A Terpy Poll?

The Interpreter

The coaster I have rode the most would probably be Gemini at Cedar Point. I know one day I marathoned that ride for a good 5 hours, and it had a walk on line. But, in a close second would be the one, the only, The Beast. I guess that is a good coaster to ride a lot.

Hands Down, the Zingo at Bell's in Tulsa. I used to go at least every Friday and many Sundays or Saturdays. A long wait on the Zingo was 3 cycles, so I would normally get in over 10 rides a night, without really trying. Now she is sitting some storage building, wondering if she'll ever thrill people again :'(

• Like 1

This is an easy one for me, Vortex all the way. Ever since my first ride on it when I was a lil kid I’ve been hooked. I’m even thinking of getting a tattoo of it in some way on my back. I love this ride and have to ride it every time I’m at the park, lost count after 200 laps.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hands Down, the Zingo at Bell's in Tulsa. I used to go at least every Friday and many Sundays or Saturdays. A long wait on the Zingo was 3 cycles, so I would normally get in over 10 rides a night, without really trying. Now she is sitting some storage building, wondering if she'll ever thrill people again :'(

Yeah, in all my life I've probably only ridden SOB 50 times. I regret not riding it a lot this season, but I'll get to ride it later!

Just a reminder, we often don't know at the time when we get a one time or soon to end opportunity.

Do today what you can. We can't put off things knowing we will get a second chance. Usually we do, but not always.

Don't defer joy. It's hard sometimes. But, enjoy what you can while you can!

• Like 13

Wow, Zombie Thread LOL. Since I never saw this when it was first created, I will say that the coaster I have ridden more than any others is Mamba at WoF. I absolutely LOVE that ride, especially the first two or three ride cycles after the ride has been shut down, and then power has been restored (those who have had this experience, will know why).

• Like 1

I've never really kept count. Though I'd have to say it would be a close race between Raptor and Millennium Force (I worked at CP in 2000, the summer Millie debuted). Close 3rd and 4th would be Beast and Vortex. If this were an individual ride poll (not just coasters), it would easily be Power Tower, as that was the ride I was operator on in 2000.

I put on too much weight over the past few years so riding coasters has been challenging if not impossible. But my 3-year-old daughter is a rider. She and I have ridden Woodstock Express 6 times this year since she hit the 40 inch mark in late June. And yesterday I rode Adventure Express with my 12-year-old son.

So my official coaster count for 2012?

-Woodstock Express: 6

-Adventure Express: 1

So, so sad. Though I plan to attempt to squeeze onto The Beast after midnight very very soon!

• Like 2