Fountains Gone Next Year?

Young Gunz

I seriously doubt that the fountains will come out. like someone said, maybe a cover for a temporary show- but not out.

If there is ANY truth to this rumor - I'm putting my money here. Although it does seem very early to be planning special events for next year (or maybe not), I could see a touring BMX / Extreme Sports show visiting the park next summer. For a temporary event, the concept is cool.

• Like 1

i am sure it must cost alot to maintain the Fountains, but remove them ? dont see it happening. like someone said before the tower and Fountains are a pair. take out the Fountains and remove the tower too .....lol

Vice versa as well. I just thought about what you said and I pictured the image in my head of The Eiffel Tower without the fountains and the other way around as well, it would not look right at all.

Just last year around the time of Haunt I heard a new AC/DC song and I also heard Foreplay long time by Boston and I was singing along and at the same time wondering, why am I doing this? The worldly music was a lot better IMO, it gave off a better more majestic vibe.

• Like 1

I first visited Kings Island in 1972, shortly after it

opened. At the time I was a manager in the Food

Services Department at Cedar Point and several

of us decided to drive down to Cincinnati from

Sandusky to see the new park. I remember being

very impressed with the entrance to Kings Island,

and 35 years later it is still perhaps the most

beautiful entrance of any amusement park in

the country: the fountain just inside the main

gate, the shops and stores lining the

walkways on either side, all framed

by the soaring replica of the Eiffel

Tower in the background.

Over the years, I’ve visited Kings

Island many times: to ride The

Beast, an amazing wooden roller

coaster; to see shows and walk

the midways; or to see for myself

Nickelodeon Universe, which has

won the prestigious Golden Ticket

Award for six consecutive years as the

Best Kids’ Area at any amusement park. My

mission was to learn from another park in an effort

to make our Cedar Fair parks better. And I did, but

I confess I always hoped that one day Kings Island

would be a Cedar Fair park. And now it is.

source http://www.cedarfair.com/ir/financial/annu...sident_2006.pdf

they might add the show, but getting rid of the fountains is stupid. first impressions do matter, and i don't want to walk into the park and see dirt and bikes, not saying i don't want the show, but it would be much better else where in the park

• Like 1

Tower in the background.

Thank you!

Tower in the background.

Thank you!

All of that is true.

They need to bring back the classical world music that was once played on International Street.

I would love to see the classical world music come back. It set the mood for International Street. Even more so when the ambiance was 'international" when the stores with a European flavor were there.

I got out my 1984 brochure and it had the folowing stores listed on International Street: The German Building, The Spanish Building, The Swiss Shop, La Pasteleria Cookies, Sausage Haus, Apline Chalet, and, of course, the International Restaurant.

Bring back the music!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Overall the location might not be the best, if true. For example, the seating arraignment with where guests are to stand/ sit without creating a disturbance to other guests.

1. I want to take a ride up the Eiffel Tower during showtime because I do not care about the show. It appears the line is longer than average, and people are hanging out at the top trying to watch the show. Forget the line and crowded observation deck. I'm slightly frustrated.

2. Wait, I was already frustrated once I entered the park. There was a mob of people standing on the walkways leaving little or no room for incoming guests to navigate; the walk seemed longer and further. Guess those roped off areas and crowd control employees could not take better control.

3. Oh yeah, the family walking in front of me came to a dead stop to observe what was going on to their left. I would not care if this has not happened a few times already.

4. I am feeling very annoyed so I want to look in the gift shops and cool off. Wait, people are spilling into the stores and cluttering the entrances.

What a great way to start my day off!

• Like 1

Overall the location might not be the best, if true. For example, the seating arraignment with where guests are to stand/ sit without creating a disturbance to other guests.

1. I want to take a ride up the Eiffel Tower during showtime because I do not care about the show. It appears the line is longer than average, and people are hanging out at the top trying to watch the show. Forget the line and crowded observation deck. I'm slightly frustrated.

2. Wait, I was already frustrated once I entered the park. There was a mob of people standing on the walkways leaving little or no room for incoming guests to navigate; the walk seemed longer and further. Guess those roped off areas and crowd control employees could not take better control.

3. Oh yeah, the family walking in front of me came to a dead stop to observe what was going on to their left. I would not care if this has not happened a few times already.

4. I am feeling very annoyed so I want to look in the gift shops and cool off. Wait, people are spilling into the stores and cluttering the entrances.

What a great way to start my day off!

welcome to a public place. as long as people are still coming in to KI this will still be happening. i understand your frustration, i hate it when i get stuck walking behind people who are moving at a seemingly very slow pace but it's one of those things you've just got to deal with. my suggestion go in May or late August during the week.

• Like 1

I have very little problem with crowds barely moving in amusement parks, but...as I have gotten older and seemingly less patient, I often find myself wanting to play the amusement park game "Machine Gun Alley" with people in retail stores who stop unexpectedly, poke and meander mindlessly seemingly oblivious to others who are trying to merely get what they need/want and get out of there. It probably doesn't help that I must look like the average retail associate...as nearly everywhere I go, I get asked where things are, what time "we" close, etc.

Come to think of it, that happens in parks, too...particularly if I just so happen to be wearing a suit and tie (I don't make these things up, kiddies!)

I long ago just started trying to answer usual inquiries, rather than try to explain "I don't work here, I am a...."

It's just easier...

^I would be disappointed too, but I don't think we will see the Fountains go anywhere.  As Beast1979 had posted earlier, Mr. Kinzel loves the entrance to KI and because of this, I would hope he wouldn't allow the fountains to be removed.

The fountains aren't going anywhere don't worry about it. 

• Like 1