Another Season Pass Question

AdventureExpresser

This past spring I went to Carowinds over the Easter Weekend, remember that they open before Kings Island does for the season. I had renewed our platinum passes at Halloween Haunt the year before at my home park, Kings Island. Well of course they didn't redo the cards or pictures, just took my money and said they are renewed with no receipt, so I didn't think anything about it because I watched the attendant do all the renewal with the computer. Well when we went to enter Carowinds, our passes kept showing declined, my blood started to instantly boil. Of course the first thing they wanted to see was receipts, they didn't give any out when I renewed them and who would have thought you would have to carry it with you. They called park management over because I was getting ready to blow after driving all this way to get this especially after spending $280 to renew these passes. Well of course they wanted to call Kings Island and get it straightened out, but guess what Kings Island isn't opened yet, and it is a Saturday. So we waited at Guest Relations for almost an hour while the employees were trying to figure out what was going on, finally someone high up in the ranks was called over and she somehow accessed Kings Island's renewals through the computer, she said the reason it couldn't be found was that Kings Island had not downloaded this info yet, because their operating season had not began. Now if we have access to all these parks shouldn't these passes be ready to go when the first park opens. I called Kings Island the other day to see if there would be a chance of this happening again and they said YES, Why not fix this glitch, it was suggested to me to purchase my Platinum Passes through Carowinds, I don't want to do that since Kings Island is my home base. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

For that very reason, my Platinum Pass renewal was processed as if it were a new pass, and I was given a 2010 Platinum Pass, not good until next year, and told to keep using my 2009 pass until then. They also doublechecked that the 2010 pass does work. It does.

I also kept the receipt, which is in an envelope that will travel with me to Cedar Fair parks for the next year.

For that very reason, my Platinum Pass renewal was processed as if it were a new pass, and I was given a 2010 Platinum Pass, not good until next year, and told to keep using my 2009 pass until then. They also doublechecked that the 2010 pass does work. It does.

I also kept the receipt, which is in an envelope that will travel with me to Cedar Fair parks for the next year.

How much are the passes when you do it that way, so what you are saying is that when they see at the carowinds the 2010 date on it then they won't give me as hard a time as what I experienced. Will Kings Island process 2010 passes right now, this isn't a card that can't be ready until a later date is it or can it be done on the spot when I come for Halloween Haunt

I paid the same exact $145 I would have for a renewal. There is no date on the 2010 pass, but it is a 2010 pass, and is black with silver. My old one is white with silver. It was processed on the spot, at Kings Island. The following weekend, I was at Cedar Point, where I could have bought the same pass for $5 less and gotten a Cedar Fair VIP jacket and a half price ticket to Cedar Point for a friend, but also waited in a much longer line to process unless I had arrived very early.

I paid the same exact $145 I would have for a renewal. There is no date on the 2010 pass, but it is a 2010 pass, and is black with silver. My old one is white with silver. It was processed on the spot, at Kings Island. The following weekend, I was at Cedar Point, where I could have bought the same pass for $5 less and gotten a Cedar Fair VIP jacket and a half price ticket to Cedar Point for a friend, but also waited in a much longer line to process unless I had arrived very early.

I have one other question for you also, just came back from Kings Dominion over Labor Day and they were having sales on merchandise for their gold season pass holders, are we supposed to get the same discounts if we show them our Platinum Pass because they told me that was only for KD Gold pass holders.

You should have gone to Guest Relations at once. Platinum Passholders get all discounts and privileges that Cedar Fair's local park passholders get, gold, platinum or what have you...

I appreciate your answers to my questions. I will once again be at Carowinds for Easter next year, maybe this time I won't spend all my time at Guest Relations. I am hoping the new coaster will be open but I notice they are just saying Spring of 2010, I guess that doesn't hold them down to explaining to people if it isn't opened, but I will keep my fingers crossed