Charlie Brown and the Haunted Mansion?

PREMiERdrum

Park News - (9/30/09) A reader sent in a e-mail they received from Guest Services at Canada’s Wonderland that does confirm that Scooby Doo would be leaving the park’s Haunted Mansion dark ride. “As far as we know the rides themselves will be intact. However, the names will be changing to accommodate the Peanuts characters.”

http://screamscape.com/html/canada_s_wonderland.htm

Park News - (9/30/09) Screamscape has been informed that Kings Dominion has also confirmed that Scooby Doo will be coming out of the park’s dark ride for the 2010 season. The ride will remain open, just all the Scooby Doo themeing will be removed.

http://screamscape.com/html/kings_dominion.htm

So - I'm thinking guest services at Carowinds means that all the Nick Central rides are staying, just that the names are changing to accomodate the Peanuts. But, what if Snoopy & Co invaded the mansion?

All this info was already announced:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19483

added BOLD emphasis

Further details on Planet Snoopy, including new ride names, will be released during the 2009/2010 offseason.

New ride names mentioned, not new rides.

And discussed into even more detail here:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19385

Does anyone know if Cedar Fair will be removing rides from Nick U? I heard they were going to remove some rides ... I sure hope not! I mean we are already losing scooby(*Tears*!) what other painful blow what else could Cedar Fair do to OK us as fans of the park? :huh:

None of the current ride selections will be removed in this conversion.

All this info was already announced:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19483

added BOLD emphasis

Further details on Planet Snoopy, including new ride names, will be released during the 2009/2010 offseason.

New ride names mentioned, not new rides.

And discussed into even more detail here:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19385

Does anyone know if Cedar Fair will be removing rides from Nick U? I heard they were going to remove some rides ... I sure hope not! I mean we are already losing scooby(*Tears*!) what other painful blow what else could Cedar Fair do to OK us as fans of the park? :huh:

None of the current ride selections will be removed in this conversion.

This is, to the best of my knowledge, the first time we've seen one of the parks say that Scooby and friends will be removed from the dark rides, which lends credence that we'll see them turn into the more generic GhostBlaster themed ride. There was debate over how extensive the dark ride's retheme would be. So, in short, no this wasn't announced already.

This is, to the best of my knowledge, the first time we've seen one of the parks say that Scooby and friends will be removed from the dark rides, which lends credence that we'll see them turn into the more generic GhostBlaster themed ride. There was debate over how extensive the dark ride's retheme would be. So, in short, no this wasn't announced already.

So you will take Screamscape's word over BoddaH's?

In short, wow...

If they don't remove the ride altogeher.....

They're not removing the ride all together...

Personally I like the so-called generic theming idea better, It just seems to me to be more about Scooby Doo than it does a haunted house, I like to feel like I'm going through a haunted house, not Scooby Doo is going through a haunted house, but that's just me

I can see where one would think that Scooby has a more suspenseful theme than Charlie, due to the nature of the cartoons. So in very few words Scooby Doo cartoons are scarier than Charlie Brown cartoons, I guess.....

To be honest has anyone watched a Charlie Brown cartoon (besides the holiday episodes?) and where I could watch them online? Just figure I should learn more about these characters before they invade our park......

^ Sorry, gotta ask.

Scooby is scary?

Scobby is not; but most of the cartoons for Scooby do, had monsters and alliens in them. The mystery was a scarry theme, Scooby and Shagy were always scared.

Well I tell you what, nothing is more suspenseful than waiting for the Great Pumpkin, or the little red haired girl.

;)

In short, wow...

You're misunderstanding me, and sounding like a jerk in the process. <_<

I believed him that they weren't removing the ride altogether, but that still left a wide array of possibilities as to what they would do with the ride. Many did think that a GhostBlasters retrofit could be installed, others speculated about incorporating Peanuts characters, and at least one member was campaigning for a return of the Smurfs.

This, to my knowledge, is the first indication directly from on of the parks, that says that Scooby characters will be removed from the ride, which points to the Ghostblasters option. Get it?

^ Not sure where the "jerk" thing came from or how you came to that feeling, but it was clear that the ride was staying, and that it would not be themed to Scooby.

Why it took Screamscape's indication on 9/30/09 and not the information gained here on 9/16/09 is rather surprising.

Sorry if you felt "scooped" newsguy.

;)

I can see where one would think that Scooby has a more suspenseful theme than Charlie, due to the nature of the cartoons. So in very few words Scooby Doo cartoons are scarier than Charlie Brown cartoons, I guess.....

To be honest has anyone watched a Charlie Brown cartoon (besides the holiday episodes?) and where I could watch them online? Just figure I should learn more about these characters before they invade our park......

Someone on here posted a link a while back. I can't remember it exactly, but try this.

Go to You Tube, enter race for your life charlie brown. You can watch that cartoon in about 6 or 7 different parts.

just keep track of the poster that put it up, so you keep the sequence right time wise, and enjoy!

hey take it easy on the WSYX guy... I know a few people who work there and he may be one of my friends........ plus he works in columbus..... so thats a fun media market to be in

Take it easy on him?

Who called who the jerk?

Everyone was being nice until the jerk comment came out. There is enough bashing on here.

Glad to see the ride is going to stay. I have faith that Cedar Fair will do the new Planet Snoopy area well, as they have at Cedar Point, and I hope that the same care goes into the retheming of the ride.

Of course, we all know how much Cedar Fair adores Dark Rides, so I'm still a little cautious about how they'll do with CBatHM.....

hey take it easy on the WSYX guy... I know a few people who work there and he may be one of my friends........ plus he works in columbus..... so thats a fun media market to be in

Take it easy on him?

Who called who the jerk?

Everyone was being nice until the jerk comment came out. There is enough bashing on here.

next time I need to find a "Plant tongue in cheek" button.... :P (doesnt work but it its the best I can do...)

Take it easy on him?

Who called who the jerk?

next time I need to find a "Plant tongue in cheek" button.... :P (doesnt work but it its the best I can do...)

The "Plant tongue in cheek" button is at the top on the right; a small square red button with an X. B)

In short, wow...

I believed him that they weren't removing the ride altogether, but that still left a wide array of possibilities as to what they would do with the ride. Many did think that a GhostBlasters retrofit could be installed, others speculated about incorporating Peanuts characters, and at least one member was campaigning for a return of the Smurfs.

This, to my knowledge, is the first indication directly from on of the parks, that says that Scooby characters will be removed from the ride, which points to the Ghostblasters option. Get it?

From Kings Island's web site:

Planet Snoopy COMES TO Kings Island IN 2010!

The world's most popular beagle, Snoopy, will have a new home at Kings Island, beginning with the 2010 season. Planet Snoopy will be located in Kings Island's "Best Kid's Area in the World" section (Amusement Today Golden Ticket award 2001 through 2008) and will boast an elaborate collection of PEANUTS-themed rides and attractions for every age, including more kids' roller coasters (four) than any other park in the world. Planet Snoopy will also feature a live stage show and daily meet and greet opportunities with the PEANUTS characters such as Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Lucy and Linus.

Starring an unlikely round-headed hero and a unique cast of young characters wiser and wittier than their years, Charles Schulz's PEANUTS is not just the best-known, most-loved comic strip ever created, but a true global phenomenon. The PEANUTS characters are featured in 2,200 newspapers, in classic television specials and on re-mastered DVD's, on stage, in hundreds of books and across the internet. They have inspired every kind of consumer product from t-shirts to toothbrushes.

"PEANUTS are an international icon," Kings Island's vice president and general manager Greg Scheid said. "Snoopy and his pals are instantly recognizable among children and adults alike. We look forward to the PEANUTS gang becoming a part of the world-class thrills, fun and family entertainment for our guests."

Planet Snoopy and the PEANUTS Gang will replace Nickelodeon Universe and Scooby-Doo.

In short, wow...

From Kings Island's web site:

Planet Snoopy COMES TO Kings Island IN 2010!

The world's most popular beagle, Snoopy, will have a new home at Kings Island, beginning with the 2010 season. Planet Snoopy will be located in Kings Island's "Best Kid's Area in the World" section (Amusement Today Golden Ticket award 2001 through 2008) and will boast an elaborate collection of PEANUTS-themed rides and attractions for every age, including more kids' roller coasters (four) than any other park in the world. Planet Snoopy will also feature a live stage show and daily meet and greet opportunities with the PEANUTS characters such as Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Lucy and Linus.

Starring an unlikely round-headed hero and a unique cast of young characters wiser and wittier than their years, Charles Schulz's PEANUTS is not just the best-known, most-loved comic strip ever created, but a true global phenomenon. The PEANUTS characters are featured in 2,200 newspapers, in classic television specials and on re-mastered DVD's, on stage, in hundreds of books and across the internet. They have inspired every kind of consumer product from t-shirts to toothbrushes.

"PEANUTS are an international icon," Kings Island's vice president and general manager Greg Scheid said. "Snoopy and his pals are instantly recognizable among children and adults alike. We look forward to the PEANUTS gang becoming a part of the world-class thrills, fun and family entertainment for our guests."

Planet Snoopy and the PEANUTS Gang will replace Nickelodeon Universe and Scooby-Doo.

I'm pretty sure I figured out our miscommunication here. I was talking specifically about the dark ride. We knew Scooby was leaving. We knew it had to be rethemed. Unless there's a part of the press release that I can't see, it doesn't say what would happen to the dark ride other than Mystery Inc's departure. There was plenty of speculation on here as to how far they would go in rethemeing it. The note from Carowinds on Screamscape seems to say that the dark ride would simply have the Scooby Doo characters pulled out, making it seem that the GhostBlasters option is the most likely.

I certainly didn't mean to offend anybody, but I did feel miffed at this comment:

In short, wow...

Especially since it wasn't the case. That is, unless, I missed a press release about the specific plans to retheme the dark ride. Does that make sense?

If it's any consolation I have known from the beginning what you were trying to get across...I am sorry that I didn't post sooner...but I didn't think it would go on this long.

I certainly didn't mean to offend anybody, but I did feel miffed at this comment:

In short, wow...

I also saw the "wow" as not a nice thing to say...I am surprised that no one else seemed to. (I am not trying to prolong this discussion...but sometimes it's nice to know that you are not alone.) :)

Once they remove Scooby from the Mansion I look at it as one less ride I have to ride. Not a fan of the Peanuts at all! Also it will save myself and my family a lot of money on souvenirs. So thanks Cedar Fair in the end that means less nickles for you. :)

Is it just me or do the Peanuts characters that walk around the park look like giant bobble-heads?

^ Not sure where the "jerk" thing came from or how you came to that feeling, but it was clear that the ride was staying, and that it would not be themed to Scooby.

Why it took Screamscape's indication on 9/30/09 and not the information gained here on 9/16/09 is rather surprising.

Sorry if you felt "scooped" newsguy.

;)

"And thats the way the cookie crumbles, I am Bruce Noland.."