Add or change one thing at KI

shark6495

I thought this would be a fun adventure to try. Everyone has their favorite and least favorite things about KI. Here is your chance to play park manager (with no budget) make one small change to the park to improve the whole thing. This could be bringing back an old favorite or changing the color of the Eiffel Tower. You only get one change, and the change can not remove another ride to put in a new one (Crypt). Besides that no rules have fun...

My one change would be to extend the train ride to Action Zone with a stop in Coney Mall along the way. This would help usher people back and forth, while also allowing future expansion to take advantage of this "People Mover." They may have to add another train to help with station wait, but a 4 stop train ride would be great, River Town to Coney Mall to Action Zone to Water Park..... perfect.... that being said though I have no idea about the terrain but hey they can make bridges.....

Its amazing how the orchestral music made the atmosphere of International Street feel so different from the rest of the park. It really made it feel like you were entering the gates of Kings Island and leaving the realities of your everyday life at your car in the parking lot. With the same music playing on International Street as in the rest of the park, it makes arriving at the park seem "less special" if that makes any sense. Together with the fountains, the music provided a wonderful setting for making memories. Its just not the same (I guess I would say it lacks some of the charm for lack of a better term) as it once was.

This is a tough one. I'm going to go with bringing back the Bavarian Beetle. How I loved that ride, especially the sharp turns. This was a typical example of KI overdoing it in removing classic rides instead of allowing them to coexist with the new. ( Which is what is great about CP. )

Speaking of Festhaus, I would like to see some more Oktoberfest theming brought back, especially fixing the clock over the Festhaus entrance.

I agree. Oktoberfest seems to be pretty much non-existent now. It used to be one of the most charming areas of KI. Der Spinning Keggers as a matter of fact was the very first ride I rode when my dad took me to KI for the first time back in 1972.

Its amazing how the orchestral music made the atmosphere of International Street feel so different from the rest of the park. It really made it feel like you were entering the gates of Kings Island and leaving the realities of your everyday life at your car in the parking lot. With the same music playing on International Street as in the rest of the park, it makes arriving at the park seem "less special" if that makes any sense. Together with the fountains, the music provided a wonderful setting for making memories. Its just not the same (I guess I would say it lacks some of the charm for lack of a better term) as it once was.

I couldn't agree more! I'd love to hear more orchestra and pops! It goes great with the fountains!

If I could only change one thing, it would be a complete overhaul of Festhaus.

Rip out the neon beer signs and country decor

Get rid of Larosas and Panda Express

Find out who designed and built the clock, and hire that company to come in and restore it

Work out a deal to put a Hofbräuhaus franchise in there

Restore the inside of the building as necessary to make it look like it did when it opened in the early 80s

I'd also have to convince Mr. Kinzel and friends that this is a project worth spending their nickels on - a guest survey, and offering them a free dinner at Hofbräuhaus Newport should be enough though ;)

I just recently visited the Hofbräuhaus in Newport, and I think it would be a great fit for the Festhaus. Though also with the prices that are in place for food/drinks at Kings Island currently, including the current chains of Subway,Panda Express, LaRosas, Chik-Fil-A, the prices could be really high. Hofbräuhaus has some pricey food, though I do think it is really high quality and you get what you pay for. The prices if that happened within Kings Island could be really high comparing to the other chains.

Find out who designed and built the clock, and hire that company to come in and restore it

Restore the inside of the building as necessary to make it look like it did when it opened in the early 80s

I'd also have to convince Mr. Kinzel and friends that this is a project worth spending their nickels on - a guest survey, and offering them a free dinner at Hofbräuhaus Newport should be enough though ;)

I am for all of that. I would love to see actual theming return to the park and Octoberfest and the Festhaus are the perfect place to start because it is an absolute mess. How about some german music/dancing in there as well rather than a country music show.

I loved the classical music suggestions for International street, which leads to my suggestion: just more theming overall. It's one thing that I love about Disney...you really feel like you are some place far removed from the rest of the world. I love KI, just wish it had a bit more of that, as it did in years past...

RD

I am for all of that. I would love to see actual theming return to the park and Octoberfest and the Festhaus are the perfect place to start because it is an absolute mess. How about some german music/dancing in there as well rather than a country music show.

This seems to be one of the best (new) ideas to have been spoken in a long long time. HofBraeuhaus (ae in German is like an umlaut)... The prices would be higher but I am sure that for a nice restraurant people would pay it, or HB could do half servings and that would lower the prices significantly.... that being said they do have many nice German style musicians playing in Newport, very easy to get the idea to KI.....

Guest TombraiderTy

^A ride on

says otherwise ;)

Honestly, the only suggestion I really care for in this whole thread is the music on International Street... When an attraction is gone, I find it kind of trivial (and immature...) to keep complaining about it. People just don't like changes when their's a negative involved :rolleyes:

^A ride on
says otherwise ;)

Honestly, the only suggestion I really care for in this whole thread is the music on International Street... When an attraction is gone, I find it kind of trivial (and immature...) to keep complaining about it. People just don't like changes when their's a negative involved :rolleyes:

oh wow that is AWSOME!! thats what we need