Are You Glad Kings Island Pulled the Displays of Dead Celebrities from Haunt?

BoddaH1994

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be truthful I say this is "much ado about nothing...." I may not agree with most people on here but look the skeletons were put up for a slight laugh. I agree with this, its suppose to be fun, scary, and enjoyable. KI most likely crossed the line with the gun and pill bottles (because it is too soon) but taking out all of the celebrities is just KI trying to be too safe.

The thing is if you dont like something dont view it, ride it, or walk through it.

Just my humble opinion.....

NO, I'm NOT GLAD!!! I'm actually mad, people need to grow a sense of humor & stop being easily offended by every stinkin little fart in the wind. Life is short and then we die. At least leave something that people can remember you by. I would consider it an honor and privalage that someone would go to great extences to imitate me. Weather it be talkin/lookin/actin like me or even be it a skeleton of me in a haunted attraction. Everyone just needs to step back, pull the stick out of there you know where, and stop gettin mad about somethin that doesn't even amount to a hill of beans.

Sorry, end of rant, we now bring you back to your regularly schedualed topic :)

No I'm not. I mean they might have been bad in taste but that just shows how much confidence a park has. When they publicize something that causes an uproar on the internet, then don't pull through?

EDIT: Oh and I completely agree with Rotag. I think people should stop being heavily offended by these type of things. It's not like they're displaying these at the arts and crafts show.

I think the scenes would have gone over better if they had put the skeletons in positions portraying things that the celebrities were more well known for. Like show McNair with a football in hand about to pass it. Or Ledger in his Joker costume.

I'd be all for something like that. For instance, if they had an Elvis skeleton, I'd much rather see him in front of a microphone than laying next to a toilet with his pants around his ankles.

Why show the actual way they died? That's just morbid. If you want to use it as an excuse to "remember" the dead, then remember what made them famous in the first place, not the circumstances of their end.

no one would be upset if they had a Ben Rothlisberger skeleton laying out there.... just saying its all relative. And if they had the Orchestra guy who died dressed in a skeleton then I am okay with it....... the olny part that crossed the line was showing the way they died.... Dave Thomas skeleton in a wendy's uniform was funny......

no one would be upset if they had a Ben Rothlisberger skeleton laying out there.... just saying its all relative.

And I believe they've done stuff like that in the past. I believe they had a scene one year (or multiple years) that showed skeletons playing football and I believe one of the ones on the bench was Chad Johnson (had an 85 jersey). I mean, that's just a funny scene of skeletons acting like football players. It's not portraying an actual event.

no one would be upset if they had a Ben Rothlisberger skeleton laying out there.... just saying its all relative.

And I believe they've done stuff like that in the past. I believe they had a scene one year (or multiple years) that showed skeletons playing football and I believe one of the ones on the bench was Chad Johnson (had an 85 jersey). I mean, that's just a funny scene of skeletons acting like football players. It's not portraying an actual event.

would it be wrong though if they had a skeleton on the field with a bills jersey? (Kevin Everett)

I wouldn't say so. Like I said, I'd be fine with them showing McNair as a skeleton playing ball because it's what he was known for and what he loved to do. Everett loved football and probably wouldn't mind seeing that for himself either.

Now if they had a skeleton with his jersey on and it was lying on the ground with a paramedic crew around it like a scene of him after his career ending injury; again, that's just bad taste.