Halloween Haunt 9/25/09

kiruler102

Note: my opinions are only mine, do not take them and depend on mine. These rating i am giving them are what i think they deserve, but i do not mean to harm anyone who works in those haunts.)

AFter a Terribly LONG week at school this week. I couldnt WAIT for yesterday (friday).

We lefted KY at 5 to get up there early. We got ot Mason at 5:45 and went to popeyes and got chicken. We got to the park at 6:30.

We entered the parking lot to see it farely light.

At 7 the haunt opened up and the monsters RAN out to the entrance. It was AWESOME!!!!.

Watching everyone scream in terror was great. :D

We got inside and saw Danielle. She joined us and told us that she had to leave early and wanted to go through all of the haunts. So we headed to Slaughter House.

Slaughter House started out ok but ended up being pretty boring. I think they shouldnt open this one up til 8 due to the small areas outside. It was still light out so i could see some stuff. But overall i give it a 7/10. I jumped 2 times but overall it was a better haunt then some of the other ones.

Next was Club Blood. We waited about 5minutes for this one. It was TERRIBLE!!! Last year was better, i am not saing the acting was bad, becuase it was good but the club was playing Smooth, Slow music. They need to play TECHNO or something. Overall i give it a 3/10. It was short, not that scary, and not that good.

AFter that me and danielle were sort of upset that CB wasnt better than last year, and wanted to go through more haunts. It was only 7:25 and had some time before 8 for the outdoor haunts. We then decided to go to Massacre Manor.

AFter looking forever for the entrance we finally found it and waited about 10 minutes for this one.

All i have to say is WOW. Awesome, it was so good i went thorugh it 2 times. The actors got me each time, the strobes add that extra effect. Well worth it. THe only thing that was missing was the tubes hanging from the wall in complete darkness. But overall i give it a 10/10. Well done Massacre Manor.

After that we decided to go to Death Row. We waited about 10 minutes for this and I was delirious and nervous. I got lost from my group, got aked a various of questions from the inmates and ran into a few mirrors and doors. Overall i very good haunt. Better than last year. 9/10

Next it was about 8:15 so we went to TOT. We waited about 30 minutes for this one as they were letting small groups in so it could be better. And so we wouldnt run into the other group. We were in a group of 6 and half of the group went too fast and it ended up being 2 groups of 3. This haunt was good, missing a few key elements from last year. but overall very good. 7/10.

Me and my friend andrew wanted to ride FH since it was a WALKON!!!! we rode it and Danielle and my dad waited for us. When we got off i found out Danielle Lefted us and she never returned :( so we rode FOF :)

We then went up to try and find her, but we couldnt so i got a ride on DB.

We went through Tombstone Terror-tory. It was a 30 minute wait. 15 for train, and 15 to get to haunt. overall it was a good haunt. BUT they didnt say anything about the path being SLIPPERY i almost fell and a actor laughed. :( it made me mad and my dad told a staff worker at the exit.

Afer that we went to get our Night ride on beast. We waited about 10 minutes and got the middle of the train.

We then headed toward US and went there. It was a 30 minute wait. This was BETTER than last year. I give it a 8/10.

Cemetary Drive i give it a 7/10 it was Foggy, hard to see and i ran into a tombstone :P.

Cut Throat Cove was very hard to find the entrance. There were 2 people in line and i ended up going though by myself and a Staff worker came through with me. It was short. Like3 minutes to walk through. and only 1 good scare. 4/10

We rode AE which IMO is AWESOME at night.

Itr was 1215 and i was tired so i went through Cornstalkers and lefted. 4/10

Thanks for reading!!!

Note: my opinions are only mine, do not take them and depend on mine. These rating i am giving them are what i think they deserve, but i do not mean to harm anyone who works in those haunts.)

That's what I find interesting about the haunt trip reports...they vary SO much person to person...you knocked things that other people praised and vice-versa...I guess haunt depends not only on your own personal tastes but the time you go through a paticular haunt.

Thanks for the report! :)

Yeah. This year had no comparison to last year. I didn't like it this year. It was all boring. My favorite this year was urgent scare which was my least fav last year! It probably had to do with the wayyy too Many people I knew in there. There wasn't as many roamers as last year either. I got really annoyed with people walking so slow that I normally was walking alone at the end which helped bc it was funny walking alone through the haunts.

Tombstone doesn't get a rating?

Can't do much about the rainy weather on a concrete path in the woods. If I see people slip I tell them to watch their step.

That's nice. Tell them to watch their step after falling. :lol: I don't know, I would think it would be common sense to be careful when it is wet out. Nice trip report though.

If I was to rate Tombstone Terror-Tory on my experience last night, i would give it a 2/10. The trail was alright, but the worker letting people in was aweful. They got a bit behind, so they let about 40-50 people in at once!!!!! (NOT KIDDING)!!! I couldnt believe the amount of people that come flooding in behind us down the path... unbelievable...

And if I were the park's general manager and I was reliably informed that you laughed when it was reported to you as a responsible staff member that another staff member laughed when a guest fell, I'd ask you if it was true. If you admitted it, I might give you a second chance. Maybe. If you lied and I was sure you lied, I'd fire you. Laughing at guests' misfortunes is step one towards a lawsuit. And parks don't need those.

I'm not trying to argue, but as immature as it is, it's a natural reaction for some people to chuckle or laugh if someone slips or falls. As far as I know the guy could have been in character and wasn't necessarily laughing personally at this guy but using it a part of his act. If the guy fell and broke an arm and some one laughed I could see it being a big deal but this guy didn't even fall he just slipped a little bit.. that's hardly a big deal.

Lots of people were having trouble finding the entrance to Cut Throat... signs are out, but the areas they are in are not very lit up. I worked the exit yesterday, and directed several people in the right direction. I truly think tonight was better for us. We had more fog. Also, I think the haunt atmosphere in general was better tonight.

That's nice. Tell them to watch their step after falling. :lol: I don't know, I would think it would be common sense to be careful when it is wet out. Nice trip report though.

What do you expect me to do? Stand out in the open telling people to watch their step? Lol, no I'm going to do my job scaring people; rain or shine! But if someone acutally falls down, you do see if they're okay....that's working/not working/inside KI/outside KI.

Magic Man - I DO believe that a haunt is made or broken by how many people are in a group. I've been through attractions before where it's pretty much a constant line. I'm sorry to hear that you were apart of that; I'd never let that happen if I was a greeter. I really don't understand how that happens.

speaking of trip reports...

did anyone else find hot blooded to be... gross and loud?

i certainly did especially sitting with my mom :blink:

didnt really get a story line out of it like i did from dead awakening...

just curious

and i know what you meaqn about slippery floors, my cousin fell on her butt in the middle of tombstone terror-tory

but instead, two or three scaractors asked her if she was ok

What do you expect me to do? Stand out in the open telling people to watch their step? Lol, no I'm going to do my job scaring people; rain or shine! But if someone acutally falls down, you do see if they're okay....that's working/not working/inside KI/outside KI.

I was kidding, hence the :lol:.

I almost fell walkin down a ramp, i had hiking boots on and i was creeping down, but i still managed to lose my balance. Thts the only haunt that didnt tell me to be careful it may be slick. Thanks to the other ones :). TheCut throat Cove usher at the VF exit was very nice and so was the one before entering the REAL haunt. The staff at CTC was very nice and i could tell they were happy to scare, but the haunt was too bright to do any REAL scares.

If I was to rate Tombstone Terror-Tory on my experience last night, i would give it a 2/10. The trail was alright, but the worker letting people in was aweful. They got a bit behind, so they let about 40-50 people in at once!!!!! (NOT KIDDING)!!! I couldnt believe the amount of people that come flooding in behind us down the path... unbelievable...

It could be the supervisors fault as well. I know i've been told in the past to let in larger groups at a time. Especially if its trail and the rains coming, ppl would rather get through it then get stuck int he rain/mud.

I always thought Club Blood was really good at the beginning and at the end but the middle was mostly generic. I'd probably give it higher than a 3/10, but I do agree that they should bring back the techno in the dance room.

I'm glad you liked Death Row, but I never do. The intense fog and that horrible siren start to give me a headache. The actors clearly work very hard and the whole actual maze concept is cool, but it's still a once a year type maze for me.

I agree that Massacre Man is good this year. It's usually one of the better mazes. The set is really elaborate and even if you don't get scared in the mazes, there's all sorts of cool stuff to look at.

Tombstone Terror-Tory was better this year. I'll agree with that.

Trail of Terror was a lot better this year too. I wasn't in love with the idea of lining the path with the rope lights, but I do recall accidentally wandering off the path in the dark in years past. This one is definitely worth checking out, even if you've done it in past years. Hopefully they'll start doing the small groups thing again. That always seems to work out best.

The thing I liked about Slaughter House was that it really stuck with the theme. There really weren't any narrow halls with empty milk jugs hanging from them to try to get a cheap jump out of you. I encourage you to try it again next time you go, but do it after it gets dark. Seems like the new mazes always start off rough for the first weekend and then get a lot better.

Slaughter House started out ok but ended up being pretty boring. I think they shouldnt open this one up til 8 due to the small areas outside. It was still light out so i could see some stuff. But overall i give it a 7/10. I jumped 2 times but overall it was a better haunt then some of the other ones.

Next was Club Blood. We waited about 5minutes for this one. It was TERRIBLE!!! Last year was better, i am not saing the acting was bad, becuase it was good but the club was playing Smooth, Slow music. They need to play TECHNO or something. Overall i give it a 3/10. It was short, not that scary, and not that good.

You came through too? Wow... I did keep missing everyone! Slaughter House is better the darker it gets, but like I said in another topic, that problem will solve itself as the sun sets later.

I know you went through Club Blood several times last year, so I'm sorry to hear you didn't like it as well this year.

You came through too? Wow... I did keep missing everyone! Slaughter House is better the darker it gets, but like I said in another topic, that problem will solve itself as the sun sets later.

I know you went through Club Blood several times last year, so I'm sorry to hear you didn't like it as well this year.

Don't you mean earlier? ;)

Gator weren't you the one who yelled at me when i came through? I thought i heard someone yell my name but i looked back and I had no clue :\

That was me. :D I had just tried a new hiding spot when you went through, and after your group I decided I didn't like it because I missed seeing half the group! So I quickly went to my previous hiding spot.