Racer Tunnel new paint.

Coaster Kid

I know some theme parks don't sell gum for this reason. (I think Disney is one?) It's a pretty good idea, really, when you think of the gross mess it makes inside the park, and I can't think of ever being in the park just DYING for a stick of gum.

Who knows, though, maybe all that revenue from gum sales paid for the scraping and painting!

I know some theme parks don't sell gum for this reason. (I think Disney is one?) It's a pretty good idea, really, when you think of the gross mess it makes inside the park, and I can't think of ever being in the park just DYING for a stick of gum.

Who knows, though, maybe all that revenue from gum sales paid for the scraping and painting!

Disney does sell gum, it's just not displayed very prominently..its stashed away in the gift shops in a pretty inconspicious place. The same holds true for cigarrettes..I know they used to stock them only in a couple of places at the MK anyway and again they were kept behind the counter to prevent anyone underage from buying.

Disney cleans the gum nightly off the streets with the high pressure hot water sprays, which are so powerful, you will suffer some very serious burns if you come into contact with it!

Well, when The Racer first opened, the break run was not enclosed in tunnels as it is now. It was very similar to how the break run is on The Beast prior to the station.

Let me just add a footer to this post. I assume the "break run" is the place on the coaster you sit to take a break today?

Terpy, who just HAD to, and who, given the original poster's precision and care, is on sound footing. Big blue and silver B and M at Cedar Point, anyone?

Fair enough. Don`t know how I slipped up on that one, but at least I was on sound footing. And yes, I remember when you mentioned the blue and silver coaster at Cedar Point and attributed its design to B&M.

Also, the entire tunnel on the Red Racer side has now been completely painted. How can you tell besides the smell and the missing gum on the walls? When they replaced the roof on the tunnels a few years back, they had not painted the new plywood roof, so you could see the bare wood. Now, everything is bright white. And if you look carefully enough, you can tell that they did not use paint brushes and rollers, but sprayed it on.

Guest TombraiderTy
Oh dear, we all know what happened last time they tried to make The Racer "like when they opened it"...

Yes, many people- including myself- liked it.

Hi I'm TylerRider and this is my 200th post special. (yes you got it right.) I would like to tell you about the best Rollercoaster ride I have ever had. It was on The Racer... The Red Racer. It was not to long ago during Halloween Haunt, and It was a cold night. As we went up the first hill the whole train was excited. I was in the second to last seat.(my friends were in the back.) Click Click Click!! up we went untill we stopped. Then the drop took us through an abyss of fog. Going and going untill we got to the tur around going up you could not see your hand in front of your face. Amazing!!! Going into the newly painted and lovely painted walls was also great. Truly the best ride ever.

Now I hope you enjoyed this story. I sure love to be able to have the chance to discuss these thing with you guys (tear*)

Thanks for listening,

TylerRider

That is just the nature of The Beast, unfortunately. Put a solid surface that close to riders when they are waiting for the train to advance and they will find something to entertain themselves for the few seconds they are there. The only real way to solve the issue is either remove the tunnel in that area of The Racer (it originally was not enclosed but was like The Beast as I have previously mentioned) or continually paint the tunnels. In an ideal world, people would not spit or throw there gum on the walls of the tunnel. But unfortunately, people are disgusting and will do such things.