got home i got out the car and instantly had to throw up. i was sick for the next three days. like wow wtf?

lol

i went back a few months later and even felt funny of Flight of Fear, i ride i would never getr sick on. I got on Vortex again and sat in the front seat so i could see what where i was going and look ahead. and i left my glasses on this time. it wasnt as bad as last time...untill we began to enter the station i had to use everything in my power to not throw up in the seat. I got off and went to th e batroom and had to throw up again.. it ruined my whole day. lol

i used to never get sick though i would just feel bad for like 10 secs then i would be fine.

hmm, maybe it's just all the stress i have, lol i dunno hopefully it isnt permanet i love coasters .

So anyone want to say anything?

Make sure you drink plenty of fluid the day before not a lot of soda.You may have been dehydrated.If that dont work,get your ears checked since inner ear problems can mess you up almost the same way as you just discribed.Good luck.

My recommendations: Ginger or Dramamine, lots of fluids (water or Gatorade) and maybe some sinus medicine. I have inner ear problems as a result of something stupid I did while diving and I've found that I can get a little nauseous on coasters if it's acting up. Before I dive I take Sudafed (the real stuff that they keep behind the counter) and Afrin nose spray to clear it out and will often take Sudafed when at the park to prevent problems.

My husband gets very motion sick and ginger works for him.

I used to be fine, I could ride anything as much as I wanted. But in 2006 at SFOG I rode Batman: The Ride a few times in a row than Gotham City Crime Wave (chairswings) and I felt really nauseous afterward. After that I was fine, as long as I ate while at the parks. Than on Ride Warriors I rode Diamondback 19 times during ERT and most the time I never left the train and after a while I started feeling dizzy and after ERT was over I felt like I was going to get sick. I never did, but that night was miserable after ERT, and the next day I only rode Diamondback two times. Ever since than I can't ride Diamondback like I used to, I could maybe do 10 in an hour at the most. I wish I could cure it...

Cry babies!....LOL

kat, you have a GOOD reason... you are excused.

I rode Diamondback 42 times last friday and felt fine.

42 times!!? One Day!!?? Good job!

// The only ride I ever get sick on is Flight of Fear. My advise is to load up on fluids the day before, NOT three minutes before the launch.

I'd also advise against drinking hot sauce right before boarding Invertigo. I mean, not that I have done that... (Whistles and reads the next post...)

I used to be able to ride DB nonstop 10-12 times. But during my last trip, I barely made it to 4. I don't know what happened but I think it might have been the 2 month dry spell without a coaster.

i've been the same. If i go awhile without riding anything, when i get on one finally i'll get like that halfway through the day. Do you mind if i ask how old you are? Another thing is make yourself drink water, and make yourself go to the bathroom. You'd be amazed how you don't even realize it, but a quick trip may make you feel better if you're retaining all that said water.

The only time I got motion sick was on Backlot Stunt Coaster. Nothing else does that to me. Well, sometimes, on the second loop of Vortex, I get kind of sick.

Same sort of thing happened to me on my last KD trip on backlot...I was a bit queasy during the tunnel after the second launch but was able to walk it off just fine.These days I find myself feeling sick about halfway through Dominator's course,my guess is it must be an age related issue of not being able to tolerate the rides like I once was able to especially since I really lost it on Rehoboth Beach's sea dragon about a month ago but then again it could've been blamed on the Starbucks I drank before getting on the darn thing.

I seem to have a weird but inconsistent form of motion sickness. Let me explain.

Well my motion sickness started back in 2005 after the Tomato Festival was over. I had ridden a fair ride called Hurricane about 10 times in a row (the fair I went to before that, I actually got sick on a ride for the very first time). After the last ride I felt horrible and couldn't do anything for a couple hours.

Next year I go to the I-X Indoor Amusement Park. I go on Hurricane again but this time I don't feel that bad. I go on Round-Up and still don't feel bad. I ride Thunder Bolt however (it's a Matterhorn-type ride) and feel like I'm gonna throw up. But the funny thing is later on that day I rode a ride called Quasar which spins exceedingly fast and swivels up and down and nothing happened. Not even faint dizziness.

Then in '07 at Busch Gardens I rode Battering Ram, a pirate ship ride, and feel HORRIBLE after getting off. I didn't get sick though. I think maybe my feeling on it could be attributed to having drank coffee before getting on it.

This year we went to Cedar Point and I was able to ride Calypso and Scrambler fine without feeling too bad (only had slight dizziness for a few seconds). I was gonna test my luck on the Super Himalaya but chickened out.

I haven't tried any coasters since that incident that happened in '05 either, but I do know I can ride certain rides that go upside down that aren't coasters. I can't seem to marathon any rides anymore either.

Before anyone asks, I'm only 21 years old, so I don't think it's an age issue. My dad's triple my age and when he was slightly younger, like in his 50s, he was able to ride nearly anything and not get sick.

I wasn't bothered StalkerChick, I just don't think that age has anything to do with it in my case. Especially since my case is so inconsistent.

This however did bother me:

Cry babies!....LOL

kat, you have a GOOD reason... you are excused.

I rode Diamondback 42 times last friday and felt fine.

You rode Diamondback 42 times and felt fine? I'm glad. I was able to do the same thing (but with Millennium Force and some others) up until four years ago.

So only crybabies have motion sickness huh? I was the ride king when I was younger. I can assure you it has nothing to do with fear or crying in dang near anyone's case.

Try taking some Dramamine next time before you ride. It works for a lot of people I know.

You could also try "Bonine". its a kind of Dramamine, that is non-drowsy. my mom takes it and usualy does fine. Take into consideration, she cant walk in a circle more than 3 times and not have to sit down and close her eyes. haha :D

Never eat a 3 or 5 way chili and then expect nothing to happen after riding thrill rides. All that will do is churn up the stomach and nature takes its course. For that matter, don't eat anything heavy before you ride. Did you see the scene in Band of Brothers after they were served all that pasta and sauce and then forced to go on that run? Their meal came right back up. But do drink plenty of water as has been discussed.