Fountains Gone Next Year?

Young Gunz

Sorry if I confused anyone. The drinking fountain appears to be getting ignored. The past two times I'be been to the park, the drain has been clogged, so the bowl has been full of water. As I said, it's kinda back in a corner, so you likely wouldn't notice it if you weren't looking for it.

• Like 1

I fully expect said drinking fountain to be observed, analyzed, photographed and discussed in some future trip reports. biggrin.gif

Well, I found it!

DrinkingFountain.jpg

I was at the park on Thursday with StalkerChick and AgentSoB. We had just gotten off BBoBH and started toward IS. I looked to my left, and I said "There it is!" StalkerChick asked "There's what?" and I said "The old drinking fountain that we've been talking about on KIC!" StalkerChick said "Cool!", and we went over to it. As you can see, it's the old kind with the foot pedal. StalkerChick was the first to take a drink, and I was next. StalkerChick said it tasted kind of well-watery, but I thought it tasted just fine! Of course, I was pretty darn thirsty at the time. We marvelled at the fountain for a little while longer, StalkerChick and I took another drink, and we went on our way.

The bowl was full with water, but it did seem to be going down little by little. I feel like we discovered a little piece of KI history since I've passed it by countless times without ever noticing it. Thanks Oldiesmann for telling us about this. I'll be stopping by this fountain again!

• Like 2

The bowl has been full of water for several weeks now. Apparently whoever has the power to fix that problem either doesn't know that it exists, or has forgotten that it's there.

Sadly, if we tried to bring it to the park's attention, it would likely disappear entirely, especially since some guests are physically unable to operate it.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Hey everyone! I have a bit of information and you can take it for what it's worth.

I was at Haunt on Friday night and was minding my own business and ended up walking behind two guys who worked at the park scoping around the fountain on I-Street. I didn't exactly hear their whole conversation, but what I did make of it was that they were talking about filling in the fountain and having a daily FMX motocross show. I had heard from a lot of people that the FMX freestyle thing they had over Memorial Day weekend was really popular, but this is a little extreme, don't you think? The FMX thing was cool, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about them removing the fountains...

Again, this was just something I overheard. I'm not trying to claim to have the inside goods. I just thought I'd share.

-YG

That is just like people saying that KI needs to remove the front gate area to build a new coaster just like CP did. Said people don't get that the front gate area can't hold a coaster unless you remove a ton of buildings.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

My parents used to joke around saying their was a dolphin show in the Royal Fountains. I believed them... This joke started because when my mom worked at KI she had a guest ask her where the dolphins were in the fountain.

• Like 5

My parents used to joke around saying their was a dolphin show in the Royal Fountains. I believed them... This joke started because when my mom worked at KI she had a guest ask her where the dolphins were in the fountain.

There was a dolphin show located right near the fountains a long long time ago.

So that's probably why she got that question :)

• Like 3

Maybe they are going to have a diving show in the Royal Fountains! :P

They could have a Canadian Geese show at the Royal Fountains if only they could be trained.  The last time I was there the geese wanted my LaRosa's pizza.  Would that be considered sharing my all season meal plan? :unsure:

• Like 4