PKI Left Out...Again!

Tanner

What were they smoking? I mean Six Flags Astroworld? Boasting the fourth largest collection of coasters. They only have nine, give me a break. Just goes to show you how stupid the media can get, just like all the other times.

Edited by mars1825

Plus its kind of good. Maybe Carowinds will be crowded, and KI wont. 

Yeah, I speak for a lot of people when I say this-- the more people the merrier. It definitely helps increase total revenue in all revenue generating departments, and that makes everyone happy.

Carowinds??? Really, honestly, since when is a flagship park beaten out by its sister park? But, then it is all opinion, even if the opinion is wrong. biggrin.gif

A few years ago the Discovery Channel ranked the top ten wooden and steel coasters. The Beast came in at like 7, and the Raven at Holiday was ranked 1, even thogh it was modeled as a smaller version of The Beast. I Honestly think that The Racer is a better ride than the Raven. The Raven is a decent ride, especially for a small park like Holiday World. I haven't ridden some of the other massive woodies out there, like Shivvering Timbers, but I have ridden The Boss in SFSL and Cedar Points Mean Streak. None of them come close to The Beast. Ask any true ACEr, who has ridden it and they'll tell you the same.

Just reading that made me fill with outrage! Whenever you read anything about theme parks, they always have incorrect info. Cedar Point says they have more rollercoasters than any other park, which they dont, they tie for having the most but they still say they have more then any other park. And i totally agree with what MARS 1825 said, they only have 9 coasters, but it said they had the 4 largest collectition of rollercoasters. I think what they did is they meant is the 4 largest collectition west of the mississippi river. Parks always say stuff like that to make themselves look better. What they say is correct in one way but they dont always say everything that has to go with it to make it factual.

At the very bottom of the page in little letters that blend in with the background, it say: Our editors select these lists based on editorial content and user input. Placement in our top 10 lists is not paid for. What a load of BS is that! That is beyond words. Actually having to say that placement in our top ten lists is not paid for makes it sound like even the people of citysearch didnt fully like the choices!

Just reading that made me fill with outrage! Whenever you read anything about theme parks, they always have incorrect info. Cedar Point says they have more rollercoasters than any other park, which they dont, they tie for having the most but they still say they have more then any other park. And i totally agree with what MARS 1825 said, they only have 9 coasters, but it said they had the 4 largest collectition of rollercoasters. I think what they did is they meant is the 4 largest collectition west of the mississippi river. Parks always say stuff like that to make themselves look better. What they say is correct in one way but they dont always say everything that has to go with it to make it factual.

Cedar Point doesn't say they have more coasters then any other park. hey generally use slogans along the line of the most roller coasters at a park, but just doesn't mention that SFMM also does. I also agree that PKI should be on this list. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does paramounts really have a flagship park? King's Dominion seems to have just as good a coaster collection, just better steelies.

I've only been to CP once, but the way I see it the only thing it has over PKI is more variety. Pki has nothing like Raptor, Demon Drop, and obviously MF and TFD, however I think the overall quality of rides at PKI is better. Although Raptor is my second favorite coaster after The Beast, that's probably the only one in my top ten. I haven't ridden TFD, and Mf might sneak in. Maybe if I visited CP as frequently as I do PKI things might change, but I doubt it. Next year I'm visiting Disney and Universal Orlando. I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm sure PKI will still be my favorite.

I'm new here, so hello to all. I was fortunate enough to Ride TTD and even though it only lasts 15 seconds, it is one of the wildest rides I have ever been on. I went with a friend in June and when we were launched, he tried to scream and could not because it sucked the air out of him. I think CP is awesome, and I only rank it slightly higher than PKI. MF and Magnum XL200 are two of the best steel coasters in my opinion. I also love Raptor and one of my new favs is Wicked Twister. The place where I think PKI has the advantages are the kids' area and wooden coasters. CP does not impress me with Mean Streak. But, I think Beast and SOB completely kicks its butt. I agree that CP does have the better variety. Hopefully, something will be done about this next season.

Yes I meant TTD.

I truly believe that PKI is a new major coaster (that is diiferent from anything else), and broader marketing away from taking its place on the national amusement park map. The Beast put them there 20 years ago, but nothing else the park has produced since has really drawn national attention. It would be great if Discovery or TLC would run a show about PKI. I have alot of friends out west that have never even heard of Kings Island, but they have heard of The Beast, they also saw the old Brady Bunch episode. When I gave them this imformation, they swore to a pilgrimage to PKI next year. True coaster and park enthusiasts across the nation know about PKI, but I'm not sure that the media does. I live about the same distance from PKI as I do from SF ST. Louis. There is SF advertising all over the place, but nothing for PKI. I know the difference so I only go to SF if I'm dragged there, but I go to PKI as often as possible.

This one burns me up as well. What people and the press fail to recognize is that PKI has become a major player in the Amusement Park biz and haven't been around half as long as most. I have also heard the claim every year that CP has the most and I know that SFMM has the same amount. But, it seems to me that CP has most of them working on a regular basis where SFMM seems to have a lot more break-downs. I could be wrong, though.