The Beast Lift Hill Music...

CedarPointer

That's cool that you found that song. I would like to know why they guy doesn't spiel anymore. I miss his "Welcome to The Beast . . ."

Good 'ol Jeff Seibert. He left the park at the end of the 2006 season and moved down south to Schlitterbahn in Texas. Of course, you can still hear his voice on Thunder Alley (which still has the King's Island mispelling on the logo), Son of Beast (the spiel is still on even though the ride is currently SBNO), and Runaway Reptar.

Oh, and The Beast spiel DOES still play during the music on the lift hill. I think it's just due to the speakers not being loud enough.

"Welcome to The Beast. Remain seated at all times. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs inside the car at all times. Thank you."

• 11 months later...

Music rights are licensed differently than ride names, movie theming, etc. When a park or business establishment pays the appropriate license fee, it can play any music covered by that fee that it chooses, unless the owner of the specific right demands its removal. In fact, virtually the same sound track once played by Paramount Parks at its theme park gates plays at Great Adventure in the mornings at the gate and in the afternoons in Movie Town at the park. "We Like To Party", considered by many as Six Flags' official theme song, often played in Coney Mall at Kings Island.

And so it goes.

• 11 years later...