A Terpy Poll?

The Interpreter

Thanks to two years of Coasting for Kids, The Racer by far. If you want me to consider Red and Blue separately, then I'm not sure, but I think Red beats Blue by a very slim margin. Even separately, they both beat any other coaster by far.

Well, the past 2 years it has been my most ridden coaster due to Coasting for Kids, but overall DB wins in total ride counts. I am hoping to hit 300 before the season ends, but not sure I will make it. You can see my DB count in my siganture!

What a bump of a topic Terpy!

• Like 1

The only reason I know for a fact its Mamba, is because I used to live 3 hours from WoF, and I would ride it proabably 8 to 10 times on every visit. I used to go 5 or 6 times a year from 1998 on (Mambas opening year), through 2007 when we moved to Indiana. The only coasters I would consider riding that often in one visit now, are Magnum, Millie, Dragster, and Maverick, and I live to far from CP to go often enough for any of those to challenge my count on Mamba for at least the next decade.

• Like 2

This is an easy one for me, Vortex all the way. Ever since my first ride on it when I was a lil kid I've been hooked. I love this ride and have to ride it every time I'm at the park, lost count after 200 laps.

That's my next Vortex ride goal...200! [Just 65 more rides (as of 10/28, my most recent trip) and I'm there!] :P But I'll still be keeping count when I surpass any number (yes, that means 200!). :)

Yeah, Vortex is also the top ride for me, by a lot. Right now I've rode it 135 times total since 2010 (when I started riding it). The second-most-ridden-by-me ride is Diamondback, which I've rode only 72 times since mid-2009. The count could have been higher, but those other opportunities were either sacrificed for last minute rides on Vortex prior to park closing (like on July 10 and October 28) or it was closed (like September 3) or the line was much too long (like August 4, especially in the evening). I feel I should step up my rhythm a little more on my riding of DB... :unsure: After all, it IS my second most favorite coaster at KI...

Third most-ridden coaster has to be Adventure Express, though it's only at 16 rides, then Flight Deck, which is also at 16, and The Beast at 8. (yes, I'm also thinking about riding the other coasters a little more as well, all while still getting my dose of Vortex rides on each and every KI trip.)

For Cedar Point, it's Magnum XL-200 at 6 rides; Iron Dragon and Gemini are at 5 rides as of my most recent CP trip on September 9. (I only go once a year--3 and a half hour drive away from my house! and also I've only been going annually since 2011). Corkscrew is close behind, with four rides total.

Loch Ness Monster is my top ride at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, at six rides (I've been there only once--on 6/26/12). Griffon and Apollo's Chariot are tied for second at two rides.

At Darien Lake, Viper is at the top with 10 rides (during the only trip there so far--on 7/25/11) and Boomerang has the second most at only 2.

For Kings Dominion, Anaconda has the most (5) and second is Shockwave (3). (I've also been to KD only once--on 4/10/12)

Python is the only coaster at Coney Island so it'll always be at the top there. ;)(though I've rode it only once...)

Edited by VortexBFForever
  • Like 2

In July of 2010, we made our only trip to New Jersey, just days before the removal of Great American Scream Machine was announced. We only got to ride it once due to downtime and rain, but the kids still speak of their once in a lifetime experience.

As for the coaster I've ridden the most, I believe The Beast has recently overtaken The Racer, which held that title for many years, due to having a three or four year head start. But back then, there were no season passes, and that lead was not large. Then, in the early days of The Beast, long lines allowed The Racer to stretch its lead. But in the last few years, we have ridden The Beast far more often, which leads me to believe it is the new leader.

• Like 3

True story:

In the late 70's, Terp was widely known for striding down formal hallowed halls each Wednesday at the noon hour, bellowing "Come to the forums! Come to the Forums!" All while loudly ringing a cowbell, much to the consternation of the more traditional!

Always tell the truth, it will amaze your friends and astound your enemies!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm going to go with The Bat (formally known as Top Gun)... only because I've ridden it 81 times since I started counting back in 2010 and probably loads of times before then. Another close frontrunner would probably be Adventure Express.

EDIT: Talking about The Bat at Kings Island.

• Like 1

Huh. I've been around for now three "lifetimes" of this thread and never responded. Might as well jump in this time around.

It seems a little cliched to say, but I'm fairly certain it's Adventure Express for me. I have no idea how many times I've ridden it, but I do know I've had multiple visits since 2008 where I rode it 5 to 10 times in a visit. Outside of Planet Snoopy, it's also the ride I have the most history with. (The farthest back I can reasonably guess having ridden it was 1996. To this day, my family will talk about how much the second lift hill scared me. We also talk about how our train stopped on that lift once--in retrospect, I'm guessing that the ride was running three trains and we just happened to stack on that lift.)

I really hope Adventure Express lasts another 24 years. I do love that ride. (Before someone says it: Runaway Mine Train at SFOT turns 50 next year. I'd argue that its intensity is comparable to AE's. Let a guy dream! :P )

• Like 2