A Terpy Poll?

The Interpreter

UPDATE!!! For me at least- Hoosier Hurricane is now BY FAR no longer my most ridden coaster, as I have still yet to revisit Indiana Beach since 1999, so it's 3 rides have been topped. The new #1 as of 2015 is The Beast at Kings Island, which I have been on 12 times. :P

The main reason for this- outside the fact it's my favorite coaster- is probably due to the fact I feel the need to usually ride Beast twice in one trip. Once in the daylight, again at night- as it seems like a very different ride at each time.

2nd place is currently held by Vortex at 8 rides- mainly because I do enjoy that coaster as well, and the line is almost never more than a half hour for it.

• Like 4

My most ridden coaster, far and away, is Vortex.

My most ridden coaster at a park that isn't Kings Island would probably be one of the Runs at Kentucky Kingdom. Most likely Thunder. I could make quite a Dinn with the praise I could give that ride. I so wish that it were at a park where I could be confident in its future. Perhaps that's why I ride it so much though... I'm not so worried about Lightning Run. It's steel and it's small, so I think its odds of seeing life at another park should Hartland close are exponentially higher than Thunder Run's.

• Like 4

As I don't track ride counts, only coaster counts, it would be hard to actually say. But, I'd be willing to bet if there was a way to recover that data, it would most likely be The Beast. 

On a side note, it actually took me a few visits last year, to purposely erase from my mind my # of Banshee rides. 

• Like 5

I remember marathoning Wild Thing one day back in 2001.  Not because it was/is a spectacular ride, but more because it was just something to do, lol.  I agree completely about the MCBR on Mamba, although I Love the feel the helix gives me before the MCBR.  I LOVE getting Mamba rides right after the ride has been shut down and then re-started, for the 2 or 3 non-MCBR runs right afterward.  As far as DB goes, there is absolutely nothing that could be done to that ride, that could make it interesting for me again.  Its just too simplistic for my likes and desires now.

• Like 2

Mine is probably The Beast. It's one of the few that I ride multiple times on each visit, unless I just don't have time. Others would be Banshee and Diamondback but as they are much newer haven't had as many visits with them.

Adventure Express I've always loved so it would probably have my second most rides as well. usually a short quick line so can get a reride easily.

• Like 3

Well, I hate to admit it, but the Cedar Creek Mine Ride at Cedar Point has given me more rides than any other coaster.  

The first full year it was open, I was able to ride 18 times in a row without getting off.  This was during the first week of June, and back then, schools were still in session.  During those 18 rides, most of the time I was the only person on the train!  My mother, who was watching me ride, was getting ill just imagining what the ride felt like.  Now, you must remember - the only other coaster in the park was the Blue Streak and the advertisement for the CCMR stated that you should "warm up on the Blue Streak before attempting a ride on the CCMR".  SO - there was reason to fear this new ride and there was reason to get ill watching it go through its circuit. 

Later in my teaching days, I felt that the CCMR was so docile, I graded final semester tests while riding when I went with my 8th graders.

How times change......

• Like 5

Easily The Beast at KI.

Not just because of multiple visits as a guest, but I was on crew for a while.  We would "test ride" at least once a day.   So needless to say, I've racked up a lot of rides on that one. 

My record of multiple rides on a coaster in one day was actually on Son of Beast.  During it's inaugural year, I was aked by the park to be the on-ride commentator for a Discovery Channel/Travel Channel special.  I believe I rode SOB 27 times virtually in a row... from like 8 in the morning until noon or so.  Several of those times was with a camera mount both in front and beside me... over and over and over...  Also I rode multiple times for off-ride long shots, short shots, lift hill shots, loop shots, rosebowl shots etc etc etc.  And I paid for it.  I liked the coaster initially, but that day did me in on the ride.  I actually attribute my bad back to that infamous day in 2000.  I could barely stand up for 2 days afterwards.  But even so, it was a great memory that serves as my life's 15 minutes of fame.  For that I am completely honored and grateful.  True story!

• Like 7