Fountains Gone Next Year?

Young Gunz

Getting rid of the fountains would be like getting rid of the Eiffel Tower. KI is so identified with those two displays. Unless there is more reliable information I would take such rumors with a grain of salt.

I heard they're thinking about tipping the Eiffel Tower over and retheming it "2012".

Getting rid of the fountains would be like getting rid of the Eiffel Tower. KI is so identified with those two displays. Unless there is more reliable information I would take such rumors with a grain of salt.

I heard they're thinking about tipping the Eiffel Tower over and retheming it "2012".

Lmao

• 2 weeks later...

loss of fountains would be devistating . But remember this from Coney Island Days on the river, its heydey they at the time was going to pull the plug on the famous and sometimes world famous lost river ride for the eifel tower. nothing is forever Americans love change so much (majority it seems.

But the fountains would be too much to remove from a grand entrance like KI has. You don't get that grand entrance feeling at knotts or the point for sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is no way that what ever company owns the park now, or in the future, will ever take out the fountains. They have been there so long, that they are like the Eiffel Tower. The park wouldnt be the same without them. They Identify the park.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

What are you talking about? The fountains have been gone for a while. That entire area of the park has gone down the drain. And now people can smoke freely in it....

Oh, the I-Street fountains. I thought you ment Tower Lack Of Gardens.

• Like 1

Or there is the fountain that used to reside out front of what is now Outer Hanks (although at the time it was Oktoberfest Gardens). Then there was also the fountain in the midway between the Zephyr and Obey the Net game. That fountain is now the home of a large planter. Then of course there is the now gone (but not forgotten elephant fountain that used to reside outside of the restrooms in kiddy land (near where Sally`s Sea Plane resides today). And lets not forget the fountains that used to be in Swan Lake.

• Like 1

Guest IceCream329

I really can't believe there is a topic about this, and really y'll are worrying about the fountains leaving, really??? C'mon Really, I honest to goodness have nothing to say about this because I am so dang spechless!!!

Speaking of fountains, I am pleased to see that the old drinking fountain in Oktoberfest still works. I am a bit surprised that it's even there anymore since it's off the beaten path (in a corner between a caricature stand and Greaters on the edge of Oktoberfest).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of fountains, I am pleased to see that the old drinking fountain in Oktoberfest still works. I am a bit surprised that it's even there anymore since it's off the beaten path (in a corner between a caricature stand and Greaters on the edge of Oktoberfest).

Huh? What old drinking fountain in Oktoberfest? Your post isn't making sense to me, because Graeter's is on the edge of Planet Snoopy, not Oktoberfest. Do you mean a drinking fountain on that path to Planet Snoopy near Graeter's and the caricature stand next to it, or do you actually mean Oktoberfest?

• Like 1

Thanks, Terpy. I'll have to look for that next time I'm at the park. I don't think I've ever noticed it before... and I worked at the park for 16 straight seasons and have been going as a guest for much longer! But there is a good chance I used that drinking fountain in the 70's or early 80's... laugh.gif

• Like 1