Are You Glad Kings Island Pulled the Displays of Dead Celebrities from Haunt?

BoddaH1994

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOBTOM makes a good point about the grace period. Just like 9/11, no one joked about it for a long time out of respect to those who died and their loved ones. People have feelings. Don't act like they're wrong for having them.

Many of the skeletons were depicting a pretty shady side of those who died. Maybe it's unfair to show their shortcomings. Maybe it's a life (or after life) lesson learned.

NO VOTE

I don't know that I'm glad they got pulled; quite honestly they should have never been up in the first place. If that's the kind of creativity that is being swelled around- the labor market must not be as tight as what I'm reading.

If nothing is truly off limits why not place a pair of white towers side by side with skeletons falling next to them and a skeleton of a plane about to plow in to them. no, that's not funny- or even amusing for that matter. Life goes on for most of the country on that- but if someone you knew died on the 105th floor it's still pretty personal to you (i didn't by the way). For people who knew, loved, and were family members of these "objects" that some group of grown adult decided was a good idea to make light of- it's personal. When I die- i could care less if the whole world makes light of my name; i wouldn't care, I'd be dead. But those I leave behind might.... and may not be "offended" by it- but just plain hurt.

And that's what I think this argument is about- its not about needing thicker skin or offending people- those people can go somewhere else if they're offended. It's the person 500 miles away from the park that has no attachment or ever visited but has to know that they're loved one's death (lets use Farah Faucett- someone's child, spouse, mother, friend, etc...) is an object of amusement. They're loved one has been reduced to a marketing stunt (gone terribly bad). That's not offensive, that's just plain hurtful.... and the staff of Kings Island should have known better.

How am I missing the point? Ki should take down decorations because 1 family won't come to Halloween Haunt?

I my opinion Kings Island has had no back bone this year. Whether it from line-jumping to 1 person or family having attractions removed or shut down because they don't like it.

Like I said on the other thread, we should not treat people like McNair like saints when clearly he was not a saint. If we can't laugh at people mistakes what can we laugh at? If we can't get scared by a suicide or overdose scene at an Haunt attraction then what can we be afraid of?

How am I missing the point? Ki should take down decorations because 1 family won't come to Halloween Haunt?

I my opinion Kings Island has had no back bone this year. Whether it from line-jumping to 1 person or family having attractions removed or shut down because they don't like it.

Like I said on the other thread, we should not treat people like McNair like saints when clearly he was not a saint. If we can't laugh at people mistakes what can we laugh at? If we can't get scared by a suicide or overdose scene at an Haunt attraction then what can we be afraid of?

Wow. umm- don't know where to begin on this.

Firstly, I'm not saying that people should be treated like saints. In McNair's case, he was murdered. marital infidelity is wrong- i'm not defending that, but he was murdered. And it wasn't even like 10 years ago... ikt was maybe 10 weeks. And the attractions weren't removed because they received complaints from 1 person or family. If I were to guess and you spoke with someone in the park- they likely got inundated with phone calls, emails, letters, etc...

Yes, absolutely yes- I can laugh at people's mistakes all day. These people are dead- and not all by their doing. They will never receive a second chance at anything again. Game over; next stop- heaven or he##. is that something to find humor in?

Your thoughts on your post resonate "college-age."

I sorta agree with you. It was somting people got offended to easily over, but I can understand that people were up their A**es about it. It turened into bad publisty. They have a back bone, and they are just doing busness

I sorta agree with you. It was somting people got offended to easily over, but I can understand that people were up their A**es about it. It turened into bad publisty. They have a back bone, and they are just doing busness

?

Wow. umm- don't know where to begin on this.

Firstly, I'm not saying that people should be treated like saints. In McNair's case, he was murdered. marital infidelity is wrong- i'm not defending that, but he was murdered. And it wasn't even like 10 years ago... ikt was maybe 10 weeks. And the attractions weren't removed because they received complaints from 1 person or family. If I were to guess and you spoke with someone in the park- they likely got inundated with phone calls, emails, letters, etc...

Yes, absolutely yes- I can laugh at people's mistakes all day. These people are dead- and not all by their doing. They will never receive a second chance at anything again. Game over; next stop- heaven or he##. is that something to find humor in?

Your thoughts on your post resonate "college-age."

I am willing to bet that most of the people who called or emailed KI mad off like me, sports fans or movie buffs or fans of that particular celeb, who were not planning on going to HH anyway, which is why KI should not of backed down. People who a lot like coaster enthusiats, enjoy one thing way too much. That was seen this year with SOB, you had the people who hated SOB with their life and go to jail to illegaly burn it down, then you had your people who would defend SOB with their life.

In the case of McNair, he was retired for a year. The last team he played for was the Baltimore Ravens. There was no proof that skeleton was Steve McNair beside the fact McNair is known for his Tennessee years. Ki could of defended themselves with the fact they did not use a Baltimore snack bowl helmet and used a Tennessee snack bowl helmet. It was Tennessee fans that act like this guy was a saint and wont admit he put himself in that situation.

Please use spell check.

Your grammer is a slaughter on the English language and should be put in a scene at HH. Now THAT would be funny.

In the case of McNair, he was retired for a year. The last team he played for was the Baltimore Ravens. There was no proof that skeleton was Steve McNair beside the fact McNair is known for his Tennessee years. Ki could of defended themselves with the fact they did not use a Baltimore snack bowl helmet and used a Tennessee snack bowl helmet. It was Tennessee fans that act like this guy was a saint and wont admit he put himself in that situation.

Not that I'm offended, but I still see how people could be, but wanted to add, they also had his shirt with a #9 painted on it which was McNair's number.

Personally, I hated the guy as a player because he played for 2 of my least favorite teams (Titans and Ravens) and he wouldn't stop winning; but please stop saying that he "put himself in that situation".

He had a relationship with a woman. He didn't know she was going to kill him. People get married to people who are normal when they are together and then they snap and kill their spouses. Did they put themselves in that situation? Seriously, get off the high horse. People make mistakes and people usually learn from them (or hopefully get the opportunity to). You might do good to remember that when you make a mistake instead of flat out condemning.

Guest TombraiderTy

Please use spell check.

Your grammer is a slaughter on the English language and should be put in a scene at HH. Now THAT would be funny.

I find that too many younger and newer members don't seem to care about using correct spelling or grammar... Quite a hassle to read their posts.

Please use spell check.

Me dosnt evan getted wats you measd

Please use spell check.

I find that too many younger and newer members don't seem to care about using correct spelling or grammar... Quite a hassle to read their posts.

thank you; that's where I was going with the enormous "?"

- somting

- to (should have been "too"

- added an extra syllable to the word turned

- publisty

- and EVERYONE knows that busness- should be spelled "bid'ness"

I can understand completely. It is undeniable that we have and uprour of incopreious and indiligent juvinine deliquents. It in indublity sound that we just execesise collectiveable utter towards them.

Nice attempt to use large words, but I think all of them, except for undeniable, is spelled incorrectly. Indubitably.

Guest TombraiderTy

^^Put away the thesaurus, pay attention in school, and learn how to actually spell and use proper grammar. Or at least download Google Chrome as your web browser- it features a spell-check. I have no intention to be rude, but it isn't fair for you to ignore proper spelling and grammar while everybody else struggles to understand what you're saying.

I can understand completely. It is undeniable that we have and uprour of incopreious and indiligent juvinine deliquents. It in indublity sound that we just execesise collectiveable utter towards them.

Nice attempt to use large words, but I think all of them, except for undeniable, is spelled incorrectly. Indubitably.

I made most of them up TylerRider1 Jacka**0

So they are spelled right 1up!!

^^Put away the thesaurus, pay attention in school, and learn how to actually spell and use proper grammar. Or at least download Google Chrome as your web browser- it features a spell-check. I have no intention to be rude, but it isn't fair for you to ignore proper spelling and grammar while everybody else struggles to understand what you're saying.

+1 I totally agree. Not only does his grammar and spelling suck, he makes random and nonsense posts about subjects, and quotes random posts for no reason.

^^^Actually, all but I think one of those are real words if they get spelled correctly.

He had a relationship with a woman. He didn't know she was going to kill him. People get married to people who are normal when they are together and then they snap and kill their spouses. Did they put themselves in that situation? Seriously, get off the high horse. People make mistakes and people usually learn from them (or hopefully get the opportunity to). You might do good to remember that when you make a mistake instead of flat out condemning.

He was actually cheating on his wife with this woman. He was already married. It's sad that his wife had to find out this way though.

He was actually cheating on his wife with this woman. He was already married. It's sad that his wife had to find out this way though.

I know he was cheating on his wife, but some people have been making statements like he deserved what he got for that, or he knew what he was walking into? I'm sorry, but everyone has skeletons in their closets, pun intended, but that doesn't exactly mean that they deserve to die for them.

I am so Sooo disappointed about this topic. People believe that they are being more grown up or "MATURE" involving this topic by trying to belittle other people for having morals and standards. This is not maturity at all. In fact. Come a little closer. Its the complete polar opposite. It is the people in this world who have qualities and lines that can be crossed that make the good in the world. It is the people with no values and nothing to believe in who allow society to become a worse place for our children. I would like to stress that I am not angry with responses, just overcome in disappointment.