Best First Drop in the Park

Hoeter

1.Drop Zone, not a coaster but I love that drop.

2.Diamondback, great air in the back seat.

3.Xtreme Skyflier, once again not a coaster but that drop is great.

4.Vortex's third drop, The 138ft. drop in seat 7-1. The first drop is out of the station, second one out of the lift, than third is the big one.

5.Top Gun's second drop, in 7-1 great floater air. First drop is the little drop out of the lift, second if the big one.

6.Racer, In back seat you get some good air, in front seat I love how you just hang there.

7.Son of Beast's 5th. drop. The big 214ft. drop in back seat you get some good floater.

8. Firehawk, I like how it's almost an inversion since your going backwards, and than you just flip over and look straight to the ground.

9.Invertigo, you get a little bit of air if your in the right seat, but I just like how your held at the top for a few seconds than released.

10.Beast, in back seat you get a tiny pop of air.

11. Beastie, same as Beast.

The others aren't really good at all with drops...

^okay... so would you say that the 2nd half of the corkscrews on Vortex are both drops? I don't think so. But it's a change in elevation.

and what is a drop, but a simpler way of saying "change in elevation".

actually, i do count those as drops, the only thing i don't consider drops are the things like the first turn on The Beast, The Racer, or the other things on roller coasters that are very slight inclines that help the trains coast slowly into or out of the station.

^okay... so would you say that the 2nd half of the corkscrews on Vortex are both drops? I don't think so. But it's a change in elevation.

and what is a drop, but a simpler way of saying "change in elevation".

actually, i do count those as drops, the only thing i don't consider drops are the things like the first turn on The Beast, The Racer, or the other things on roller coasters that are very slight inclines that help the trains coast slowly into or out of the station.

aggreed, some drops are conciderd extream .....IE: DB

Diamondback is so far ahead in my eyes as far as quality first drops on KI roller coasters go, it's ridiculous. It's such a mammoth drop and then add the feeling that you're gonna fly out.

Second, would actually be Vortex's first drop thanks to its sheer size (I assume had I been able to ride Son of Beast it would have easily taken second place in drop status). Beast is third, only because we are using first drops and the legendary helix is at the end of the ride(and gets best finale in my book). Hmm...me gotsa an idea... ;)

1: First drop on Drop Zone!

2: First drop on DB, back seat (even though front seat IS my favorite)

3: First drop on Vortex, back seat. AMAZING!

4: Face off, going backwards first, at the very end. That lasts forever!

The backseat on Vortex is "amazing"

I always ride backseat on Vortex.

Drop Zone never fails to thrill and I think Delirium has quite the belly-flop power as well.