A Terpy Poll?

The Interpreter

I don't think I have ever done this before, but I am curious. I don't know the answer to this one for myself, but I will tell you what I suspect.

What ONE roller coaster have you ridden, or think you have ridden, more than any other?

Believe it or not, I strongly suspect my answer to this is, of all things, Twisted Twins aka Twisted Sisters at Kentucky Kingdom. The year they opened, I went to that park more than 30 times, and rode the coasters more times than anything else in the park. I was absolutely fascinated with Lola and Stella, and they rode superbly. Like most CCI's, they needed intensive and loving care...and didn't get it.

So, what one roller coaster (yes, I know I said Twisted Sisters, but of the two, I've ridden Lola far more...the pink one...parkside) have you ridden the most or think you have?

• Like 1

For me I'd have to go with The Racer. I've ridden it every time I've been to Kings Island since I was tall enough (and that was probably about 16 or 17 years ago... ;) ), and I've been to the park quite a few times in that span. Not to mention the days where I've ridden it several times. As a guess, I think I've probably ridden it about 400 times. But I'm catching up with my favorite, Millie! I'm up to 108 now. 39 laps last year, 39 so far this year and I'm making my last trip this weekend... total count: 108. :)

A Terpy poll? Yay!

I'd have to say, Beast at Kings Island. I've been riding that coaster for years, it's the ride that turned me into a true coaster enthusiast, and I still love it despite it's reputation of being rough, trimmed, and boring. It's a great ride, reridable, and has the best finale ever. For me, a trip to Kings Island just doesn't seem right without a rideon The Beast, and I've made a tradition to end the season on it every year. I'll be riding till I die and I hope Beast is still there with me.

Oh, and Diamondback is pretty cool too....

• Like 1

Probably Diamondback haha even though I've only ridden it 87 times. After that maybe Vortex, Beast, or Son of Beast. Or Racer.

Edit: Oh and Beast1979, you're right, a trip does not cut unless you have a ride on The Beast. You know, I don't think I've ridden The Beast during the day since May.

Guest rcfreak339
I don't think I have ever done this before, but I am curious. I don't know the answer to this one for myself, but I will tell you what I suspect.

What ONE roller coaster have you ridden, or think you have ridden, more than any other?

Believe it or not, I strongly suspect my answer to this is, of all things, Twisted Twins aka Twisted Sisters at Kentucky Kingdom. The year they opened, I went to that park more than 30 times, and rode the coasters more times than anything else in the park. I was absolutely fascinated with Lola and Stella, and they rode superbly. Like most CCI's, they needed intensive and loving care...and didn't get it.

So, what one roller coaster (yes, I know I said Twisted Sisters, but of the two, I've ridden Lola far more...the pink one...parkside) have you ridden the most or think you have?

Terpy...I'm with you there. Lola and Stella rode amazingly well but just never got the care. I used to lap it. Everytime I would ride Lola 5 times then walk across the station to Stella and rode it 5 times and just did that back and fourth, for like 3 hours. I really liked that ride.

• Like 1

Like Terpy, I don't know for sure, but based upon some best estimating analysis, I think that it is Racer. These laps would have been mostly on the current Red/former Backwards side.

Trying to figure out where my ~130 Diamondback count fits (this is the first time I've counted laps and spent a lot of time focused on one coaster in a season). I believe it is well behind The Beast, but somewhere close to Beastie/FOC, Vortex, and King Cobra.

A poll by the Interpreter....THAT'S something I never thought I would see! (And if I decide to be a "poll snob" I can always hold that over him..."Oh yeah, well at least I'VE never started a poll before!") :P

Anyway, on to answering the question...since I am not an amusement park world traveler...and since the most I have ever visited another park besides Kings Island is twice, my most ridden coaster HAS to be at Kings Island...and even though I like The Beast more, my most ridden coaster is The Racer...it is also my FIRST major coaster I rode. I am not a big fan of waiting in line...so if it's a choice of riding The Beast once in an hour or The Racer five times in an hour I always opt for The Racer!

*sigh* I'm sooooo... gonna get crap for this, but I'm gonna have to say Iron Dragon at CP. I used to go every summer, and I love that ride for the sole fact that it was the coaster that got me to ride coasters. I was always terrified. In fact i remember the first time i rode it. eyes closed screaming and hyperventilating (i used to be a lot more terrified of heights when i was younger). and thats why i love it. I think thats why Top Guns a must for me too. even tho ID is soooo much better since its a bit longer and i feel like it has an ending :lol: but yeah. definately have to say its Iron Dragon lol it's a must ride first ride when i go there, even tho i haven't gone in 6 years :( i fail epically :P)

• Like 1

I must be in the minority because I have never counted how many times I have ridden a ride...... But by my guestimation and thinking back to the young age of 6 all the way up to now I would think the most I have ever ridden would be beast. Mainly because when I go to the park I have to ride every ride, for no other reason than it completes my KI day, but The Beast would be the ride I would ride first, then on my way to The Vortex, then after lunch, then on the way to the train, then out of the kiddie area.... then of course once more at night......

Well for me, the coaster I have ridden the most is hands down The Beast. Since 2000, I have ridden it 613 times. And probably a hundred or two prior to 2000. It is the first big ride that I rode when I was over coming my coaster phobia. That was back in October of 1995. Ever since that ride, I was caught hook, line and sinker! Little did I know at the time of that first ride on The Beast how much it would impact my life:

-I have spent countless hours and days at Kings Island.

-My thesis project at UC involved entertainment architecture and an indoor water park resort.

-I have spent eight years working at Coney Island, running the rides (and now as a rides manager in charge of the people running the rides).

-I have become an avid history buff to both Kings Island`s and Coney`s histories.