Best LOOKING coaster at Kings Island

McSalsa

And McSalsa returns with yet another poll. :lol:

This time around, we are rating the coasters based on their looks. Face it- before you ride most roller coasters, you LOOK at them from afar. Perhaps from the Eiffel Tower. This poll will determine which of KI's coasters looks the best, and leaves you starting in awe (well, if a coaster can do that...).

Quick FAQ:

"Where are Beast, Flight of Fear, and Adventure Express?"

Those rides are not visible from "normal" locations within the park, save Beast's lift hills. I decided to exclude him because we need to see more of a coaster than that. Adventure Express is buried in trees and Flight of Fear is INSIDE A BUILDING.

If you don't like polls...you know the drill. ;)

My Pick:

Sorry folks...

Son of Beast

Never rode it, but seeing that much wood stacked so high in the air is simply impressive just to stare at. Vortex is second, it looks great with its new "black-ish" and orange paintjob, and Diamondback also looks amazing. Racer comes in 4th, though it would be the winner if I were judging them from afar (it loses a LOT of points when you look closer and see the condition of the paint). :wacko:

You cannot see Firehawk driving into the park because it's in the back. I'm sorry, but same goes for Flight Deck.

Neither is FOC or LBGC! I mean maybe if you're in that section of Nick U but that's it. BL too. That is the tiniest coaster!

So you can see all of those in the middle of the park? Well, no. The only ones are DB, Racer, Sonny, Invertigo and Vortex.

You cannot see Firehawk driving into the park because it's in the back. I'm sorry, but same goes for Flight Deck.

Neither is FOC or LBGC! I mean maybe if you're in that section of Nick U but that's it. BL too. That is the tiniest coaster!

So you can see all of those in the middle of the park? Well, no. The only ones are DB, Racer, Sonny, Invertigo and Vortex.

I meant all rides visible from SOMEWHERE in the park, and a good portion of the ride must be visible. The 3 that aren't selectable don't qualify for this.

Hope this clears that up.

I meant all rides visible from SOMEWHERE in the park, and a good portion of the ride must be visible. The 3 that aren't selectable don't qualify for this.

How is it for FOC, and Firehawk? No comprehende.

By far, SoB. When I see the structure, I automatically think of what I like about the ride and instantly want to ride it. Too bad what I like about the ride is only everything from the station to the bottom of the first drop. And yet that's still enough to pull me in for a ride now and again. Curse you, RCCA and Mr. Stengel, and your guest-attracting designs! ;):lol:

How is it for FOC, and Firehawk? No comprehende.

Go by the entrance to either of those rides and you see them, don't you? When I'm in line for Firehawk (or even before getting in line), I can see it running. :)

You WOULD show a picture that you took yourself, Ryan. :P

But anyway, people are gonna flame me for this (might as well throw me into the Slaughterhouse while you're at it), so I'll just come out and say it:

Backlot Stunt Coaster.

The weird abstract Los Angeles Metro area looks cool when walking down either path by the Floral Clock. I think it's because part of it sits on top of a hill and goes down into a small ravine that makes it seem intimidating. Not to mention the fire effects at night light up the whole back half of Coney (and made cornSTALKERS and worksite scarier back in the day).

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so if you look at The Racer in its original form of paint as well as the scooby doo/beastie/fairly odd coaster/<insert stupid Planet Snoopy name here>'s paint they were truly beautiful! now however they have a faded version of their late paramount paint job.

The Beast being stained yearly is a work of true art which helps define its legacy

Diamondback is beautiful... just like every other hyper coaster... <_<

id say the true craftsmanship and beauty belongs to S.O.B its archecture and complexity is almost mind boggling

You WOULD show a picture that you took yourself, Ryan. :P

But anyway, people are gonna flame me for this (might as well throw me into the Slaughterhouse while you're at it), so I'll just come out and say it:

Backlot Stunt Coaster.

The weird abstract Los Angeles Metro area looks cool when walking down either path by the Floral Clock. I think it's because part of it sits on top of a hill and goes down into a small ravine that makes it seem intimidating. Not to mention the fire effects at night light up the whole back half of Coney (and made cornSTALKERS and worksite scarier back in the day).

oh its great but the fact its a generic ride that is the same at every park kinda ruins it in some ways for me. I like your perspective i would never have thought backlot until i read this.

And McSalsa returns with yet another poll. :lol:

This time around, we are rating the coasters based on their looks. Face it- before you ride most roller coasters, you LOOK at them from afar. Perhaps from the Eiffel Tower. This poll will determine which of KI's coasters looks the best, and leaves you starting in awe (well, if a coaster can do that...).

Quick FAQ:

"Where are Beast, Flight of Fear, and Adventure Express?"

Those rides are not visible from "normal" locations within the park, save Beast's lift hills. I decided to exclude him because we need to see more of a coaster than that. Adventure Express is buried in trees and Flight of Fear is INSIDE A BUILDING.

If you don't like polls...you know the drill. ;)

But the tunnel got some good paint. lol

My Pick:

Sorry folks...

Son of Beast

Never rode it, but seeing that much wood stacked so high in the air is simply impressive just to stare at. Vortex is second, it looks great with its new "black-ish" and orange paintjob, and Diamondback also looks amazing. Racer comes in 4th, though it would be the winner if I were judging them from afar (it loses a LOT of points when you look closer and see the condition of the paint). :wacko: