The Beast books

Sergeant Pepper

I read them both when I was in late elementary or junior high. They were two of few books I ever read by RL Stine, I just never really got into his plotlines. I enjoyed the first book, and I still remember a lot of it. I don't remember a thing about the second book, it was just ... blah. The first book was good though.

They used to have a copy of it sitting in the window of the drive box many years ago. I wonder what happened to it.

• 1 month later...

It has been years since I read those books. I have both of them in my room. For several years after the first one came out, they had a copy of it sitting in the control booth at The Beast facing the station floor. "The Beast" by R.L. Stine came out in 1994. "The Beast 2" came out in 1995. (I have copies of both books on a shelf in my room.)

I read the original Beast book one day while I was working The Beast souvenir stand near the ride's exit in '94. What can I say, it was a slow day there that day...

I enjoyed it for what it was, but I hated having people tell me all about the park that was there before Kings Island, and then having to correct them. I never did read the 2nd book.

n31035.jpg

Yes the cover art was very nice.

I love these books. I have only read the second one once and I don't recall it being better than the first. The first was amazing though. Firelight Torch Park and P.D. Walters. Classic scene and a classic ghost to go along with it. I also love the part about James talking about the change underneath The Vortex.