Battlestar Galatica Coaster

Some of you may have seen the new Battlestar Galatica coaster at Universal Singapore. It's alot like Dueling Dragons at IoA only this is made by Vekoma. One side of the coaster (it's a dueler) is inverted, the other is sitdown. The thing most unique about this coaster is that it doesn't use a chain lift, instead it has an LSM lift similar to Maverick, only this one launches 40mph! I can't even imagine how forceful this coaster is going to be, I'm wandering how fast this coaster is going to be. It seems to be about average height, probably around 80ft. So it'll probably produce around 40mph. from the drop, but with an extra 40mph., it'd be 80mph... That doesn't seem right, I think there might be a trim or two... Overall it looks like an amazing coaster, I really can't wait to see it completed and open. What do you think of it?

Here are photos.

Well, Intimidator 305 isn`t using the standard Intamin track that they have used for years on rides like Millennium Force and Maverick. Does that mean you will not like the ride simply because it is using a new type of track construction?

It certainly is a unique twist to the dueling coaster concept to have an inverted and a sit down coaster. I believe that there was once a coaster in Japan (made by Togo) that was a racing coaster that actually had a stand up along side a sit down coaster. I`m sure the ride will be a hit among the general public that visits the park, Vekoma or not. And having ridden the Carolina Cobra at Carowinds, I must say that if this new coaster utilizes their new restraint system, the ride has a chance to be a world class ride!

Well, Intimidator 305 isn`t using the standard Intamin track that they have used for years on rides like Millennium Force and Maverick. Does that mean you will not like the ride simply because it is using a new type of track construction?

Well, what I mean is since it has a different type of track, maybe it will be smoother and wont have so much head-banging as Invertigo, which in-turn could make me like it more. And I've not ridden Carolina Cobra, so I don't know much about the new restraints.

• 4 years later...

Universal Studios Singapore MAY remove Battlestar Galactica by the end of the year:

The Battlestar Galactica, a star attraction at the Universal Studios Singapore theme park, may be closed for good.

The sci-fi themed rollercoaster, which has been closed since July 2013, will reportedly be replaced by a new ride by the end of this year.

[...]

[Resorts World Sentosa] has only previously said that the “ride is unavailable as it undergoes an attraction review”.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/what-is-buzzing/troubled-universal-studios-singapore-ride-battlestar-galactica-closes-084334087.html

Thought this was fairly interesting. Vekoma seems like it's really turned over a new leaf recently, but the quality of this ride from a business standpoint seems to leave quite a lot to be desired.

It's troubling to think that the coaster can be THAT irreparable.

All the rumors I've heard pointed to a fault with the train. Then again, if it were that simple, there would already be new trains and it would be open... Very odd.