Photos Of Halloween Haunt Construction

Jasper

Death's Office is in the Emporium, next to the candy section of the store and opposite the Frozen Lemonade stand that sits next to the Bandstand stage. In 2008 he temporarily switched area codes when he moved to the Spotlight Souvenirs window next to the stairs leading up to the International Restaurant.

Personally, I enjoyed Dead Awakening and thought it was an amazin show. I still have about 12 songs from the show on my iPhone and they all remind me of Haunt. As far as the mature theme, no don't it is intended for MATURE audiences by far. I am going to really miss this show a lot but I'm sure Hot Blooded will be a great replacement. Slaughterhouse looks like it is goin to be one of the most gorey mazes KI has ever seen. The pictures of skinless skeletons and from the description, dead animals are going to make it very exciting. Halloween Haunt is looking great in the pictures.

Posted from my iPhone!!!

I originally wrote Slaughterhouse off as a gimmick to further shove the More Gore, More Mature theme down everyone's throats. However, from what I've seen and heard about the maze, I may be wrong about my previous assumptions and this may finally be the house to put Kings Island back on the map when it comes to talk about theme park haunts. Granted, it's not the most creative maze idea they've done (I'd have rather seen an attempt at a Doll Factory-type maze), but it should be an amazing experience to walk through regardless.

EDIT: I'm also expecting Hot Blooded to blow Dead Awakening out of the water. It's that good.

• 2 weeks later...
There's a lot of skinless stuff in the slaughter house, eh? How often do you think people will see that skeleton MJ and say, "Too soon!"?

I wouldn't think it would be up for too long before someone complains. Just like the Vick scene set up in a previous Haunt event.

The Vick scene was Very Funny...Tell all to get a life if they don't like it!!!

That isn't the way it works. The park and its owners are in business to make money, both short term and long term. They quite frankly couldn't care less if someone "gets a life" or not. If something offends enough of the park's paying or potentially paying customers, sponsors, unit holders, etc. such that they will no longer contribute nickels toward Cedar Fair's revenue, then it goes bye-bye. If not, it stays, or that seems to be the current standard. I'd assume the same is true of the rides and staff. So long as they contribute more toward Cedar Fair's long term existence and profitability than they cost, they stay and are paid accordingly. If, however, the company deems that no longer to be the case, they are dismissed. Cedar Fair is by no means unique in this.

The amusement business is, first of all, a business. Some people seem to forget that from time to time.