Haunt is Back and Better Than Ever!

BoddaH1994

• 3 weeks later...

We went on the 23rd. There were hardly any roaming monsters, and only a few were willing to interact.

The Clowns and the Slaughterhouse were good. I have a fear of mummers, so naturally, being a Midwesterner, and spending my youth running through cornfields, I like Cornstalkers.

The evening was not as exciting as last years excursion, it's almost as if the whole evening was dulled down compared to last year.

The Coney Island Midway was barren. Last year it was steeped in monsters.

My big complaint was waiting an hour for Flight of Fear. It seemed they only had one car, and the crew were being very pokey and talking and joking with each other seemed more important than doing their work.

Also, patrons, please watch what you eat, as a favor to the other patrons.

In that hour long wait for Flight of Fear, we were trapped behind a young lady that had such terrible silent but deadly gas that I was suggesting sotto voce to my party that if someone is that sick, they should go home, and not make others sick with their noxious fumes. It was noticeable six people back from her.

Another request to the patrons of the park, please I beg you. Be scared. Just walk in and laugh and be scared. The monsters need something to react to other than "I'm too cool." What's better than waiting in line and hearing the screams of people from within the Scarezone? When someone gets into the spirit of being scared, the monsters work harder, then the other people in your group get scared, the monsters work even harder, etc., and it works for both of you. We all have fun.

We went on the 23rd. There were hardly any roaming monsters, and only a few were willing to interact...

The evening was not as exciting as last years excursion, it's almost as if the whole evening was dulled down compared to last year.

The Coney Island Midway was barren. Last year it was steeped in monsters.

Was beginning to think I was the only one that noticed this. Or at least was willing to admit it. Haunt '09 pales in comparison to Haunt '08. Don't get me started on the anticlimactic opening at the front gate. Talk about let down.

Another request to the patrons of the park, please I beg you. Be scared. Just walk in and laugh and be scared. The monsters need something to react to other than "I'm too cool." What's better than waiting in line and hearing the screams of people from within the Scarezone? When someone gets into the spirit of being scared, the monsters work harder, then the other people in your group get scared, the monsters work even harder, etc., and it works for both of you. We all have fun.

If the monsters gave anything more than a half-hearted effort to scare people, I would agree with you. But as you said at the start of your post, it's almost as if the event was dulled down. Don't get me wrong, there were some monsters that were giving it their all. But on the whole, it was not what it was or what it should/could be. Death Row was a joke (was great fun in '08), Slaughterhouse was not scary at all, and for all the hype about Massacre Manor it was pretty weak. Trail of Terror was pretty good, and CarnEvil was ok, but the 3-D theming and effect was great.

And then there's park operations... ONE train operation on several coasters on a Friday night? :blink:

Hot Blooded - This live stage show inherits the new-found legacy of over-the-top Halloween shows found at Kings Island and does not disappoint! A classic rock sound track, incredible special effects, pyrotechnics and plenty of blood populate this after-life revue. This is the "do not miss" attraction of Haunt 2009!

DEFINITELY a must see show.. and it is indeed only intended for mature audiences. I saw it, and also got to tell Don Helbig about my thoughts on the show. If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest that you do.