Hot Blooded Review

BoddaH1994

Okay, so he's 30. So that means there are at least 7 years that the park was operating that he wasn't alive, and another 6 or 7 years where he would have no memory of the shows. Hard to say something is the best ever when you've not personally seen and remembered them all.

Just sayin'.

Bravo to Kings Island for the dead awakening and hot blooded. I dont want to hear about anyone hatin' on these magnificent shows. I personally dont like roller coasters or professional sports such as football, baseball, or basketball, but I dont trash them either. The dancers are not strippers, they are very high class professionals that have way more talent than sports players. Their gracefulness can be compared to ice skaters, and their courage to do back flips, etc. is stronger than 2 guys trying to tackle each other! I used to visit Kings Island for the sole purpose of spending time with my daughter, but now I want to go and enjoy being there because of the live entertainment. These 2 shows especially, and the other shows played throughout spring and summer have brought me and my wife closer because we dont go many places together. Now about hot blooded and the supposed gay vampires, the 2 guys are not kissing they are nose to nose and are doing this because it is part of the show. I think they should be rewarded for having the courage to do this in front of an audience knowing narrow minded people are going to be calling them names. Think about this there is more physical contact between men playing football and wrestling, then when they make a good play they pat each others rears? Kings Island knows that everyone has different taste and thats why they offer a variety of different things to see and do. I have not been through any other attractions yet because of the long lines and not wanting miss the next showing of hot blooded! My favorite part of the show is during the song it feels like the first time when the 2 dancers are crawling on each other and then the girl on the bottom totally flips herself over and ends up standing like its no big deal.

Is there a thumbs up smiley? I think we need one! I completely agree!

Bravo to Kings Island for the dead awakening and hot blooded. I dont want to hear about anyone hatin' on these magnificent shows. I personally dont like roller coasters or professional sports such as football, baseball, or basketball, but I dont trash them either. The dancers are not strippers, they are very high class professionals that have way more talent than sports players. Their gracefulness can be compared to ice skaters, and their courage to do back flips, etc. is stronger than 2 guys trying to tackle each other! I used to visit Kings Island for the sole purpose of spending time with my daughter, but now I want to go and enjoy being there because of the live entertainment. These 2 shows especially, and the other shows played throughout spring and summer have brought me and my wife closer because we dont go many places together. Now about hot blooded and the supposed gay vampires, the 2 guys are not kissing they are nose to nose and are doing this because it is part of the show. I think they should be rewarded for having the courage to do this in front of an audience knowing narrow minded people are going to be calling them names. Think about this there is more physical contact between men playing football and wrestling, then when they make a good play they pat each others rears? Kings Island knows that everyone has different taste and thats why they offer a variety of different things to see and do. I have not been through any other attractions yet because of the long lines and not wanting miss the next showing of hot blooded! My favorite part of the show is during the song it feels like the first time when the 2 dancers are crawling on each other and then the girl on the bottom totally flips herself over and ends up standing like its no big deal.

im probably going to be flogged or something for this but.... i dont think that the dancers/singers in this show are that great. They seem like cummunity college grade level that chose this as a minor or just a hobbie on the side. If they tried to do make it on broadway or in hollywood they wouldnt make it. I do agree about not like sports and all the you were talking about but i LOVE my coasters, and i have seen GOOD live entertainment so i know how to spot it and yes the shows were decent but they werent all your kicking them up to be and yes there were alot of the same moves that strippers use.

The lighting for the show was really good, even without the water wall. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the same guy who did this show also did the first year of Dead Awakening, which also had some great lighting. Good stuff.

Nope im pretty sure Josh did both seasons of dead awakening, not Kyle.

Pretty sure he was talking about the lighting guy, not the lead singer.

im probably going to be flogged or something for this but.... i dont think that the dancers/singers in this show are that great. They seem like cummunity college grade level that chose this as a minor or just a hobbie on the side. If they tried to do make it on broadway or in hollywood they wouldnt make it. I do agree about not like sports and all the you were talking about but i LOVE my coasters, and i have seen GOOD live entertainment so i know how to spot it and yes the shows were decent but they werent all your kicking them up to be and yes there were alot of the same moves that strippers use.

First, it's not only rude, but ridiculously absurd to equate someone's singing and dancing skills with whether or not they're in "cummunity college." Also, it's spelled community college... If you're going to try to insult someone's intelligence (or, their dancing skills which are somehow related to intelligence... err..?) then you might want to spell an educational institution correctly... :rolleyes: And about them not making it in Hollywood, I bet a lot of people said that about some of the original Kings Island performers... What was that one's name again.? Oh yeah, Carmen Electra.

And let's see, a five-weekend show at a local amusement park? It probably is just a "hobbie" (sic) for most of them. If only we could get some of the 50+ year old grand dames of Broadway to play sexy vampires at a small-town Ohio amusement park's seasonal show. :lol:

First, it's not only rude, but ridiculously absurd to equate someone's singing and dancing skills with whether or not they're in "cummunity college." Also, it's spelled community college... If you're going to try to insult someone's intelligence (or, their dancing skills which are somehow related to intelligence... err..?) then you might want to spell an educational institution correctly... :rolleyes: And about them not making it in Hollywood, I bet a lot of people said that about some of the original Kings Island performers... What was that one's name again.? Oh yeah, Carmen Electra.

And let's see, a five-weekend show at a local amusement park? It probably is just a "hobbie" (sic) for most of them. If only we could get some of the 50+ year old grand dames of Broadway to play sexy vampires at a small-town Ohio amusement park's seasonal show. :lol:

How likely is it that any of them will meet Prince and get to use their stripper moves to sell "stripper areobic workouts"?

Just when I thought HH's Show last year was good, they come us with Hot Blooded which I think is Ki's best show ever just infront of Endless Summer on Ice.

Since you're about 12, you're well qualified to judge since you've seen all the shows in the history of the park.

why the sharp tounge?? even if he was 12,dont judge a book by it cover!

Just when I thought HH's Show last year was good, they come us with Hot Blooded which I think is Ki's best show ever just infront of Endless Summer on Ice.

Since you're about 12, you're well qualified to judge since you've seen all the shows in the history of the park.

Are you thinking of Beast1979, who is 13?

THINK before you post. No need to be rude.

EDIT: Woops people beat me to it. Sorry.

Okay, so he's 30. So that means there are at least 7 years that the park was operating that he wasn't alive, and another 6 or 7 years where he would have no memory of the shows. Hard to say something is the best ever when you've not personally seen and remembered them all.

Just sayin'.

Maybe his parents were big Kings Island show fans and have the full Kings Island collection of shows 1972-present on bootlegged Bluray disc. You wouldn't know otherwise.

Just sayin'.

As a matter of fact my mom is here visiting... Hey Mom are you a big fan "mom" why yes I am I have been a big fan since 72, I had my honeymoon at Kings Island and I'm the biggest reason why your such a huge coaster fan! Thanks Mom Yes there has been alot of good shows but I really like Hot Blooded!

I'm not going to repeat my history with ki so if anyone is really bored sometime and want to know just IM me thanks.

Im glad you like your coasters, I have been on littlebill coaster and The Beastie, yeah go ahead and laugh it is ridiculous coming from a guy who used to ride stunt bikes I am "skeered" of the big coasters. But I also know good entertainment and HotBlooded is at the top of the list right next to dead awakening. I passed up a bachelor party at smoky mountain chalet not to miss the opening night and I don't regret it a bit. HotBlooded is all that and more, I am probably the number 1 fan and have to stand up for them so KI will continue this at Halloween Haunt. Nice talking to you friend..........

The lighting for the show was really good, even without the water wall. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the same guy who did this show also did the first year of Dead Awakening, which also had some great lighting. Good stuff.

Nope im pretty sure Josh did both seasons of dead awakening, not Kyle.

Pretty sure he was talking about the lighting guy, not the lead singer.

ohh makes more sense now!!!lol

Just saw Hot Blooded last night for the first time. At first I thought it was just going to be a sing-a-long show with some rock hits. But I LOVED the special effects in it! Especially the blood ;) And of course the eye candy doesn't hurt either... :) Good show.

Guest TombraiderTy

Of the twenty-four Kings Island shows I've seen and remember (which I'm sure is a minuscule amount compared to SnakePit's :rolleyes:), Hot Blooded places at number five. Although there were quite a few parts I didn't care for, the rest of the show was upbeat and entertaining, and both the water screen and the pyrotechnics were very cool (as were the blood effects and zipline stunt at the start). If anybody cares, the shows that ranked above Hot Blooded were School of Rock: Live in Concert, Twistin' to the 60's, Endless Summer: On Ice, and Dead Awakening.

Of the twenty-four Kings Island shows I've seen and remember (which I'm sure is a minuscule amount compared to SnakePit's :rolleyes:), Hot Blooded places at number five. Although there were quite a few parts I didn't care for, the rest of the show was upbeat and entertaining, and both the water screen and the pyrotechnics were very cool (as were the blood effects and zipline stunt at the start). If anybody cares, the shows that ranked above Hot Blooded were School of Rock: Live in Concert, Twistin' to the 60's, Endless Summer: On Ice, and Dead Awakening.

I understand the others, but Twistin' to the 60s? Ferreal?

Guest TombraiderTy

^I personally liked Twistin' to the 60s, MUCH more than Flashback: Totally 80s (which ranks at number 23, only beaten-out as worst show by 2007's Torture Chamber inside the Kings Island Theater). Besides having a small storyline, something that quite a few of the park shows lack, the music was catchy and the dancing was good. I was disappointed it didn't return for 2008 after its initial run at Kings Island in 2007.

[...]And about them not making it in Hollywood, I bet a lot of people said that about some of the original Kings Island performers... What was that one's name again.? Oh yeah, Carmen Electra.

Yeah, Carmen TOTALLY made it into Hollywood and is very famous for roles in some truly amazing films such as Meet the Spartans, Epic Movie, Date Movie, and, of course, Disaster Movie. :mellow:

I initally stated this wasn't very good. However, I got to see it again Sat at midnight, and it was like a whole different show. The effects were all dead on, blood, everything, and it made the show much much better. I enjoyed it, even though it's not my kinda music.

deb

I initally stated this wasn't very good. However, I got to see it again Sat at midnight, and it was like a whole different show. The effects were all dead on, blood, everything, and it made the show much much better. I enjoyed it, even though it's not my kinda music.

deb

"dead on" great wording :P