Fountains Gone Next Year?

Young Gunz

Hey everyone! I have a bit of information and you can take it for what it's worth.

I was at Haunt on Friday night and was minding my own business and ended up walking behind two guys who worked at the park scoping around the fountain on I-Street. I didn't exactly hear their whole conversation, but what I did make of it was that they were talking about filling in the fountain and having a daily FMX motocross show. I had heard from a lot of people that the FMX freestyle thing they had over Memorial Day weekend was really popular, but this is a little extreme, don't you think? The FMX thing was cool, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about them removing the fountains...

Again, this was just something I overheard. I'm not trying to claim to have the inside goods. I just thought I'd share.

-YG

Kings Island is known for their grand entrance. Pulling the plug on the fountain would certainly put a damper on that.

There's nothing like walking in through the turnstyles and seeing the fountain in all its glory with the Eiffel Tower in the background. It's the sure sign you're "home."

• Like 1

It wouldn't surprise me if they removed the fountains. Their choice of background music for International Street has already diminished the experience of the fountain/tower entrance view greatly. I don't think they will, though. It would be like taking the reflecting pool out from in front of the Washington Monument, or draining St. Mary Lake in Glacier National Park. Just my opinion... :mellow:

• Like 1

Kings Island is known for their grand entrance. Pulling the plug on the fountain would certainly put a damper on that.

There's nothing like walking in through the turnstyles and seeing the fountain in all its glory with the Eiffel Tower in the background. It's the sure sign you're "home."

Harumph Harumph Harumph..

The very idea of it is nonsense. It just won't happen. In a trillion years they may be removed to make way for a nice forested median or a very exquisite garden, but they won't be removed ANYTIME soon, certainly not next year, and positively not for a BMX show. That's insanity. Hahha.

• Like 1

While I don't think the fountains will be removed and raized for a permament show. I do think there could be SOME truth to the rumor. The fountains could be temporarily removed for a show or an event, I wouldn't think all season but a few days or a week seems possible if KI was to host a major event. Didn't they remove the fountains for Winterfest for the skating rink? The part of this that seems to make it less likely though is that it wouldnt be a very good spot for a big event not enough room for seating, I would think.

• Like 1

Guest KINGSISLANDMASTER

Okay who said this, what was there uniform, this is not true, they would worry more about improving the park and making Planet Snoopy perfect than taking out the grand fountains, do not believe what empolyees say while off duty or even on duty unless there where a blue button or a button up shirt with the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company logo on it and then even then don't believe it if it sound stupid, most likely they hate the park and talk bad about it off duty the best people to believe are the gold tags, really don't believe employees.. believe it when you hear it, or see it.

Really the only people who know whats actually going to happen for a fact are Gold tags..anybody else really won't know for a fact..Supervisors asst.sups, or anybody like that may know.

Okay who said this, what was there uniform, this is not true, they would worry more about improving the park and making Planet Snoopy perfect than taking out the grand fountains, do not believe what empolyees say while off duty or even on duty unless there where a blue button or a button up shirt with the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company logo on it and then even then don't believe it if it sound stupid, most likely they hate the park and talk bad about it off duty the best people to believe are the gold tags, really don't believe employees.. believe it when you hear it, or see it.

Really the only people who know whats actually going to happen for a fact are Gold tags..anybody else really won't know for a fact..Supervisors asst.sups, or anybody like that may know.

O yea the gold tags! I have about 5 of those.

Really? Are you serious about your claims on certain employees*???

Why even say anything about certain employee's outfit? if I'm correct I seen more red shirts then blue shirts. Also you would be amazed who knows what at the park.

• Like 1

Guest TombraiderTy

You have no proof that Kings Island won't fill-in (or at least drain) the fountains and host a season-long BMX show there during the 2010 season. Therefore, you don't have the right to say who not to believe.

And I must say that I found this line interesting:

do not believe what empolyees say while off duty or even on duty unless there where a blue button or a button up shirt with the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company logo on it and then even then don't believe it if it sound stupidp

Imagine walking through the park in 1998 and hearing two of these fellows discussing the plans to build a looping wooden roller coaster :rolleyes:

You have no proof that Kings Island won't fill-in (or at least drain) the fountains and host a season-long BMX show there during the 2010 season. Therefore, you don't have the right to say who not to believe.

Well...he IS the KingsIslandMaster. We're all just the apprentices to his mastery of Kings Island. :lol:

• Like 1

i agree with the person that made mention earlier that the lack of the Intl Street Music has sort of taken aware the mystique of the fountains. If I'm not mistaken they used to "go to" the music. Wasn't too long ago Intl Street had instrumental music... and now we can listen to David Lee Roth on Intl Street. Isn't that progress?

I seriously doubt that the fountains will come out. like someone said, maybe a cover for a temporary show- but not out.

• Like 1