What is the Best Way to Reach You?

I voted for broadtexter on the first two. And I'm TOTALLY up for KIC get togethers outside of KI (Not that we haven't been doing them all season anyway).

I was thinking about offseason stuff. Could be fun to get groups together and do some different stuff, you know? I have some ideas up my sleeve.

I voted for broadtexter on the first two. And I'm TOTALLY up for KIC get togethers outside of KI (Not that we haven't been doing them all season anyway).

I was thinking about offseason stuff. Could be fun to get groups together and do some different stuff, you know? I have some ideas up my sleeve.

Dave and Busters. Just an idea ;) .

I didn't get a vote in due to me being on my iPhone but I'll vote whn I get out of class. My vote would be the texting and the twitter as a toss up. I text a lot, most of my conversations are text as a matter of fact, and I also Twitter a ton. So these are my favorte ways of being reached. As far as the off-season meet ups go, I think that's a terrific idea and I think it would be really fun. But, living in Richmond I might not be able to attend unless for some reason the meet-up came down here close to Lexington probably. I am willing though however, to become the eastern Kentucky regional KIC meet-up represenaive.

Posted from my iPhone!!!

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Not that I usually consider myself that memorable…but I am guessing that when Ryan was putting up this poll he knew that I would have to add my usual 2 cents on this subject…just as I always do when he asks for what new service we think should be added…so as not to disappoint…I will now start beating that dead horse again! :rolleyes:

Why is it that so many people/companies are not happy sticking with what they do best? HBO was not happy just showing movies…they started doing TV shows, MTV MUSIC Television isn’t even hardly music anymore, actors want to be singers, singers want to be actors, Cartoon Network shows non-cartoon shows…Nick At Night shows not only movies but new reality shows, CNN has “fluff” shows that have NOTHING to do with news…eBay the greatest idea in years isn’t happy with being an auction site, they want to be Amazon Pt.2...sigh…I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

I would just like to keep 100% of the mods effort put towards this site and forum. A little brutal honesty…I personally think this site has become a little stagnant…I am still waiting for the monthly newsletter idea that was praised by so many to take off…why move on to new territory when there is still things that can be done here for improvement.

I have said it several times before, I do not want to deal with going to other places to get all of the Kings Island information…or being contacted different ways…I have always found that the site’s PMs & e-mails were just fine. I would just like to know that everything that is newsworthy that the mods know about the park is either posted immediately in the forum or on the site’s news page. If it ain’t broke…

I did answer all 3 of your questions…but I wish there was another choice for the first 2 questions…the “I have no opinion/I don't know” is not really accurate…I DO (obviously) have an opinion…and I do know…at least what I think….since that option was not available I chose “I have no opinion/I don't know” for the first 2.

Of the extensions of the KIC Universe, which do you think is the one we should use more often?

As stated, I wish that all attention be focused on this site before branching out.

If KIC were to sponsor social gatherings outside of Kings Island, what would your thoughts be?

My choice here was “Maybe - Depends on what we're doing.”

I am sorry if any of this offends anyone…that is not my goal…I hope this is taken as constructive criticism.

And before anyone beats me to it…yes I know I can be grumpy…and since both Jack Lemon and Walter Matthau have passed, I feel like I am a shoe-in if Hollywood decides to remake “Grumpy Old Men”! :)

stand bye me, thats why i didnt vote; only one of those questions i could truely answer and since you have to choose ONE ANSWER ON EACH QUESTION. we really need polls with more options/multiple/or& answer one question out of two, so on and so fourth of such.

how ever i did think about for the off-season creating a game where once a week i will post a topic called name that coaster. it will start out on mondays with a thurough description of the ride experiance {mine anyway}. leave ya'lls to guess it, check back in on wednesday to drop a hint if needed. then check back in with the result.

wouldnt necessarilly have to be for a prize, just some fun to pass the time of the off-season. if anyone else thinks this is a good idea just drop me a PM & ill see what i can do with the mods to make it like the mole game.

how ever i did think about for the off-season creating a game where once a week i will post a topic called name that coaster. it will start out on mondays with a thurough description of the ride experiance {mine anyway}. leave ya'lls to guess it, check back in on wednesday to drop a hint if needed. then check back in with the result.

wouldnt necessarilly have to be for a prize, just some fun to pass the time of the off-season. if anyone else thinks this is a good idea just drop me a PM & ill see what i can do with the mods to make it like the mole game.

Ummm.. yeah I was gonna say, Uncle Henry normally does this with either Survivor, or the Mole. And I'm sure, he's gonna get something going this year :D

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Not that I usually consider myself that memorable…but I am guessing that when Ryan was putting up this poll he knew that I would have to add my usual 2 cents on this subject…just as I always do when he asks for what new service we think should be added…so as not to disappoint…I will now start beating that dead horse again! :rolleyes:

Why is it that so many people/companies are not happy sticking with what they do best? HBO was not happy just showing movies…they started doing TV shows, MTV MUSIC Television isn’t even hardly music anymore, actors want to be singers, singers want to be actors, Cartoon Network shows non-cartoon shows…Nick At Night shows not only movies but new reality shows, CNN has “fluff” shows that have NOTHING to do with news…eBay the greatest idea in years isn’t happy with being an auction site, they want to be Amazon Pt.2...sigh…I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

I would just like to keep 100% of the mods effort put towards this site and forum. A little brutal honesty…I personally think this site has become a little stagnant…I am still waiting for the monthly newsletter idea that was praised by so many to take off…why move on to new territory when there is still things that can be done here for improvement.

I have said it several times before, I do not want to deal with going to other places to get all of the Kings Island information…or being contacted different ways…I have always found that the site’s PMs & e-mails were just fine. I would just like to know that everything that is newsworthy that the mods know about the park is either posted immediately in the forum or on the site’s news page. If it ain’t broke…

I did answer all 3 of your questions…but I wish there was another choice for the first 2 questions…the “I have no opinion/I don't know” is not really accurate…I DO (obviously) have an opinion…and I do know…at least what I think….since that option was not available I chose “I have no opinion/I don't know” for the first 2.

Of the extensions of the KIC Universe, which do you think is the one we should use more often?

As stated, I wish that all attention be focused on this site before branching out.

If KIC were to sponsor social gatherings outside of Kings Island, what would your thoughts be?

My choice here was “Maybe - Depends on what we're doing.”

I am sorry if any of this offends anyone…that is not my goal…I hope this is taken as constructive criticism.

And before anyone beats me to it…yes I know I can be grumpy…and since both Jack Lemon and Walter Matthau have passed, I feel like I am a shoe-in if Hollywood decides to remake “Grumpy Old Men”! :)

No offense was taken at all. You do make some excellent points. However if you look at the nature of the poll, it asked which extension of the KIC Universe was best for you. That has nothing to do with the main site. Since your greatly prefer going directly the the main site, "I don't know/I have no opinion" was an appropriate answer. In fact, people like you are the reason why that "escape" option is valid. Otherwise, you'd be forced to choose the lesser of all "evils" and would in its own way invalidate the poll.

You'll notice that ALL information in centered around KIC. If you look at the augmentations of the brand, they're all simply different ways to inform you that something is going on with the site. If you visit the site daily, some options aren't as relevant to you, but some people visit the site every once in a while and may miss out on breaking news so the Facebook/Mobile Club/Twitter options are excellent ways to let them know to check the site.

The "Maybe - Depends on what we're doing" option is, in my opinion, the most likely poll option to come out ahead. No one's offended by you picking that. This is simply a survey. If 90% of people say that their participation depends on what events are going on, then we'd certainly run things by the community before planning anything. If people choose that they want to get together regardless, we'll do as many meet ups as we can. It's very simple. You want it, you get it.

Oh, and the newsletter. I haven't forgotten about that. The two speed bumps I've been hitting have been finding an efficient way to have people sign up, and how to integrate html into the email so it can look really nice. I may start off by just having people PM me their email addresses if they want in and doing text, but I'd rather do it right. If anyone has any insight with this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your input,

Ryan

Ummm.. yeah I was gonna say, Uncle Henry normally does this with either Survivor, or the Mole. And I'm sure, he's gonna get something going this year :D

You better hope he doesn't let us both in. I'll be gunnin' for ya!!! I owe you one!

;)

• 3 weeks later...

My thought on outside activities would be- we are all here because of a love of King's Island. For those of you who read any of my trip reports, I write about all different types of activities- not just a day at one of our awesome parks. What really surprised me was that people seemed to be interested in those types of reports too and mentioned having been there or wanting to go.

I would be totally interested if the site (with other folks besides our very busy mods *hugs to you guys*) planned a few road trips. Whoever mentioned the caving thing-- let me get my boots and knee pads. I'm there! :D