Best haunt to go through?

gigacoaster2k

I realize that there are two other Haunt threads, but this is more directed toward asking for opinions.

I have never really been into haunts.. that is, until 2007 when I went to Club Blood for the first time. Scared the CRAP out of me.. so much that I announced as I walked out that it was indeed worth the hour wait.

Also walked through CornStalkers at Cedar Point last year as it was just starting.. again got the living **** scared out of me.

In both haunts, I literally jumped and screamed.. and those of you who know me know that takes a LOT.

THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

CarnEvil at CP, however, was a 0 out of 10. ONE person walked out and ALMOST startled me.

Which haunts are the best? And by best I mean SCARE ME, AND SCARE ME GOOD.. so which ones would you guys recommend? I know some of you are working Haunt this year.. so tell me why YOUR haunt is the best! :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant get enough of carnevil, i was informed that when you get to the spinny tunnel. you should stop, look up, and spin around in a circle. and at the end of the tunnel {w/ 3D glasses on} look down at the steps. i loved mascre manor second, everything esle tied for a close third and fourth. tryin not to be biased but with me, stalker, m_17, & topgun workin urgent scare. you should swing by there for a real good time.

p.s. while your in mascre manor, say hi to uncle fester for me. ;)

I only went into 3 (Urgent Scare, Trail of Terror, Worksite), and Trail of Terror was by far my favorite. Urgent Scare was just completely gory, not very scary, Worksite was horrible, no chainsaws at all (the logo had a chainsaw), nothing scary. However Trail of Terror was especially erie, and it had some really funny and scary moments, like when you had to crawl through the tunnel.

Urgent Scare and Trail of Terror are the scariest Haunts to go through. Tombstone Terror-tory is also very good and scary, but only if you go through it at the very beginning of the season, when there is no line, and make sure your group is one of the very last groups to go through out of the trainload. It will make it even better! Trust me on Tombstone! When I went through last season it went something like this:

Time A: Went through early in the season on a Friday. Hardly a line, super foggy, tons of good scares, and tons of fun! The scareacters were great!

Time B: Went through much later in the season on a Saturday. Line was HUGE and it wasn't even scary. Half the scareacters weren't trying, the fog wasn't thick, some of the scareacters were just standing there talking and drinking coffee. It was like two different attractions!

I didn't find Club Blood scary, but it was still fun to go through B)

PS. I am in Trail of Terror, so make sure you come through!

I realize that there are two other Haunt threads, but this is more directed toward asking for opinions.

I have never really been into haunts.. that is, until 2007 when I went to Club Blood for the first time. Scared the CRAP out of me.. so much that I announced as I walked out that it was indeed worth the hour wait.

Also walked through CornStalkers at Cedar Point last year as it was just starting.. again got the living **** scared out of me.

In both haunts, I literally jumped and screamed.. and those of you who know me know that takes a LOT.

THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

CarnEvil at CP, however, was a 0 out of 10. ONE person walked out and ALMOST startled me.

Which haunts are the best? And by best I mean SCARE ME, AND SCARE ME GOOD.. so which ones would you guys recommend? I know some of you are working Haunt this year.. so tell me why YOUR haunt is the best! :)

Club Blood and Urgent Scare were good at KI last year... BUT after my CP "Behind the Screams" media preview tour last night (see my Halloweekends thread in the "Other Parks" section for details), you HAVE to get back up to CP for Halloweekends, and you CAN'T miss GE Boeckling's Eerie Estate and Happy Jack's Toy Factory. They easily, and I mean easily beat anything at CP, KI, and I'd say they're on par with HHN at Universal. If they let JT start working on haunts for other parks, then CF has started to move up to a new level.

I've only done Club Blood, Massacre Manor, Tombstone Terror-TORY, and CarnEvil. Club Blood wasn't scary at all, it was just more fun... Massacre Manor was boring to me, I didn't like it. Tombstone Terror-Tory was the best in my opinion, I love the concept and they did a good job scaring. CarnEvil was more of a funhouse, not a haunted house... Not scary at all, but if your scared of clowns than You'd love it (well actually hate it I guess...)

Question about the special Thursday and Sunday nights on which the Haunt will be open... Does anyone know if all the scareactors will be there, or will the staffing be reduced because they are school nights? I think these will be good nights to go with light crowds, but if there arent many people to scare me I don't know if I'll bother.

Well, the park closes at 12 am, which is after the hour restrictions for high school kids (I believe). So, that would mean there would be less workers later in the night. Also, since it is a school night, a lot of the high school kids may decide not to work. So, I would say there probably will be less workers.

The best haunt to go through is Slaughter House. Why? Because I'm there! :D (Gee, it hasn't even opened, I haven't even stepped foot inside it yet, and I'm already saying it's the best... All I can say is, I already know one good surprise. That's all I'm sayin' for now...)

But seriously, the three that top my list are Club Blood, Massacre Manor and Trail of Terror.

Well, the park closes at 12 am, which is after the hour restrictions for high school kids (I believe). So, that would mean there would be less workers later in the night. Also, since it is a school night, a lot of the high school kids may decide not to work. So, I would say there probably will be less workers.

It may come to a point where if the mazes are really short-staffed on those nights, monsters out in the streets may get temporarily relocated to a maze, so I think the issue would more be worrying about seeing monsters OUTSIDE the maze rather than INSIDE the maze.

The best haunt to go through is Slaughter House. Why? Because I'm there! :D (Gee, it hasn't even opened, I haven't even stepped foot inside it yet, and I'm already saying it's the best... All I can say is, I already know one good surprise. That's all I'm sayin' for now...)

But seriously, the three that top my list are Club Blood, Massacre Manor and Trail of Terror.

Gotta agree with XGatorHead. Slaughter House will be the best

Guest TombraiderTy

I've only been truly scared in a Kings Island haunted house or trail once (scared as in fearing for safety or freaking out on a serious level). However, some of the houses or trails make me more nervous than others. My list of worst-to-best from 2008 and my thoughts on them :):

11. Death Row- Boring, annoying, and the least scary. Nothing more to say.

10. Tombstone Terror-tory- So much great potential, but the attraction ends-up being a big disappointment. Outside of the covered-bridge filled with hanging heads, there aren't any sets or scenes. The whole thing seems to be scareactors hidden behind props, leaving you to guess where scareactors will jump out from.

9. Cemetery Drive- Interesting, and at times fun, but never frightening. The most nervous you'll be is when you're guessing which tombstones the scareactors are hidden behind.

8. CornSTALKERS- In its Action Zone location last year, it was a decent "trail"- the scareactors blended in well, but the layout was too simple (a long, straight line) and Drop Tower, seen during the whole maze, felt out-of-place. Had you started near Drop Tower and moved down toward Invertigo, it would've felt more like an isolated farm instead of inside an amusement park with a giant free-fall tower right in front of you.

7. The Worksite- Plenty of great hiding places for the scareactors, some nice sets, and a cool theme. Layout is a tad simple, but the ending turn into a tunnel was a fantastic touch.

6. Red Beard's Revenge- Being both indoors and outdoors was a nice feature. The inside part felt too short and boring though, but some nice sets and hiding places.

5. Trail of Terror- Formerly my favorite, now only "good" at best. Still, perhaps the longest attraction with some great sets, especially the exploding outhouse. The tunnel was also a nice touch. The simplicity of many of the sets (hanging doll heads, rows of porta-potties, ect.) is also what made it scarier. Great spots for scareactors to hide as well.

4. Urgent Scare- Although it didn't quite meet my expectations, Urgent Scare features some very-nice sets, and being both indoors-and-outdoors was a great plus. Great storyline. The massive size of the attraction is also awesome, although the waiting queue is unorganized (straight down the midway? Seriously?). The moving-platform near the start was also a nice touch. Although great, most scareactor hiding spots were just behind props- un-interesting and far too simple.

3. CarnEVIL- CarnEVIL is lots of fun- perhaps more fun than scary. It still has some great scares though, like the "dot room", the room of mirrors, and the spinning tunnel. Great hiding places for scareactors as well, such as drop-down doors and blended in with other clowns or props. Everything being in 3D also makes it enjoyable, giving it an extra (and fun) twist.

2. Massacre Manor- A great example of good storytelling, although some of the sets are less-than-good. Fantastic scares through-out the attraction, including the hallway of doors (where a scareactor comes from above the walls instead of through a door) and the closet. The ending is a tad boring though- dark with loud noises coming from around you. It causes confusion, making you vulnerable, but nothing pops out at you or really scares you.

1. Club Blood- The greatest sets and some fantastic scares. Some great effects as well, and an interesting (but hard to follow) storyline. The mirror-section leaves you guessing, while the constant dark twists and turns continue to make you more and more nervous. Very great attraction, especially considering how limited the park was with the building's smaller size.

From the grapevine, slaughter house will be a new level of visuals.

Hmmm... that's one way to put it. :lol:

My list of worst-to-best from 2008 and my thoughts on them :):

1. Club Blood- The greatest sets and some fantastic scares. Some great effects as well, and an interesting (but hard to follow) storyline. The mirror-section leaves you guessing, while the constant dark twists and turns continue to make you more and more nervous. Very great attraction, especially considering how limited the park was with the building's smaller size.

Thank you! :D

I thought the story line was better in 2008 than in 2007. In '07, I didn't understand why there were nurses delivering vampire babies in a nightclub... :unsure: