WLWT Reports Haunt Among Top 10 Attractions

The Interpreter

...A Web site has ranked three local attractions as being among the top haunted attractions in the country.

The Dent Schoolhouse was ranked sixth overall, while Land of Illusion was ranked 31st on Hauntworld.com.

Kings Island was also rated among the top ten haunted amusement park attractions in the nation....

Kings Island's Haunt was also rated the seventh-best “Amusement Park Halloween Haunted Event.”

Hauntworld.com is the self-proclaimed “best haunted house Web site on the planet.”

Also according to the Web site, “Hauntworld is the biggest website on the web to help you find haunted houses by state, city or by zip code.

Hauntworld.com also features hundreds of haunted hayrides, Halloween attractions, corn mazes, ghost tours, haunted tours and much more.”The full list of haunted house rankings can be found at: http://hauntworld.com/featured_article/ame...ted_houses_2009.

http://www.wlwt.com/entertainment/21137395/detail.html

1. Universal Studios Horror Nights, Orlando, FL - www.halloweenhorrornights.com

2. Knott’s Scary Farm, Los Angeles, CA - www.halloweenhaunt.com

3. Tampa Busch Gardens, Tampa, FL - www.howl-o-scream.com

4. Universal Studios Horror Nights, Hollywood, CA - www.halloweenhorrornights.com

5. Kennywood Amusement Park, “Phantom Fright Nights", Pittsburgh, PA - www.kennywood.com

6. Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA- www.howl-o-scream.com

7. King's Island Haunt, Cincinnati, OH - www.visitkingsisland.com

8. Cedar Point Haunt, Sandusky, OH - www.cedarpoint.com

9. Six Flags Fright Fest, NJ - www.frightfest.com

10. Old Tucson Studios Nightfall, Tucson, AZ - www.oldtucson.com

I didn't see where Kennywood should be at 5 and KI at 7. Kennywood was very disappointing after seeing it. I don't know why they rate Kennywood so high.

^ Take this into consideration:

1. Universal Studios Horror Nights, Orlando, FL - www.halloweenhorrornights.com Started 9/25

2. Knott’s Scary Farm, Los Angeles, CA - www.halloweenhaunt.com Started 9/24

3. Tampa Busch Gardens, Tampa, FL - www.howl-o-scream.com Starts 10/1

4. Universal Studios Horror Nights, Hollywood, CA - www.halloweenhorrornights.com Starts 10/2

5. Kennywood Amusement Park, “Phantom Fright Nights", Pittsburgh, PA - www.kennywood.com Starts 10/2

6. Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA- www.howl-o-scream.com Started 9/25

7. King's Island Haunt, Cincinnati, OH - www.visitkingsisland.com Started 9/25

8. Cedar Point Haunt, Sandusky, OH - www.cedarpoint.com Started 9/18

9. Six Flags Fright Fest, NJ - www.frightfest.com Starts 10/3

10. Old Tucson Studios Nightfall, Tucson, AZ - www.oldtucson.com Starts 10/1

Those are some REALLY good VIP passes. They used 1.21 gigawatts and transported in to the future! ;)

The truth to the Top Haunts award is soley if it is nominated on the Haunt World Message Board. There really is not a process for evaluation. I work in the haunt industry and basically the owner of Hauntworld just picks the houses/attractions he wants to be on the list. There is no 'formal' rating of any kind. The title just goes to whatever attractions are nominated in Spring. It is nice to be on the list, but it is more of a marketing strategy for Hauntworld to get more publicity. I did not even put our attraction in the running and suprise, suprise, we were not in the list. I just don't think it is an accurate evaluation.

The truth to the Top Haunts award is soley if it is nominated on the Haunt World Message Board. There really is not a process for evaluation. I work in the haunt industry and basically the owner of Hauntworld just picks the houses/attractions he wants to be on the list. There is no 'formal' rating of any kind. The title just goes to whatever attractions are nominated in Spring. It is nice to be on the list, but it is more of a marketing strategy for Hauntworld to get more publicity. I did not even put our attraction in the running and suprise, suprise, we were not in the list. I just don't think it is an accurate evaluation.

Assuming arguendo that that's the case, there's a lesson in there....

(You will never get a job that is competed if you don't apply...)