Xcelerator cable loose

after watching that video a few more times it looks like the boy discovered the somthing happend to his leg and dad was trying to either franticly move somthing or check his leg. its outta view so we cant tell but it defently looks like there was a problem down by the boys legs. and at one point in the video it looks like the boy kinda passes out a bit and then says "darn, My leg" then during the roll back the boy says "oh , S***" i would like to see what the outcome was ....

Yeah, it does look alarming.

I am wonding if broken parts of the cable/ catch car assembly got wedged in between the track & seat bolts and actually broke the bolt off which caused the seat to move.

I have no idea on how those seats are bolted to the frame of the car, I'm just throwing a wild stab out there because the seat doesn't move until over halfway through the roll-back.

Yeah, it does look alarming.

I am wonding if broken parts of the cable/ catch car assembly got wedged in between the track & seat bolts and actually broke the bolt off which caused the seat to move.

I have no idea on how those seats are bolted to the frame of the car, I'm just throwing a wild stab out there because the seat doesn't move until over halfway through the roll-back.

Ya I had to watch it over like 10 times to make sure it wasn't the camera playing tricks, I then line the seat up with the seat behind it. It def comes forwards thats for sure.

Screamscape have few picture showing off the broken cable bits and torn and bent brake fins piled up on top of the launch track as well as a couple of pictures showing off the extensive damage to the front of the Xcelerator train body.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/knott_s_berry_farm.htm

wow!!!!!!! looks like the cable cut the front of the ride in half.:(

• 1 year later...